Introductions, YO!

Options
2»

Replies

• margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Im Ann, im married to an alcoholic. I used to drink alot but i got tired of hangovers and then all the extra weight that came with eating and drinking too much. My husband has been progressively drinking more for the last 5 years . His father died from it at 64 he best friend at 53 and i lost someone very special at 55 also. I watched him die for 6 months it was horrible such a waste. I dont want that to happen to my husband hes almost 58. Im at the breaking point. Im glad to know there are people who can beat the addiction.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all of you. I don't have addiction. But, I deal with it very heavily in my family (drugs and alcohol). And it's something I feel I need to be cautious about. So, I am probably just here to learn. Also I never know what I can and can't do to help. Or what is support and what is enabling. Sometimes it just helps to see people that are winning the battle. Thanks everyone!

I just want to add to this that I meant my family of origin. And a family member in particular that I love very much! My husband is a non-drinker, and he grew up with a father that was in recovery.
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am Zee. A recovering alcoholic. Self established that I have a drinking problem. I am South African. wear my 31 years belt proudly. I am married to a emotional manipulator who cheats on me. I have 2 kids who keep me going. They are amazing. I have a few pounds to lose but my goal is a toned body.
  • nwingr
    nwingr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am Nate, On day 17 here. It has been feeling good to be away from the beer and wine!
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cat. Long-time heavy drinker. Keep saying today will be the day I quit, and then I don't. Obviously adds to my weight gain and think alcohol consumpsion is a very relevant topic for MyFitnessPal. This is my third day on MFP and I've been astounded at the calories contained in a meal I thought was healthy (salad with meat, no dressing, no croutons). I'm a raw newbie to social media and am glad you are all here.
  • CS_Baltimore
    CS_Baltimore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey All -

I'm Chris, and I'm in Recovery.

Looking to create an online sober network to help me stay accountable everywhere, including the interwebs!

I personally am not a 12-Stepper, but whatever keeps you clean is cool with me!

Add me or send me a note if you'd like to help me out!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    I'm Amanda. Been trying to quit drinking on and off for at least a year, if not longer. It started becoming a problem when I started having serious chronic health problems, which I'm sure the alcohol didn't help =p And of course, when I drink, I eat anything and everything. I know I need to quit, but I work 60-70 hours a week in the medical field and can't commit to a local AA group or anything because of my schedule.

Always looking for friends, especially who don't drink. I promise I'm pretty nice!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey, I'm Patty....I have been working towards recovery for years. I always feel just one drink away from *kitten* up everything.
    I have been drinking heavily since I was 14, and older men love drunk teenagers so I always had someone to buy for me. I'm now 30.
    Working through it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, I dunno), people don't seem to have been around here much.