Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    OK board question...dunno where else to ask it so I'm asking here. Forgive me for interrupting frozen deliciousness posted above.

So...I have a new fan PM'ing me - now blocked. Out of curiosity, I checked and sure enouh my spam/abuse posts have skyrocketed (what a coincidence). Am not worried about those...

But I also notice my "points" is at a -14...what the hell does that mean? I thought you got points when you did naughty things, and if you get too many points you get put in jail and/or banned. Do I get negative points for being superly-awesome or something? So does that mean I have 14 freebie points to smart off and not get in trouble? Cause there's a couple threads I'd like to use them on.

You may now recommence discussion of frozen deliciousness

The points on your profile are meaningless. They just go along with the flags. I'd probably alert the authorities (aka Olivia) that someone is bugging you though, so the mods can watch for them.

Dang...was hoping I had a couple get out of jail free cards!

It's no big deal...one guy sent a couple "you don't know what you're talking about" (though his grammar and sentence structure wasn't nearly that good) PMs and so I deleted and blocked him. I'm not gonna bother the mods for that.

Thanks for the info
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Was up in Orange visiting a friend. Went here http://www.alaminuteicecream.com. They make your nice cream in front of younwoyh liquid nitrogen. It's kinda cool. I got beet and goat cheese with a beet compote. It was surprisingly good. Sweet but not too sweet, kinda fruity.berry taste, very creamy and had a light tangy bite on the back end.

Here's my awful picture.

qi73h2mdz14d.jpg

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Ok I bit the bullet & ordered some Jenis pints online since I received a small bonus at work. I ordered Goat Cheese With Red Cherries, Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Brambleberry Crisp, & an Easter exclusive flavor Savannah Buttermint.

Wow! I've had Brambleberry, but those others sound amazing!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ok I bit the bullet & ordered some Jenis pints online since I received a small bonus at work. I ordered Goat Cheese With Red Cherries, Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Brambleberry Crisp, & an Easter exclusive flavor Savannah Buttermint.

Interested in your take on the brown butter almond brittle... They had that at Whole Foods.
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    Was up in Orange visiting a friend. Went here http://www.alaminuteicecream.com. They make your nice cream in front of younwoyh liquid nitrogen. It's kinda cool. I got beet and goat cheese with a beet compote. It was surprisingly good. Sweet but not too sweet, kinda fruity.berry taste, very creamy and had a light tangy bite on the back end.

Here's my awful picture.

qi73h2mdz14d.jpg

I love these interesting flavors! Beet and goat cheese sounds really good to me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    @Kruggeri I know you're not asking me but I've got the brown butter almond brittle in my freezer atm. I really liked that one, but I think it's a similar flavor and not quite as successful as the Haagen Dazs pralines and cream. Plus it's 30 more calories and $6 more expensive.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

I've had the goat cheese/red cherries one and kind of liked it. It was different. Definite cheese taste to the ice cream. I probably wouldn't buy it again though, because while it was good, it wasn't $10 a pint good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    http://www.maranathafoods.com/product/caramel-almond-spread

Bought this at Wal-Mart last night & wow was this was delicious!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Yum!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Stocked up on the way home from work

xfdfyq0iax02.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    New haul today:

ttaabis43pwi.jpg

I an a coconut fan; I found the new Talenti; and I figure the BLVD will either be caramel overload or something out of MrM's dreams. Reviews to follow as consumed.

Tried the BLVD today. The flavor of the Dulce de Leche ice cream was great! Unfortunately, the pint had clearly thawed a great deal and then refrozen. It was only freezer-burned in one small spot, but it seems that the ribbon of caramel I was promised might have settled more towards the bottom -- I didn't have a ribbon in my serving from the top :/ This could be very interesting getting to the bottom of the pint! Surprised the flavor held up so well despite the apparent mishandling.

fznsr543h2yx.jpg

• juggernaut1974
    Options
    I went with the banana rum jam. It was good but I was underwhelmed. No banana flavor...it was basically a vanilla bean with a slight hint of citrus flavor.

I mean I finished the bowl off without too much trouble...and I won't have any issues finishing off the pint over the next few days...just wasn't what I was expecting
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Must find.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tried the Jenis Savannah Buttermint exclusive Easter Flavor & it's full of yum.

https://jenis.com/flavors/ice-creams/savannah-buttermint/
  • Cortelli
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Our Easter is deferred until next weekend (in-laws traveling this week). Tried McConnell's Toasted Coconut Almond Chip ice cream tonight. Fantastic! Great sweet cream base; both toasted and shredded coconut mixed in (so coconut taste with different textures); almond chips and dark chocolate bits too. This was my best surprise in some time. If you're in California or have access to McConnell's and like coconut - this is a dare-not-miss ice cream!

f4w3n11pk304.jpg

EDIT: (forgot to mention you'll pay a price for this treasure with both coconut and almonds mixed in -- 310 cals in a 106g serving :# )
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay, I think I'm going to have to find Jenis when I'm in Columbus next month. I can't order it right now as I've been banned from buying more ice cream/gelato until my supply has come down, so in four weeks I should be good to.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    @Cortelli your counter top looks like mine. For a second I thought that was my picture and I was confused.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    @Cortelli your counter top looks like mine. For a second I thought that was my picture and I was confused.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options