Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So I know I'm the one who brought it up but I think putting off another challenge until the holidays will be better. I've got too much going on atm to run it.

I have actually been liking the Publix house brand frozen yogurt for a low calorie option. We've had the Moose Tracks and the Chocolate Cookie Quarry, which is like cookies and cream but with chocolate ice cream. Both are really good for 150 calories per serving.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell is back in stock but there are none of the flavors I'd want were back in stock. I am sick to death of BB cookies and cream, lol. I just went and picked up The Tonight Dough again.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Had a brownie with vanilla ice cream and Stonewall Kitchen's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel sauce this weekend. Twice. :smiley:

Also got the Brownie Batter Oreos but haven't tried them yet as we are still trying to finish up the S'Moreos.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Turkey Hill was on sale last week, so I picked up a cookie dough and a chocolate peanut butter. I don't know if it was because I only got one serving from the end of the carton (darn kids, lol) but I only got one bit of mix-in for the cookie dough. The ice cream was tasty, but that was a bit of a disappointment. I chocolate peanut butter is pretty good, though.

I also recently tried Talenti Pistachio (something or other, forgot the full name). I love pistachios, and this did not disappoint. Yummy yum yum!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    At the bargain store I go to at least every week I found Milky Way's Malted Ice Cream & since I never seen it before I picked it up. I also picked up for $1.99 Edy's Mint Cookie Custard since the custards are usually $4.99-$5.99.

They had a brand that I never heard of Roundy's (I looked it up & it must be grocery store brand) has anyone ever tried it?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Milky Way Malted Ice Cream sounds delicious.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I think this is my new favorite from So Delicious. Lots of chocolate bits, swirls of peanut butter, and a chocolate base. No coconut taste whatsoever. Peanut butter had a touch of salt to it. Yum.
    coco-ice-chocolate-pb.png

Ok, this I need to try! One of my friends was raving about So Delicious, but I've never tried any of the flavors. I can't remember if she mentioned one in particular, but chocolate peanut butter is my boyfriend.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So yeah that Turkey Hill sea salt gelato, saying I'm disappointed doesn't even cover it. The mix ins are good, but the base is pretty much flavorless. Glad it was cheap, and I'm sure my daughter will eat it.

I had a coupon on Haagen Dazs and it was on sale so I had my pick of a pint for $1.30, but choice was limited, so I went with dulce de leche. Don't think I've ever had that one, and again, I'm sure my daughter will eat it as she loves caramel too.

I was pretty disappointed in the Turkey Hill sea salt caramel, and that's what they keep sending me coupons for. Maybe I'll try the chocolate peanut butter one. The calories are pretty high on them, too, from what I remember, with not as much in a serving as Talenti.

I tried this when I was house sitting a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post it. I don't know what the difference is between ice cream and a dairy dessert, but it I loved it. The fudge swirls were like biting into a piece of chocolate candy bar. I need to get this for home.

moose-tracks.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    At the bargain store I go to at least every week I found Milky Way's Malted Ice Cream & since I never seen it before I picked it up. I also picked up for $1.99 Edy's Mint Cookie Custard since the custards are usually $4.99-$5.99.

They had a brand that I never heard of Roundy's (I looked it up & it must be grocery store brand) has anyone ever tried it?

I've seen Roundy's products in the diaries of friends in Illinois and Wisconsin, but never around here.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So yeah that Turkey Hill sea salt gelato, saying I'm disappointed doesn't even cover it. The mix ins are good, but the base is pretty much flavorless. Glad it was cheap, and I'm sure my daughter will eat it.

I had a coupon on Haagen Dazs and it was on sale so I had my pick of a pint for $1.30, but choice was limited, so I went with dulce de leche. Don't think I've ever had that one, and again, I'm sure my daughter will eat it as she loves caramel too.

I was pretty disappointed in the Turkey Hill sea salt caramel, and that's what they keep sending me coupons for. Maybe I'll try the chocolate peanut butter one. The calories are pretty high on them, too, from what I remember, with not as much in a serving as Talenti.

I tried this when I was house sitting a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post it. I don't know what the difference is between ice cream and a dairy dessert, but it I loved it. The fudge swirls were like biting into a piece of chocolate candy bar. I need to get this for home.

moose-tracks.jpg

Saw it this morning and it was cheap too but I figured I'd be the only one eating it because it has PB.. I was tempted by the strawberry cheesecake one too (and only 120 calories a serving). But I remembered not being crazy over the Turkey Hills coconut pie, so I ended up getting more Yuengling black&tan at $2.50 a container because we all love that one (still no popcorn flavor anywhere, I'm sad).

Been pretty bored with ice cream lately though, haven't found any new flavor that I really want to try. The Haagen Dazs dulce de leche is good though, but I can't see myself have more than a couple spoonfulls of that one at a time because of the high calories.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

moose-tracks.jpg

Saw it this morning and it was cheap too but I figured I'd be the only one eating it because it has PB.. I was tempted by the strawberry cheesecake one too (and only 120 calories a serving). But I remembered not being crazy over the Turkey Hills coconut pie, so I ended up getting more Yuengling black&tan at $2.50 a container because we all love that one (still no popcorn flavor anywhere, I'm sad).

Been pretty bored with ice cream lately though, haven't found any new flavor that I really want to try. The Haagen Dazs dulce de leche is good though, but I can't see myself have more than a couple spoonfulls of that one at a time because of the high calories.

I have a few ice creams at home, but work is where I usually eat it, and I only have Talenti Tiramisu left. I've been eating it one spoonful at a time to make it last. I have Edy's chocolate malt frozen custard at home, which was my "something new", and it's Zzzzzzz, so it's pretty much just taking up space. That black & tan is sooo good! I'm sorry you didn't like the coconut cream pie as much as we did. That one didn't last very long at our house.
  • Francl27
    Options

moose-tracks.jpg

I have a few ice creams at home, but work is where I usually eat it, and I only have Talenti Tiramisu left. I've been eating it one spoonful at a time to make it last. I have Edy's chocolate malt frozen custard at home, which was my "something new", and it's Zzzzzzz, so it's pretty much just taking up space. That black & tan is sooo good! I'm sorry you didn't like the coconut cream pie as much as we did. That one didn't last very long at our house.

I still have some, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I've seen Roundy's products in the diaries of friends in Illinois and Wisconsin, but never around here.

That's weird that a bargain store in PA would have them. If they still have them the next time I might grab the White Chocolate Raspberry gelato.

I tried the Milky Way Malted Ice Cream Pint & it was 140 calories for 65 grams & the malted taste was excellent, but overall it was a very boring ice cream.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

That's weird that a bargain store in PA would have them. If they still have them the next time I might grab the White Chocolate Raspberry gelato.

I tried the Milky Way Malted Ice Cream Pint & it was 140 calories for 65 grams & the malted taste was excellent, but overall it was a very boring ice cream.

Are they expiring soon? I missed that you got the Mint Cookie custard. Did you try it? I hope it's better than the Chocolate Malt.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

moose-tracks.jpg

I still have some, lol.

I'll send the kids over, they'll take care that. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Options
    I actually threw out the coconut cream pie ice cream today... It had freezer burn by now and it's just not worth the calories to me anymore.

Acme has BOGO free on Friendly's and Edy's so I had to make a hard decision, but I picked two I haven't had before (plus my doctor told me I need to eat more nuts... right?)

sundae-nut-footballjpg-21e09165b23d60f4.jpg

0002983900548_300X300.jpg

Probably old news to you all though, but I've never had them.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I like this better than their simply strawberry pints. I think it has more berry chunks in it. Plus, this brand was on sale at Sprouts for buy one get one free, so I stocked up and used two $1.00 coupons.
    coco-ice-minis-bar-simply-strawberry.png
    I love coconut, so this is my kinda thing. Lots of little shredded coconut bits.
    18_CoconutBliss_Products_Naked-Coconut-Bars_On.png
    This wasn't really salty, but I like caramel regardless... So it was tasty anyway.
    21_Salted-Caramel-in-Chocolate-Bars_On.png
    This tasted good, but the texture was nowhere close to real ice cream. I was also very gassy after eating one. I liked the peanuts, though.
    08425344460.jpg
    Neither of these had enough coconut flavor for me. The sandwich wafers were kinda dry, but I still liked the coconut almond bar.
    coco-ice-minis-bar-coconut-almond.png
    coco-ice-minis-sand-coconut.png
    I think this is my new favorite from So Delicious. Lots of chocolate bits, swirls of peanut butter, and a chocolate base. No coconut taste whatsoever. Peanut butter had a touch of salt to it. Yum.
    coco-ice-chocolate-pb.png

Ok, this I need to try! One of my friends was raving about So Delicious, but I've never tried any of the flavors. I can't remember if she mentioned one in particular, but chocolate peanut butter is my boyfriend.

Be sure to add chocolate PB2 for maximum deliciousness. ;)

I couldn't find that flavor at my store. I won't give up, I'll find it! I've added the chocolate PB2 to vanilla ice cream. I need to get some more of that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ben-Jerrys-Texas-Top-Pick-Bourbon-Pecan-Pie-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=450%2C529
    I have two coupons for a free NadaMoo! pint, but I'm buying this as soon as I find it. I can't resist a state exclusive.