January 2015 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Binky muffin- those pumps are good. I rented an awesome medala double breast pump for the first few weeks after I delivered & it was a lifesaver. The suction is very strong, which left my nipples were soooo tender. Definitely hurt more than nursing, but got a lot of milk out & it was pretty quick (less than 15mins). Took awhile to get the hang of pumping both sides at the same time, but it was efficient.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Ehh I'm still around. 35.5wks and I'm just done. I've gained way too much weight, im exhausted, my back is hurting like crazy, I have a lot of pressure, I've also started getting contractions more frequently, obviously the fake ones, lol it would come frequently for 2 hours and then stop. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and I will have her after Christmas (I'll be 38/39wks)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there... lol
    Trying to get all my Xmas shopping done early this year. Not sure how successful I'll be. I'm kind of done with shopping after an hour, because my back and pelvis/groin just can't take it anymore.

And I'm pretty sure my feet are beginning to swell. My socks suddenly make indents on my feet, I noticed today. Wasn't expecting any kind of swelling until like 36+ weeks.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I went for my routine OB appointment and the doc told me I was measuring a little behind. This was after she measured my stomach. Anyhow, I was pretty upset after the appointment and started reading online. BIG MISTAKE!!! I've calmed down a bit because everything has been going well so far. It's difficult not to worry.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I went for my routine OB appointment and the doc told me I was measuring a little behind. This was after she measured my stomach. Anyhow, I was pretty upset after the appointment and started reading online. BIG MISTAKE!!! I've calmed down a bit because everything has been going well so far. It's difficult not to worry.

No worries. I measured 3+wks behind with both of Mt kids. I had to have bi weekly ultrasounds and non stress test 1x a week, both my kids turned out being just fine. Perfect weight. My daughter 6#13oz and my son 7#5oz. This baby is measuring right on the dot so I'm kinda worried she'll be an 8lber lol
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    Thanks, coco!!! Seems like this happens a lot to some women. It's a little more reassuring. I've upped my calories to gain 5lbs per week. that will have me at a 25-30lb gain. Right where I should be.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    cocolo89 wrote: »
    Ehh I'm still around. 35.5wks and I'm just done. I've gained way too much weight, im exhausted, my back is hurting like crazy, I have a lot of pressure, I've also started getting contractions more frequently, obviously the fake ones, lol it would come frequently for 2 hours and then stop. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and I will have her after Christmas (I'll be 38/39wks)

Have you done any stretching to try to help your back pain? I stretch every night and am amazed every night by how much better I feel afterward. Here's what I do:

Stand tall with feet slightly apart. Lift arms above your head and clasp your hands together, then turn them palms facing up. Hold this stretch. From there, exhale and bend to one side, hold, repeat other side. Lower arms and repeat if you want.

From there, I spread my feet wide, raise arms above head and take a deep breath. Clasp hands together behind your back to open up your chest. Return to center. Lift arms again keeping them shoulders width apart, bend back slightly to open your chest. Lower arms and slowly bend at the waist to place them on the floor between your legs. Hold. Lift one arm out to the side and up with your palm facing out for an upper back twist. Repeat other side.

Then, this is the best part that releases tension in the back... Sit on the floor with your legs bent (legs touching the floor), and bottoms of your feet together up near your pelvis. Sit up straight then lean forward as much as you can. Hold and breeeaaaaaatthhhheeeee. ahhh. From here, spread your legs out wide and bend forward. Repeat these two positions til you feel better! ;)

• xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finally am able to catch up with you all! Sounds like we are all getting more uncomfortable and ready to have these babies. I am almost 33 weeks! The Doc says I will probably need to deliver in the 39th week so that's only 6 weeks away... yikes. I am ready to start feeling like myself. Recently I have been so stressed and grumpy and just over all "blah", so I am ready to be my happy self again. Is anyone else terrified about becoming a mom? I am so scared that I won't bond with my baby like I should, or that I am not going to know what to do when he cries, and that I won't care.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    xelor23 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies! I finally am able to catch up with you all! Sounds like we are all getting more uncomfortable and ready to have these babies. I am almost 33 weeks! The Doc says I will probably need to deliver in the 39th week so that's only 6 weeks away... yikes. I am ready to start feeling like myself. Recently I have been so stressed and grumpy and just over all "blah", so I am ready to be my happy self again. Is anyone else terrified about becoming a mom? I am so scared that I won't bond with my baby like I should, or that I am not going to know what to do when he cries, and that I won't care.

I think your fears are normal for a lot of women. There seems to be this myth that every woman falls instantly in love with her baby as soon as it exits her womb. I'm sure this is the case for some, but for others it isn't. My friend told me it took her some time to bond with her first born. I think it's normal.

Have you prepared everything you need to prepare? Nursery andy last minute cleaning, things like that? I had this on my mind for a while, so made myself a list. It really helped.

You will definitely know what to do when your baby cries. There may be some trial and error, but you'll get there.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    Officially 32 weeks. Got less than 8 weeks to go! I've put on 31lbs thus far, I'm sitting at 140lbs. Oh well. I guess I was right about gaining around 40lbs by the end of the pregnancy! Wednesday the nurse said I won't make it to term. I see the OB on Tuesday at least.

I'm having a lot of back pain as well. I may need to try some stretching! Thanks for the tips!

My daughter measured small my entire pregnancy (bottom 10%). She came out 5lbs 4oz at 35 weeks. If she was full term, I think she would've been at least 6 1/2 lbs so I wouldn't worry too much about the measurements. I'm measuring in the 85% & I'm afraid I'm going to have a 9 pounder!

I think it took a while for me to bond with my daughter. She was a preemie & my first. I feel like the first few weeks were a blur. Once I started getting more than 3hrs of sleep a day, things got better. I think it's very normal for first time moms to have anxiety & even for veteran moms!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm 34 weeks today! I have actually felt pretty good since Friday. I took a 3 hour nap after work on Thursday and apparently it took the edge off of my tiredness. I stayed up later than normal on Friday but slept in til 11 yesterday!

I got our spare bedroom cleaned up and got rid of some things I'd been storing in there. This room is right across from the bathroom, so I'm going to keep all the baby's bath stuff in there.

I started a list of what I want to pack in my hospital bag. Has anyone got theirs packed yet? What kind of stuff are you including? One thing I want to bring is a microwave heating pad that I love. It's shaped to drape over your shoulders and heat your neck, shoulders, and upper back. Hopefully I'll be able to use it in the hospital.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Also 34 weeks today!!

Things are definitely getting hard for me these days.
    I'm determined to pack my hospital bag this week. Not sure what all I'm going to pack yet other than some yoga pants and a loose shirt, change of clothes for DH, going home outfit and some toiletries. I'll finalize things when I actually get started on packing.

I got all of my newborn and 0-3 baby clothes washed. Just have to sort & fold them and then put them away. It feels kind of crazy just doing that! lol. Also on the agenda is putting my bundleme carseat cover on the carseat.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Options
    I had my daughter at 35 weeks & didn't have my bags packed yet! I'm 32 weeks & packed everything today! I packed 2 outfits for the baby, & got the diaper bag put together. For myself, I'll bring an outfit. No flat iron or makeup needed lol. I could barely get the strength to get up to use the bathroom. I need to pack my daughter's stuff since she will be staying with family while we're at the hospital.
  • AwMyLoLo
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I had my daughter at 35 weeks & didn't have my bags packed yet! I'm 32 weeks & packed everything today! I packed 2 outfits for the baby, & got the diaper bag put together. For myself, I'll bring an outfit. No flat iron or makeup needed lol. I could barely get the strength to get up to use the bathroom. I need to pack my daughter's stuff since she will be staying with family while we're at the hospital.

With your daughter, was there any indication that you would go early? Any reasoning behind it, or did it just happen naturally?

I made quite a list of things I want to bring with me to the hospital. I got some it of it packed, still working on it. I actually had to order a pack of newborn onesies because I only had ONE newborn outfit , and one newborn sleeper. I'm giving her my baby blanket that I still sleep with, so I want her to have that in the hospital. o:) And, stupid stuff like I want blow pops while I'm in labor, the ipad for music, fuzzy socks because they make me comfy, a robe, a head band, etc. We're an hour from the hospital so I want to bring anything I think I might want since it won't be like someone can just run home and grab the headband I want. lol

So, I think I was right last week when I said that I thought she was turning to go head-down. I just felt a kick right up under my boobs, which I've never felt any movement up there until now. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so she'll be able to tell me if that's the case or not!
  • xelor23
    Options
    I think your fears are normal for a lot of women. There seems to be this myth that every woman falls instantly in love with her baby as soon as it exits her womb. I'm sure this is the case for some, but for others it isn't. My friend told me it took her some time to bond with her first born. I think it's normal.

Have you prepared everything you need to prepare? Nursery andy last minute cleaning, things like that? I had this on my mind for a while, so made myself a list. It really helped.

You will definitely know what to do when your baby cries. There may be some trial and error, but you'll get there.

I just had my baby shower yesterday so now I know what I need to buy to finish the nursery and to get ready to bring him home! I have started a hospital bag but I am really not 100% sure what I will need. So I am procrastinating!! How about you guys?? This is my last week at work, so I will have time to start really putting things together starting next week.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I have quite the to do list. Most of it was cleaning and organizing. The upstairs and the downstairs are finished. I just need to do the kitchen and living room. I'm hoping to have these done this week. :)
  • xelor23
    Options
    when are you due? I feel like I have done nothing to get ready! I am due in 7 weeks, but will likely deliver in 6 weeks.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Options
    I'm due January 16th. I have pretty much everything ready. The baby's room is done. We just ordered the glider and crib. However, if baby was early, we have the pack n play setup. We will bring the pack n play to the cottage on the weekend. It will have more use there because we don't have a lot of room.
  • xelor23
    Options
    I have my crib but not mattress, and I have a pack n play, but no sheets. Haha. I am going to start getting it ready hardcore this weekend and next week.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    The only thing I still need to buy is a swing. I've had all the nursery furniture put together since early August LOL. Oh, I also need to buy a pack of newborn diapers!

I only have 8 work days left, so I will start final preparations the week of Christmas. My sister cleans houses as a side job, and she's coming on the 19th to deep clean my kitchen and bathrooms for me. I have a cabinet currently in our sunroom that I'm going to put in the kitchen for all the bottles, etc. I need to wash/sanitize bottles and binkies, and at some point I want to steam clean the carpets and wash all the curtains. I'M SO EXCITED!!

I had my 34 week appointment this morning and I was up SIX POUNDS in 2 weeks. EEEEk. Now up 38 pounds at 34 weeks. I go back in another 2 weeks and she'll start internal exams and will do an ultrasound to confirm size and position.

Last week, Little Lilly was moving around a TON and I thought I could feel her getting in position, and the doctor confirmed that today. She believes she's head down, her back and butt going up my left side, legs and feet curled at the top over to my right side. I find it so neat that I was able to tell what she's doing in there!