January 2015 Due Dates

Options
xelor23
xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
Hi Mamas!

Who else is due in January 2015? My due date is Jan 25th and I am having a boy! How do you all feel so far? How's the weight gain going?

Replies

• oreoelle
    oreoelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Due January 9th, I've gained about 10 lbs so far. Overall feeling great, I have my tired days, but who doesn't lol. We are waiting until the big day to find out what we're having.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations! Is this your first?

I'm due January 18th with my first, having a girl! I've had a few issues here and there but overall have felt good my entire pregnancy so far. How about you? I've gained 15 lbs so far. I lost 17 of 25 that I wanted to lose right before I got preg so I'm still 2 lbs behind my heaviest weight. That feels good - I'm glad it's not 15 on top of the extra 17, you know?

I'm actually laughing right now because I just had my first stranger ask if I am expecting. :laugh: I told him he was the first stranger to say anything to me and that he was brave! LOL
  • xelor23
    Options
    I have felt pretty good so far! This is my first and we are so excited! I have gained about 6lbs so far, but that's good since the Dr. said I should only gain 15lbs. I had a low placenta for the first 18 weeks, which caused some bleeding and put me on "limited activity" but it has moved up enough to be considered normal since 19 weeks! It sucked to not be able to do almost anything for the first several months, but things are good now. I am in an aquatic prenatel class and the weightless in the pool feeling is amazing. I have noticed, just the past 3 weeks or so, that my belly is showing enough now that strangers are noticing. I did have someone ask me when I was due when I was only 5 weeks! The bloat was bad. :-P

Do you plan on working or being a SAHM when your baby girl gets here?
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I have felt pretty good so far! This is my first and we are so excited! I have gained about 6lbs so far, but that's good since the Dr. said I should only gain 15lbs. I had a low placenta for the first 18 weeks, which caused some bleeding and put me on "limited activity" but it has moved up enough to be considered normal since 19 weeks! It sucked to not be able to do almost anything for the first several months, but things are good now. I am in an aquatic prenatel class and the weightless in the pool feeling is amazing. I have noticed, just the past 3 weeks or so, that my belly is showing enough now that strangers are noticing. I did have someone ask me when I was due when I was only 5 weeks! The bloat was bad. :-P

Do you plan on working or being a SAHM when your baby girl gets here?

I read a little about low placenta. I bet the bleeding had you nervous. I actually have a shorter cervix than I should so I am on light duty now. No real major restrictions (other than no sex! :grumble: ) but I just have to play it safe and not overdo it. I have to have it checked every 2 weeks be cause the concern is preterm labor. I have a feeling it will be ok though.

Aquatic class would be awesome! I live in a small town so there's not much around to do. I've been doing prenatal yoga at home but that's about it.

I am actually fortunate enough to be able to stay home. :smile: I have always wanted to be a mom and be able to stay home with my babies. I'm so thankful for my husband being able to provide that. Will you go back to work or stay at home?
  • xelor23
    Options
    I have decided to stay at home too! It was a major decision for us, but I feel relieved to have come to it and am so happy that my husband can provide an income so I can stay home with our babies! What part of the country do you live in? I live in Colorado so the idea of a January birth is kinda scary! Luckly I live only about 10 minutes from the hospital. Yeah the whole "pelvic rest" thing is no fun! I hope everything will resolve itself for you and you have a full term healthy pregnancy!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I have decided to stay at home too! It was a major decision for us, but I feel relieved to have come to it and am so happy that my husband can provide an income so I can stay home with our babies! What part of the country do you live in? I live in Colorado so the idea of a January birth is kinda scary! Luckly I live only about 10 minutes from the hospital. Yeah the whole "pelvic rest" thing is no fun! I hope everything will resolve itself for you and you have a full term healthy pregnancy!

That's great! We are in Central/Northern Ohio and can get some crazy winters. We're an hour from my doctor and the hospital where I'll deliver. Being in a small town, I couldn't find a doctor I liked out here so I went back to by previous doc in the city. I trust my husband will get me there no matter the conditions when the time comes. :bigsmile:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm due Jan 29th! We're having a boy! Our daughter will almost be 4 when he's born, which will be nice. I delivered my daughter prematurely, and although I'm not on bedrest yet, dr wants me to take it easy. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I've probably gained 11-12lbs thus far. I gained 35lbs with my daughter so I fully expect to gain that much again. I've decided to get a tubal in the hospital before I leave, so this is my last hoorah!

Congrats ladies! Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm due January 18th with my 2nd girl!

I *was* up about 5 1/2 lbs but the past 2 days the scale has just blown up. I don't know if it's from sodium, water retention or exercise or what, but man I hate seeing those numbers after losing so much weight!

I'm also high risk. I have a low placenta protein, so they'll be monitoring me pretty closely starting with my next appointment at the beginning of October. Lots of ultrasounds, biophysical profiles, NSTs, etc. Good thing I've been through the high risk loop before with my 6 year old daughter (She had a single umbilical artery).
  • Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm due Jan 26th with a girl, and it's my first. I'm only supposed to gain about 15-20 per doctors instructions, and I'm 21 weeks and up about 7-8. I had lost a bunch last year, gained back some of it before getting pregnant (honeymoon eek!). Anyways, feel free to add me!
  • roxyj0mar
    roxyj0mar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm due January 21st but will probably deliver in late December. I'm having twins, a boy and a girl. I have a 10 month old baby girl. She was due December 2013, but came 6 weeks early. I only gained about 15 pounds with her and she weighed 4 pounds. I have been trying to gain this time as it is recommended to gain 24 pounds by 24 weeks for twins. I have already gained about 25 pounds this time. At my 20 week anatomy scan they were both measuring over a week ahead.
  • papagal212
    Options
    Wow you ladies are doing great with weight gain. I'm.embarrassed to post mine haha. JANUARY 5TH over here! 24wks and gained 20lbs. Funny thing is that I gained exactly 20lbs with my son at 24 weeks and ended up with a 34lbs gain, I sure hope I follow that pattern but unfortunately I feel like I will gain closer to 40 because I have been gaining ridiculously fast. Just started getting bad heart burn last Few days which has made me cut back on eating at night. So maybe there is hope for me lol
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Finally, a thread for our month! I'm due January 27th with my first. We decided at the last minute at our 20 week ultrasound last week not to find out the sex. Weight gain is perfectly on track and up until today I have been feeling fantastic - I have even kept up my running and weight lifting programs. Running is just starting to get uncomfortable, unfortunately. Is anyone else maintaining high levels of activity at this stage?

I'm looking forward to taking time off at the end of the year/beginning of next for baby's arrival. I will have 6 months off work and then start a new job next July, when my husband will become a SAHD.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 23 weeks and still running. I purchased the gabrialla band and it's made a big difference. I can run 5km in about 30 minutes, which is pretty good. I'm going to run until it's not comfortable anymore or until the snow starts to fall.

Luckily, I get 12 months of maternity leave since I'm in Canada. I don't know if I want to stay home yet. I will make that decision probably this time next year so I can give my boss a heads up. I'm thinking I will go back to work part-time. I'm hoping my boss will be ok with that. He's very supportive of my situation. Or, I can always cut back on hours. Maybe work 30 hours instead of 37.5. Anyhow, I have options.

I'm due January 16th, but I hope the baby gets here at the beginning of January.

Anyone else live in a really cold climate? I'm in Northern Ontario and we get extremely harsh winters. I still plan on walking outside with the baby even if the daytime high is -15C. Am I crazy? I have a really nice Chariot stroller with the full cover and the infant sling. The baby would be shielded from the elements and I would obviously use blankets, snowsuit, etc.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Wow you ladies are doing great with weight gain. I'm.embarrassed to post mine haha. JANUARY 5TH over here! 24wks and gained 20lbs. Funny thing is that I gained exactly 20lbs with my son at 24 weeks and ended up with a 34lbs gain, I sure hope I follow that pattern but unfortunately I feel like I will gain closer to 40 because I have been gaining ridiculously fast. Just started getting bad heart burn last Few days which has made me cut back on eating at night. So maybe there is hope for me lol

Sounds like we're on the same track weight gain wise. :flowerforyou:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Anyone else live in a really cold climate? I'm in Northern Ontario and we get extremely harsh winters. I still plan on walking outside with the baby even if the daytime high is -15C. Am I crazy? I have a really nice Chariot stroller with the full cover and the infant sling. The baby would be shielded from the elements and I would obviously use blankets, snowsuit, etc.

I highly recommend reading up on parenting in Norway. Apparently there is a strong cultural belief that fresh air is good for kids, including infants, and parents regularly will leave infants bundled up in their strollers outside for a couple of hours each day. Seeing as how people have been having babies in cold climates for millennia, I don't think it's something to worry about.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend reading up on parenting in Norway. Apparently there is a strong cultural belief that fresh air is good for kids, including infants, and parents regularly will leave infants bundled up in their strollers outside for a couple of hours each day. Seeing as how people have been having babies in cold climates for millennia, I don't think it's something to worry about.

Ya, I've been reading about that. I just can't imagine being inside all winter. I'll go crazy. In addition, we have a cabin in a remote village and I plan on spending a lot of time there with the baby. Luckily, we have electricity and running water out there, even during the winter, so I won't be missing any of the comforts of home. We do a lot of snowshoeing and ice fishing in the winter and I would still like to enjoy those activities with the baby. It's literally outside of my door. :happy:

I really shouldn't worry about it. Imagine what mothers with newborns had to deal with 100 years ago with no electricity? They managed to survive and so did the babies.

Thanks!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    I live in Oklahoma, USA & have the opposite problem! Pretty mild winters, but very hot & humid summers. I just can't stand being outdoors when it's 110 & humidity of 80. There's so much mold & pollen here that everyone has allergies. Zyrtec is our best friend in this household!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options

I gained 34lbs with baby #1 & most of my weight gain was in the beginning! I hope to gain no more than 35lbs this time around, but my dr thinks I'll gain 40+lbs. boo, but i lost it all before, so I know I can lose it all again. I still don't think 40 is all that bad, most of my family gained 80-100lbs during their pregnancies! Hang in there!
  • papagal212
    Options

I gained 34lbs with baby #1 & most of my weight gain was in the beginning! I hope to gain no more than 35lbs this time around, but my dr thinks I'll gain 40+lbs. boo, but i lost it all before, so I know I can lose it all again. I still don't think 40 is all that bad, most of my family gained 80-100lbs during their pregnancies! Hang in there!

Same here! I gained most in the beginning with my last pregnancy as well. With this pregnancy I gained all of it after 12wks, so in just 12wks I put on 20lbs. Bleehh. I had a hard time losing weight after him too even though I just had 15lbs to lose, it took me over a year to lose and I didn't lose all of it. Ugh!! I'm hoping sincr I haven't been.as active and haven't been counting calories that once I start again I will lose it faster???? Just 15wks left so I have time to worry later.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options

Same here! I gained most in the beginning with my last pregnancy as well. With this pregnancy I gained all of it after 12wks, so in just 12wks I put on 20lbs. Bleehh. I had a hard time losing weight after him too even though I just had 15lbs to lose, it took me over a year to lose and I didn't lose all of it. Ugh!! I'm hoping sincr I haven't been.as active and haven't been counting calories that once I start again I will lose it faster???? Just 15wks left so I have time to worry later.

My daughter is 3 & I just lost all the baby weight (and 15lbs college weight gain, then 15lb marriage gain) a few months before I got pregnant! I barely even got to enjoy it! So I totally get what you are saying. It can be very hard to lose the weight. I'm hoping I can get a gym membership after I deliver to help speed up the weight loss.