BREAKFAST

2 oz protein

1/2 cup veggies (or more) or V8/TJ

1 tsp fat or equivalent (see list!)

Snack with protein and preferably veggies

LUNCH

3 oz protein

2 cups veggies or more

1 tablespoon fat or equivalent (like 2 tablespoons of salad dressing or 1/3 of an avocado - see list!)

Snack with protein and preferably, veggies

DINNER

3 oz protein

2 cups veggies or more

1 tablespoon fat or equivalent

Dessert - optional (like a ricotta creme)

ANY TIME - WITH OR SEPARATE FROM MEALS

- Dairy (2 servings of skim or 1% milk or plain, nonfat yogurt. Cheese is not a dairy.)

- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of beans. Beans are considered a vegetable, but a limited one. They count toward your 4.5 cups of daily vegetables.

- 1 serving nuts/or nut butter (optional but recommended for Phase 1)

- 75-100 calories worth of artificially sweetened "sweet treats" (optional)

There is a different Adapt Your Plan chart, and a food list to ADD to the Phase 1 list when you move to Phase 2!

Phase 2:

BREAKFAST

2 oz protein

1/2 cup veggies (or more) or V8/TJ

1 tsp fat (optional) or equivalent

LUNCH

3 oz protein

2 cups veggies or more

1 tablespoon fat or equivalent-

DINNER

3 oz protein

2 cups veggies or more

1 tablespoon fat or equivalent

ANY TIME - WITH OR SEPARATE FROM MEALS

Dairy (2-3 servings)

Starch/Grain (gradually increase to 2 or 3)

Fruit (gradually increase to 3)

1/3 to 1/2 cup beans daily (counts toward total 4.5 cups veggies)

1 serving nuts/nut butter (optional)

75-100 calories worth of sweet treats (optional)

And beans are considered a limited vegetable - 1/3 to 1/2 cup serving a day. They count toward vegetables. But if you eat a vegetarian meal or are a vegetarian they can count as a protein.

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Thanks, I printed it for my bulletin board ..... keep forgetting about the beans :tongue:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Thanks, I printed it for my bulletin board ..... keep forgetting about the beans :tongue:
    Beans are awesome!

Yesterday I forgot my lunch, so I went to the mexican fast food joint on campus and asked for "a side of beans, a side of chicken, a side of pico de gallo, and some cheese. YUM.
  • Tanklan
    Tanklan Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks! This is a great guide!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Thank you...structure helps me :)
  • tammiann61
    tammiann61 Posts: 27 Member
    Do everyone still list what you eat on MFP, how do you set your calories and intake of carbs, protein and fat. I know SBD doesn't could calories. I am not sure what to set my percentages at. I have lost 10# so far but I don't think I am eating enough. I am only having 3 meals a day. I struggle with night time eating so I try to keep it in check.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    tammiann61 wrote: »
    Do everyone still list what you eat on MFP, how do you set your calories and intake of carbs, protein and fat. I know SBD doesn't could calories. I am not sure what to set my percentages at. I have lost 10# so far but I don't think I am eating enough. I am only having 3 meals a day. I struggle with night time eating so I try to keep it in check.

I'd start by letting MFP manage your macros, but have it SHOW your fiber.
    Then watch your sugars as the book suggests.
    Congrats on the 10# ! are you eating snacks, at least mid day? You do have to eat enough.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    this is Awesome! I'm back on phase 1 after losing a ton in 2004 and keeping it off. Pregnancy is a B!%CH to your body.
  • pparent99
    pparent99 Posts: 3 Member
    planning to start phase 1 tomorrow, i seem to be good at quitting although have been logging for over 150 days now - determined that 2017 will be the year that I finally get it together and stick to it - thanks for listening :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    pparent99 wrote: »
    planning to start phase 1 tomorrow, i seem to be good at quitting although have been logging for over 150 days now - determined that 2017 will be the year that I finally get it together and stick to it - thanks for listening :)

Best of luck. Hope we can be of assistance!
  • pparent99
    pparent99 Posts: 3 Member

Best of luck. Hope we can be of assistance!

I am working on it and thanks Sabine!!!
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Pparent, welcome to the group. It has proved very supportive to me. Posting meal plans has kept me honest. Just keep in mind that you don't have to be perfect.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,759 Member
    Starting p1 today ...needed to see this overview...once again. Thanks, Sabine!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Just sent this to my husband and daughter.
  • daalfero
    daalfero Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there,

Quick question- we are finding it hard to do 1 cup of veggies for breakfast. Which V8 juice would you recommend? I know we can't have carrots in Phase 1-- isn't that a main ingredient in V8?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    daalfero wrote: »
    Hi there,

Quick question- we are finding it hard to do 1 cup of veggies for breakfast. Which V8 juice would you recommend? I know we can't have carrots in Phase 1-- isn't that a main ingredient in V8?

I get regular V8 juice. It does have some carrots, but is more tomato and celery I think!

For vegetables with breakfast. Try not to think of breakfast as breakfast foods. I eat beans, spinach, anything for breakfast. A vegetable frittata.... sure, but really anything is breakfast. Today I had soup!
  • EBfan10
    EBfan10 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone. Started Saturday based on the original book. It looks like nonfat dairy is a new add? Looking forward to be successful and supportive here. I recently quit smoking and started exercising again. I want to lose around 20-24lbs and going back to logging on here to feed myself accountable. I lost a lot of weight with Dukan once, but I am older and I don't think it is a right fit any longer. I am looking for a better "weigh". ;)
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Welcome! I find I do better when I check in here regularly and log my menus. I hope you find this supportive as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Welcome EBfan10!
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Thank you for this. It will be very helpful.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Just printed this out, thanks! I've never eaten veggies for breakfast (I'm transitioning off of 16:8IF so eating anything in the morning is still weird for me lol), so that's one I'll have to work on.