Like Minded Lushes - October

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Starting this for mama lush.

It's October..time to say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn leaves....and of course Octoberfest..beer and brats and football!! :drinker:

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I am trying to get myself back on track...sounds like some of the rest of you are as well. Coming here every day to read how you all are doing helps. :flowerforyou:
    Apparently summer isn't over here in SoCal....95 degrees today and more of the same thru Sat. I'm REALLY glad I decided not to go to the air show with the husband this weekend..that tarmac is going to be hot as hell!! I need to get back in the pool for some swimming.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yay October!! I cannot wait until it is actually cold here (I can't believe I'm saying this), so I can wear my sweatshirts! But I am not looking forward to the freezing cold that Kansas provides.

Syd, enjoy the pool time!! I'm super jealous!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thank you Syd. :flowerforyou:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    It's in the high 80's in KY today, but has been chilly enough to open windows at night for the past couple weeks. We're supposed to get a 30 degree temp swing over the weekend with highs in the high 50's Saturday. That's KY weather for you. Fine by me; I just got 4 pair of boots in the mail last week!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    BTW anyone see Kim lately? Maybe she sold her house!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I sent Kim a message and I haven't heard back from her. I miss her. I am sure she will be back eventually.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yay October!

Monday- 10 oz white
    Tuesday-5 oz red
    Wednesday-5 oz red

probably more of the same....not motivated to workout or abstain from the booze this week, but my eating has been good.

Robin-:flowerforyou:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the posts for October! It has been getting cooler too. Our heat came on for the first time since last June. The mornings are crisp but the sun has been making an appearance as well.

We will be heading south from Olympia on Monday and will spend two to three weeks on the road in the trailer. We plan on seeing the Redwoods out of Crescent City California and then moving north up the Oregon coast- which is spectacular btw.

I get on the forum every day and cheer you all on. You guys rock. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Robin, I am glad you are taking time to get things back to good for yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

Gary, Have a GREAT trip, sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-thirsty thrusday reared its lovely head.....4.5 mile walk with a stop at the brewpub....3 beers and a glass of wine at home
    Tonight will be wine.
    Tomorrow we have Lenny's family annual fallfest, so much beer will be drank.

I am going to try and abstain sunday, just so I don't feel like poo for 3 days after...I think its smart to start my 3 day hangover on sunday :wink:

Lenny is traveling next week, so I will probably be having some wine all week...in moderation of course :tongue:

Happy friday!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 10 oz white
    Tuesday-5 oz red
    Wednesday-5 oz red
    Thursday-5 oz of red

at least I am consistent!

No plans for tonight, probably some wine and catching up on my DVR. The weather is super crappy here today. Tomorrow I have dinner plans with some good girlfriends I haven't hung out with in awhile, so I am looking forward to that, so some drinks, but I will still have to drive home, so nothing too crazy. Sunday we have a few invites for football so I'm sure I will have some beers.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    I went to the Y last night and had a pretty great workout. Tonight...pizza & beer...and hopefully another Royals WIN!!!! GO KC ROYALS!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 4 beers

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    we'll miss you Gary...check in if you can. Oregon is gorgeous.
    love your new pic...and Chloe..omg...adorable pic!

I've had wine all week...1-2 glasses...started up my workouts again which felt great.
    I may try to get a zero or 2 in there.

No plans this weekend...and i'm SO happy. I need a chill weekend...verrrrry hot temps here so the A/C will be on.
    Happy weekend everyone!:drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 1 beer
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=2 drinks (I mixed 2 beers with some margarita mix but gonna call it 2 drinks, not 3)

Lil DVR catch up for me too, last night. We watched The Bridge and Modern Family and the latest Ink Master.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I was informed Saturday is national vodka day.

ok..I'll do my part. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I was informed Saturday is national vodka day.

ok..I'll do my part. :drinker:
    I did my part:bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-3 beers and 1 glass of wine
    Friday-1/2 cyser, 1/2 pumpkin beer 1/2 a bottle of wine and then 12oz from the box :noway:
    Saturday-LOTS OF BEER at family fallfest, it was a really nice time!!
    Sunday-0

Not sure about the week, since Len is traveling I have worked some wine in every night...we shall see what happens. So glad I didn't drink yesterday and looking forward to a productive, although lonely week!!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Hello!! Great weekend...KC ROYALS killed it!! WOO HOO!!!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 4 beers
    Friday - 1 bottle of elderberry wine & 2-3 beers
    Saturday - 7-8 beers
    Sunday - 0

I received PiYo in the mail this weekend....excited to give it a go! I hope that I like it, but if I don't...I can always return it!

Happy Monday all!