Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Everything But The . . .

86d619bf-f66b-4440-8519-12c9e174616f_zpseoci8tuw.jpg

Okay I'm honestly disappointed in this one. I had high hopes for it but it just didn't measure up. B&J has two chocolate bases, and this is the one I don't like much. I think it's supposed to be dark chocolate or something but it just isn't sweet enough for me. The mix-ins were good but I didn't get any white chocolate or toffee pieces in this serving so hopefully I'll get some of those further down.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Here's what I decided on. These are not very calorie friendly. Goingd5p6tfrj6emz.jpg
    to take a month to eat them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I really want to try the frozen custard, but probably just the vanilla one. But I need to make room in the freezer first :(
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    OMG guys... Ice Cream Burrito
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Ben-Jerry-Ice-Cream-Burrito-300342231.html

Need. I wish I had a Ben & Jerry's near by :(

1174804810.jpg

Good thing University of Dayton lets out for the summer in a few weeks so it'll be easier to go there!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Here's what I decided on. These are not very calorie friendly. Goingd5p6tfrj6emz.jpg

I'm excited to hear about the Edy's frozen custard. They just started stocking it at Walmart. It's such a big container I don't want to buy it unless it's good though.
  • malibu927
    Options

I'm excited to hear about the Edy's frozen custard. They just started stocking it at Walmart. It's such a big container I don't want to buy it unless it's good though.

I got the chocolate malt one at Target last month and wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll give it another shot tonight and add some chocolate syrup.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I got the chocolate malt one at Target last month and wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll give it another shot tonight and add some chocolate syrup.

Yeah I saw that and was sad. :( But I was hoping one of the other flavors would get good reviews. Luckily I have a pretty damn good homemade chocolate malt ice cream recipe.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

The Snickerdoodle was alright, but it was hard as a rock scooping it out of the container. I also thought for the high calories it wasn't that tasty compared to Talenti or Ben & Jerry's.
  • malibu927
    Options

The Snickerdoodle was alright, but it was hard as a rock scooping it out of the container. I also thought for the high calories it wasn't that tasty compared to Talenti or Ben & Jerry's.

I only saw two flavors, malt and vanilla, and they haven't reached Kroger or Meijer yet. But another try yesterday with some Hershey syrup made it a bit better. Still not worth buying again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I guess I'll be skipping it then. I really prefer a soft base and that's what custard implies to me so I'd probably be disappointed.
  • malibu927
    Options
    And apparently I was wrong. Meijer did add them when they reset the ice cream a couple weeks ago. But they couldn't get any new Talenti...
  • Francl27
    Options
    Food truck festival. I had a piece of pizza too.. and a smalk strawberry shortcake that I can't find the pic of... Belgian waffle with caramel and whipped cream and loaded tots.
    jhk95xiiw2us.jpg
    e739eo12t9ds.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Both the snickerdoodle custard and the ginger molasses cookie were good. The custard had a tastier base flavor whereas the ginger cookie was the star in the Hagen daz.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel like we have such limited options here in Utah ... never heard of some of these brands that you all are talking about :frowning: But, hey, I've found Talenti a lot more easily in the last 6 months, so maybe some of the others will start showing up.

I've decided I really love the Talenti sea salt caramel. For me, it's just the perfect mix of caramel and salt, and the chocolate caramel mix ins are an added bonus.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Last night tried the Haagen Daz ginger molasses cookie, loved the flavor. I'll buy this one again.

Thinking this week I need to make the Bourbon Nutter Butter Ice cream as long as work isn't too crazy, hiding the nutter butters from Mr. C already so I can
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Food truck festival. I had a piece of pizza too.. and a smalk strawberry shortcake that I can't find the pic of... Belgian waffle with caramel and whipped cream and loaded tots.
    jhk95xiiw2us.jpg
    e739eo12t9ds.jpg

Looks good! Was this the food truck festival at Monmouth park?
  • Francl27
    Options
    No in NJ.

I actually thought of you all. They have a truck that sells banana soft serve... made of... guess what... bananas. We were sitting with people eating it and one of them was eating it and making faces and she said 'well, this really just tastes like bananas'. I laughed.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    No in NJ.

I actually thought of you all. They have a truck that sells banana soft serve... made of... guess what... bananas. We were sitting with people eating it and one of them was eating it and making faces and she said 'well, this really just tastes like bananas'. I laughed.

Oh ok, I'm hoping to go to the Laurita Winery one coming up mid May.

LOL I always laugh when people are surprised that mashed bananas actually taste like bananas... who would have thought that
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    No in NJ.

Ha!
    You should have picked some up as a joke. It looks like you picked up a lot of good stuff.

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Random, but made a batch of Cake Batter ice-cream. Hub doesn't really care for it, he's more of a chocolate...and I can't eat it all myself. Will ask the neighbor's if they want it....