Introduction (Name, State, Goals, how achieve it)

Options

Replies

• libbeth_6212
    libbeth_6212 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Liz from Northern Virginia (about 5 miles outside Washington DC). My goal for these 100 days is to lose just over 20 lbs (it'll depend on what my starting weight is - but probably 22-23). I plan to track everything I eat (even on those hopefully rare days when I exceed my calorie limit), get 10,000 steps in daily and reducing processed foods in my diet. For me (working mom with three kids and a ton of volunteer and extracurricular activities) this will mean meal planning - there is nothing worse than getting home, standing in front of the refrigerator and trying to figure out what to eat. (Because when that happens in our house, it means takeout!)

I need accountability and a challenge with others - I look forward to leaning on y'all for help and need you to challenge me!

Good luck all!
  • woozeymagic
    woozeymagic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Wendy from Country Victoria, Australia. I have been struggling on the same weight for a long long time (just on a year) - my plan is to continue to walk 8km each day but cut my calories to a true 1200 /day and not eat the exercise calories. I already eat clean on the whole and tend towards unprocessed carbs if i eat obvious carbs at all. My goal is 14lb in 14 weeks (or 100 days) which i hope is realistic and achievable - it would be awesome :-) and get me moving again ! Good luck all and i look forward to the journey with you.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Amy from Northern CA.
    I just have a few more pounds to lose (5?). I need to see what I look especially with continued toning through strength training. This challenge is important to me for three reasons. 1) I have reached this weight range before, and then always climb right back up. 2) this time of year is usually my worst for gaining due to all of the temptations that others have already mentioned. 3). I am anticipating an upcoming surgery on my leg that is going to throw a serious 12 week glitch into my activity level (scaring the heck out of me just thinking about not being able to exercise!!!:sad: ).

I plan to continue to eat clean, low carb, low simple sugar, plenty of protein. Until my procedure, will do strength training 3 times per week and cardio 6.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melinda, from Eastern Oregon. I've lost 27 lbs. since January but am now at a plateau! Would love to be part of this challenge and lose those extra pounds!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You certainly know summer is over when all these end-of-year and christmas challenges pop up! My name is Donald and i'm from Alberta, Canada. I'm here to say goodbye to 26 lbs by 2015. (Goal of 200 lbs) Using a combination of nutrition, cardio & weights. Using this group to help stay motivated. Feel free to add,
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I'm from Minnesota (Canadian expat) and would love to lose 15 lbs by the end of the year. I had a back injury and I've been babying it too much I think, so it's time to get my eating and exercise under control!! Good luck everyone!!
  • sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Sweetpea, I live in Beautiful British Columbia. I've been a stay at home mom for the last 20 years, kids are almost done with school and I am going back to school at the end of the month. It's time that I do a better job of taking care of Me! My goal is to lose 20 lbs but would be happy if I lost 15 by the end of the year.

I want to stay under my calorie allowance. Remember to drink my water every day. In the past I have done well with exercise in the fall and winter, it's cool so I'm usually pretty good at cardio, but I need to do more Hiit exercises, so will try to stick to doing 3 a week.

Good luck everybody on reaching your goals.:flowerforyou:
  • BlueButterfly73
    Options
    Hi I'm Olga, I live in Castle hill, NSW. I plan on discarding a minimum of 7 kilos by 2015. I plan on doing this by eating healthy (as fresh as possible), drinking mostly water, walking every day (min of 10,000 steps) and going to the gym a minimum of 3 times a week. If anyone out there lives in Sydney and would like to meet up for week night / weekend walks, send me a message - it is always easier to exercise with friends :)

47764459.png
  • ebrown3992
    ebrown3992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Eric from Charleston, WV. I've lost 110 lbs since February 1st of this year but for the last month, i have been at a stand still. I have 60 more lbs i want to lose. Needed to get healthy because found out i was pre-diabetic but after my first 3 months of weight loss and exercise, i am no longer pre-diabetic. Any suggestions on how to reboot my metabolism would be appreciated. This is what i am doing as of now. My daily eating is 1800 calories per day, limiting my carbs to 150g, limiting my natural sugars to 50g, protein minimum is 90g and my fiber minimum is 40g min. I exercise for an hour at least 3 to 4 times a day and just did my first 5k on Saturday.

Thanks
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm Lyn from Australia. I started my weight loss journey at 285 lbs. I am now 226. I would love to get to 200 by the end of the year! I would then have about 30 lbs to go. In metric, I am 5'9 and apparently should weigh a maximum of 162, but I can't imagine that! I commit to 300 minutes exercise per week as well as watching my calories.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm MaryAnn, Upper Michigan Girl...My goal is to be in the "NORMAL" BMI range by the end of the year. My doctor asked me what that would take...I said to lose 14 more pounds or grow six inches taller! Ha ha! I am trying to stop focusing on weight as the number, but normal BMI would be important. Get rid of some unhealthy belly fat and work on getting stronger...strengthening my arms, back and legs. I'm excited to give this approach a try. I tend to weigh myself a little too often, so every 10 days is great! Looking forward to seeing where we all end up!
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary from Egypt. I started my journey weighing 110 kg and lost some weigh but I fell of the wagon many times . I started again one month ago at 108 and as if today I'm 103.5 kg.I'm counting calories with carb cycling. My goal for the 100 days is to go down to 89 kg. I'm planning to start doing the 2 mile walk at home workouts , increasing gradually to 5 mile then hopefully the 30 day shred .
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My name is Vanessa and I live in Paris, France.
    I started at 90kg (198lbs) and as of today I'm at 67.8kg (149.16lbs). I plan on reaching goal weight by the end od the year: 58kg (128lbs).
    In all honesty, I don't care much about the number on the scale anymore (I really rely on how I feel and how I look) but it would be a nice number to see. Plus, you don't change a lifetime of scale addiction overnight.

I eat at a deficit from TDEE (1650 calories a day) and do lots of walking and strength training.

My real goals aren't actually weight related but this will keep me accountable. Happy to be part of the group!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm Maelyn. At my highest I was 357. I am now down to 265, just a few more pounds to go to reach the 100lb mark, still another 100 lbs to go. My weight goal is 157 as had a body fat % thing done measuring lean mass,etc and discovered with 0% body fat I would weigh 142.6. Now, then as I get small I am going to lose some lean muscle mass as there won't be a need for as much as my body won't be supporting as much weight on the frame.

My other goals: To stabilize my mentality to help reduce procrastination periods, practicing poor environmental hygiene as that brings down my mood....yadda yadda yadda.
    I want to get down to a 12. By the end of the year I will like to have lost another 1.5 " around my waist.
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Name: Tiffany
    State: PA
    Goals: 40 lbs in 100 days
    How: Realizing that this isn't a short journey, it's the rest of my life and something that I need to do for the rest of my life... which means I need to make it completely sustainable and fun! I tried and gave up so many times in the past only to learn a couple months ago that I was insulin resistant which was making it nearly impossible to for me to lose weight and have any energy. Now that I'm on medication, I'm feeling soooo much better and have logged on to MFP for 35 days straight and don't feel like I'm sacrifcing anything. Not to mention I feel wonderul.

Basically I'm going to be more active and make better food choices. :)
  • DsSquishy
    DsSquishy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Krista and I live in St. John's Newfoundland (Canada).

I started at 323lbs after having my second child and I'm currently at 309.7lbs. I'm looking to hit 290 within the next 100 days by eating healthier, counting calories and am starting some low impact exercising today. I'm really excited to having one more thing to hold me accountable for my weight loss. :)
  • dcshellz
    dcshellz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HI, i am Shelly
    from Fl
    To Loose at least 25 lbs more
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Lauren and I live in Wyoming with my husband and two kitty cats. My goal is to drop ~7 pounds before the end of the year, to get back to where I was last summer at my wedding goal weight :love: Currently 124 on a small 5"5" frame, goal is 117.

I like running, biking, yoga, and weight training - and since I live at 7200 feet and it's late September, I guess I need to add x-c skiing, skate skiing, and tele skiing to the list. (NOT ready for winter yet! Ack!)

If anyone wants to be friends, feel free to add me. I try to log every day, exercise most days, and be a supportive MFP friend!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Anna from Georgia. My plan for the next 100 days is to 1) reach my goal weight of 150 and 2) ride my bike another 300 miles. I also plan to start training for a half marathon in Jacksonville, FL in February.

Good luck to everyone with their goals!
  • amandacolaizzi
    amandacolaizzi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am planning on running my first half marathon by January 18th and to lose 20-25lbs. However, i am not a runner so I am starting from the very beginning. This 100 day group will help me get fully committed and reach my goals. Also to help support and watch others succeed! :) I plan on doing this by eating healthy and tracking calories on MFP. I will be following the running plan and doing strength training every other day as well as yoga 2-3 times a day to help my muscles stay relaxed and healthy. I can't wait to see how everyone does! :smile: