Leslie Sansone August 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I made my goal of 200 lbs for my daughters wedding! this morning I weighed in at 198.8/ Will log it Friday so I know its not a fluke but I stepped on the scale 3 times and it said the same! So excited!!!!!

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!

I am so proud of you bandit, and happy for you! You are in One-derland now!!! you made your weight loss goal and looking to take away some bonus pounds as well by the time the wedding day comes :drinker:

You go girl :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Goal 45

Miles walked so far - 46!

Goal reached!

But ain't quiten' just yet. Too inspired by you all. :flowerforyou:

Hey there Ann! You made goal a while back :drinker: and addin' in some bonus miles now. That's the way to do it!!

Well done :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wow, I've been making my goal 5 out of 7 days walking!

The past two days have been terrible for me, my cycle has created this ridiculous lower back pain. I tried to force myself to walk, but decided it just wasn't worth it and was gentle with myself instead. I've been eating lots of sugar, too, just weird for me. BUT the good news is tonight I feel like myself again! What a relief! Did a different walk (from the Walk Social site) and so there you go! I'm back in business! :)

Thanks zichab (I think your name is Brenda...) :)
    Michelle, You are doing fantastic keeping up with your goal of walking 5/7 days. That is an awesome and noteworthy goal to make! You are making wonderful healthy habits :heart: .

I am glad that you are feeling better and that you are most certainly "back in business" :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    miles: 154/180
    cal: -4000

Made it to 150 so I'm updating my goal to 180.

Yay for you Alex for making the next one of your additional updated goals :drinker: and pressing on toward still another new one :flowerforyou: . There is no stopping you!!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    I seem to do best when I cue up what I'm going to do ahead of time, so tonight, I've got a 3 mile walk ready and waiting for tomorrow morning. I see that I default to my favorite for the evenings, because it seems to go so fast, which is just fine. I went through the DVDs I have and got more acquainted with what I'm able to do (not doing 1 miles nor 4 miles, but sticking to the easier 2 and 3 miles for now).

Good job everyone! Finish August strong!

Michelle, planning ahead for your next workout is an awesome idea! I sometimes put the next DVD I want to do on top of the DVD player. Knowing ahead of time does make it easier and faster to start walking instead of using up time making decisions :tongue: .

I also have a favorite one for now that I automatically put in when my resolve to walk just might waver a bit even if I have preplanned a different walk. For some reason the 5K With a Twist seems to go by fast for me. And I can go music only setting for background pacing while listening to a library book during the walk for added distraction :laugh: .

:flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total
    8/6-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-11.03 miles=20.45 total
    8/8-Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk (no back pack)=1.97 miles=22.42 total
    8/9-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Cross Country =3.19 miles=25.61 total
    8/12-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=30.61 total
    8/13-WAP-3 Fast Miles=3 miles=33.61 total
    8/16-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4miles=37.61 total
    8/18-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-3.41 miles=41.02 total
    8/19 Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk-1.97=42.99 total
    8/21-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile=43.99
    8/22-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=48.99
    8/23-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Cross Country-4.18 miles=52.37 total
    8/24-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Last of the season sad 2.36 miles=54.73 total
    8/26-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 miles=56.73 total
    8/27-WAP-3 Fast Miles=59.73
    So Close! :laugh:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Oh yeah...oh yeah...I made my goal for the month this morning and I feel good. I did 5.5 miles and this was after I thought about not walking today. I painted a ceiling yesterday and was so sore I thought I would not walk since I will painting walls today. Then I told myself that I did not have to power walk but to just walk and see what happens. I am no longer stiff and I broke another personal record. I am so grateful for this site and for THIS group. You walkers are amazing, motivational and inspiring! Keep on walking strong, proud and with the biggest smile on your faces!!! :happy:

140/140
    Congratulations PinkyPan1 on meeting your goal :drinker: . I'm so glad that you rethought not walking today and decided on adjusting your walk b/c you were sore from painting.... and then ended up having a great walk and no longer stiff! As Leslie says in one of the DVDs something to the effect that walking is medicine for the body. So true! Well done!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total
    8/6-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-11.03 miles=20.45 total
    8/8-Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk (no back pack)=1.97 miles=22.42 total
    8/9-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Cross Country =3.19 miles=25.61 total
    8/12-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=30.61 total
    8/13-WAP-3 Fast Miles=3 miles=33.61 total
    8/16-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4miles=37.61 total
    8/18-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-3.41 miles=41.02 total
    8/19 Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk-1.97=42.99 total
    8/21-Exercise TV-WAH-1 mile=43.99
    8/22-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-5 miles=48.99
    8/23-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Cross Country-4.18 miles=52.37 total
    8/24-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-Last of the season sad 2.36 miles=54.73 total
    8/26-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 miles=56.73 total
    8/27-WAP-3 Fast Miles=59.73
    So Close! :laugh:

Indeed you are soooooo close :noway: Brenda. Just barely a tad bit over a quarter mile :glasses: I love seeing your mountain hike mileage being added into your total. Those are powerful miles for sure!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so wonderful!!!! Congrats everyone!

9 advanced miles with Leslie

226 miles with Leslie to date

9 miles outside

101 miles outside to date

327 miles total to date

goal 150 miles ~~~MADE MY FIRST GOAL!!!!!!

personal goal 250 miles ~~~~ Made my second goal!!!!

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!

I am down to 197 lbs today! it amazes me every time I get on the scale and see the 1 looking back at me. the wedding is coming up and I am looking forward to it!
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    LouAnn, I love that you see the "1" on your scale!!!

texasgardnr!! What!? I'm stunned that you can walk and listen, too! WOW! I think I'd trip and fall over! Impressive, truly.

AUGUST GOAL: Walk 5 out of 7 days (Monday starts a new week)

TODAY is Wednesday: 5 miles PM (a new thing for me, I've never done five before!) and didn't have a chance to walk this AM
    It looks like Tuesday didn't get logged(?): 3 miles AM and 2 miles PM

Total Miles Aug Inside: 61
    Total Miles Aug Outside: 4

I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I found a new favorite DVD and I am just over the moon that I did all FIVE miles! WOW! The Leslie 5 Day Slim Down DVD is great for me. I thought I was going to die of boredom during the first mile, but I felt I owed it to myself to do the second mile and then it got better and better and I did the whole DVD! Just cannot even wait to get up and do THAT again tomorrow morning! I feel fantastic and I'm turning into those "crazies" who say how much they love Leslie and they are addicted...I used to think that was nuts, but I have to say, I am just loving this. There's simply no "dread" or "duty" that I "must exercise"...I can't wait to do it! Ah, this is life-changing! I think I'm experiencing a genuine breakthrough in my weight loss journey. I do my friend's nails every two weeks and I can't wait to tell her on Monday how many miles I've walked!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 45

Miles walked so far - 57

Hoping to get Leslie's latest dvd today or tomorrow. There's a good review of it by Rainbow on this board, different thread. :smile:
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think need to change from miles walked to minutes walked, that will be much easier for me to keep up with...I love to walk with/on my Wii and have no idea the actual miles I walk, so instead of "guess-ta-mating" I'm changing to minutes....

So since almost half the month is already over, (I have been walking) I'm gong to change to : 500 minutes for the rest of the month

Start: 500 minutes
    Walked: 180 minutes
    Balance: 320 minutes

Balance: 320 minutes
    Walked: 90 minutes (30 minutes 3x)
    New balance: 230

Balance: 230 min
    Walked: 90 minutes ( 30 minutes 3x)
    New Balance: 140
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That's awesome....great motivation :flowerforyou:

**This is for MichelleMinus**
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday:

0 DVD miles:

100 outdoor minutes.

Goal for August: To continue walking outdoors minutes & add in some Leslie miles as able

So far: 13 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 1200 outdoor minutes

@ 2jayjaysmom, you are in the home stretch now :happy: . You can do this!!!

@ Ann, you are adding up those bonus miles :tongue: . Awesome!!

@ Michelle, the 5 Day Slim Down DVD is a wonderful DVD!!! Sometimes I mix up the order they are in or do only a few of the walks, Enjoy and have fun with it!! Welcome to the We Are Addicted to Leslie's Walks Club :noway: Yep, it is happening to you now :laugh: . I even enjoyed watching the 'Breakfast' segment one day while tidying up the room I worked out in.

@ bandit, you are truly in Onederland for keeps now!! You will be rocking the stunning dress that you will wear to the wedding :heart: . I am so excited for you!! You are doing it girl :drinker: !!

Enjoy your Thursday and walk strong :flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 174/180
    cal: -4600
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Yesterday walked 4.42 miles

Today walked 2.15 miles

Total to date 149.6

Oh no!! Just 0.4 of a mile short of my 150 mile target. Guess I will do that tomorrow.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...I forgot to log my miles today. I did 6 miles this morning.

146/140
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Michelle, so glad you found the workout you like, I am like that with the 5 advanced miles, love it!

Everyone is doing so wonderful!!!! Congrats everyone!

9 advanced miles with Leslie

235 miles with Leslie to date

1 miles outside

102 miles outside to date

337 miles total to date

goal 150 miles ~~~MADE MY FIRST GOAL!!!!!!

personal goal 250 miles ~~~~ Made my second goal!!!!

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!

AUGUST GOAL: Walk 5 out of 7 days (Monday starts a new week)

TODAY is Thursday: 5 miles AM and 2 miles PM

Total Miles Aug Inside: 68
    Total Miles Aug Outside: 4

Walk Strong everyone! Only a few days left to reach those goals-you can do it!
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    miles: 179/180
    cal: -4400