THE BINGE: 8*
  • formerlyfit2
    Options
    Day 4

Me: 4
    Binge: 0
  • lilybriscoe
    Options
    Okay, I'm starting this late. I've been going through some difficult things and I have been overeating and bingeing a lot.

Day 1

Me: 1
    The Binge: 1
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Posted: 9.20.14

Dennis - 19
    Binge - 0

While I haven't had an actual bulimic binge in over 1 month, I still find myself eating carbs at night. Some nights are worst than others. This is really dragging me down. I beat restricting / purging / binging / obsessive exercise... but I cant seem to overcome unconscious / middle of the night overeating. I have the will-power to abstain from any food put before me during the day, but when I wake up, I am utterly powerless.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    Binge: 8
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Posted: 9.20.14

Dennis - 19
    Binge - 0

While I haven't had an actual bulimic binge in over 1 month, I still find myself eating carbs at night. Some nights are worst than others. This is really dragging me down. I beat restricting / purging / binging / obsessive exercise... but I cant seem to overcome unconscious / middle of the night overeating. I have the will-power to abstain from any food put before me during the day, but when I wake up, I am utterly powerless.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with this. I just did a quick search online and it seems most likely that either you just aren't quite getting enough food during the day and/or your circadian rhythms (sleep and wake patterns and hormones) are disrupted. Check this page out: http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/circadian-rhythm-sleep-tips/ especially #10 which is basically get bright light first thing in the morning (either sun or a specialized therapy light) and get lots of dark at night before bed - dark room, no computer or phone.
  • BoubouChan
    BoubouChan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Me: 18
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 12
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Posted: 9.21.14

Dennis - 20
    Binge - 0
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with this. I just did a quick search online and it seems most likely that either you just aren't quite getting enough food during the day and/or your circadian rhythms (sleep and wake patterns and hormones) are disrupted. Check this page out: http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/circadian-rhythm-sleep-tips/ especially #10 which is basically get bright light first thing in the morning (either sun or a specialized therapy light) and get lots of dark at night before bed - dark room, no computer or phone.

I will check that out, thank you. I do sleep with a TV on and I check my iphone several times a night.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Me: 13
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Posted: 9.21.14

Dennis - 20
    Binge - 0

I will check that out, thank you. I do sleep with a TV on and I check my iphone several times a night.

I hope it helps, I know it is an adjustment when your body is used to falling asleep to the TV. I'm working on getting my light and darkness lined up as well.

As far as binging, continue to be doing well, no bingeing this month so I think it is now me 21, binge 0, and 34 days w/o a binge.
  • BoubouChan
    BoubouChan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Me: 19
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Posted: 9.22.14

Dennis - 21
    Binge - 0
  • formerlyfit2