Day 1

Options
124»

Replies

• 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 55 years old and started MFP on the Tuesday after the Easter weekend. So far I have lost 30 lbs. My goal is to lose another
    15 by Christmas. I am really happy with the results so far. I am wearing skirts (one thing I never gave away) from 5 years ago.
    My daughter says she can't believe how much my stomach(my problem area) has gone down. I found a Curves's printout in my
    car from 2011 since then I have lost 6 inches off my waist!
  • blairwithredhair
    blairwithredhair Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found this while reading the message boards this morning! I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 2012. My "levels' have been normal since I got on Cytomel in January, but I gained 13 lbs between my wedding in October 2013 and December 2013 - no change in my weight so far this year. Only two things have ever helped me lose weight: eating cardboard on that plan called Nutrisystem and going Paleo.

This summer I dedicated myself to calorie counting and in 1 month lost 2 inches off my waist before stalling out. The scale didn't change.

I want to get down 15 lbs by Christmas - back to the 150s. I am at an all time high weight right now (hover between 173 & 176) and need to get out of the "obese" BMI (I am 5'2"). So I aim to consume only 30% of my food from carbohydrates/processed foods, and limit my carb intake to 100 g per day.

That's my plan for now, anyways.

Hooray! Excited!

7756471.png
  • sueb711
    sueb711 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Meet my day 1 of 100 goal - and did some walking. :)
  • sueb711
    sueb711 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found this while reading the message boards this morning! I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in 2012. My "levels' have been normal since I got on Cytomel in January, but I gained 13 lbs between my wedding in October 2013 and December 2013 - no change in my weight so far this year. Only two things have ever helped me lose weight: eating cardboard on that plan called Nutrisystem and going Paleo.

This summer I dedicated myself to calorie counting and in 1 month lost 2 inches off my waist before stalling out. The scale didn't change.

I want to get down 15 lbs by Christmas - back to the 150s. I am at an all time high weight right now (hover between 173 & 176) and need to get out of the "obese" BMI (I am 5'2"). So I aim to consume only 30% of my food from carbohydrates/processed foods, and limit my carb intake to 100 g per day.

That's my plan for now, anyways.

Hooray! Excited!

7756471.png

I too have hypothyroidism - my endocrinologist said no gluten. Pain has reduced in all my joints and the full body chills have reduced a little...weight comes off very, very slowly. But it is coming off. Finding it difficult to go gluten free - so not at 100% - but still feel better. I too am at an all time high - and have started MFP many times before being diagnosed. This time I know that I am not crazy and work harder at hit. I did the Ideal Protein to lose weight (expensive) - it worked, but wasn't realistic and gained 30 lbs after it - hence the Dr's appointment and the diagnosis. It will happen - didn't see weight loss until around day 20-25...now averaging 1 pound a week...lots of work (exercise) and preparing foods...but so worth it so far.
  • kimchiguz
    kimchiguz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Helen you will do great!