Lose An Inch By Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I haven't been hitting my goals at all! Only lifted twice last week. Am hoping to get in 3 times this week but getting to the gym is proving difficult today because my gym bag is in my boyfriends car and he is gone to work :angry:
    I'm pretty sure my calories will be all over the place this week too because tomorrow we are going out to a fancy steak house for dinner and I intend on eating all the food. and then at the weekend we have friends coming to visit so there will be lots of drinking! Ugh. At least I know that by the end of next week I will be completely finished NROLFW so that is something.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Another week done and one more to do even better!! :D

For me:
    My weekly goals:
    1. Three days lifting Yes (I finish stage 4 tomorrow)
    2. Log log log it all, daily Logged... but was over over over (stupid wine!)
    3. Cardio min 2x/goal 3x a week Yes, would like longer sessions

I had lots of birthday and social calls so my calories are nuts... hope to get back down soon
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I made my protein today. I am taking it one day at a time
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Would love to lose more than one inch since i'm still in stage 1. But i'll take it!

Weekly goals:
    1. Lift 3 times a week, cardio at least 2 days.
    2. Drink my 8-9 glasses of water a day
    3. Keep the wine to the weekend only.
    4. Keep up with 5-6 meals/snacks a day eating plan.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I did good last week :)
    dnamouse wrote: »
    My current goals are:
    1. Lift 3x week
    2. FUN Cardio 2x week (choice of HIIT, running, kick boxing or swimming)
    3. Meal plan, healthy snacks with plenty of water, protein & fibre.

1. Lifted, all good
    2. Cardio done - walk/run on Monday, walked all around Wet'n Wild on Sunday! I'd say that constitutes cardio lol
    3. Food is going all good. Even with the cheesecake balls :wink:

This week could be a little less cardio. Actually probably no more than the intervals after lifting. Not in the mood and the weather is being odd. Maybe I'll get some swimming in with the kids on the weekend if it warms up enough.

Will check measurements at the end of next week :smile:
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    I am in for losing an inch by Christmas!

Weekly:
    1. 72 oz water daily
    2. 3 days lifting, 2 days cardio (I'm really bad about keeping up on my cardio)
    3. Log everything accurately (easy at home, not so easy at family/friend functions)

CW: 135

I can't measure at the moment, but when I get home, I'll update w/ my waist measurement.

Checking in

1. Still not perfect on the water, but got it most days
    2. (*) and (*) !
    3. (*)

Oh and I realized I never updated with my waist measurement :# at the end of September my waist measured at 33"
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options

Weekly:
    1. 72 oz water daily
    3. Log everything accurately (easy at home, not so easy at family/friend functions)

I can't measure at the moment, but when I get home, I'll update w/ my waist measurement.

Checking in

2. (*) and (*) !
    3. (*)

Oh and I realized I never updated with my waist measurement :# at the end of September my waist measured at 33"

Nope. Not buying it. Are you measuring the smallest part of your waist? There is no way your waist is bigger than mine. I call a recount (or remeasure) :wink:
  • allie_00p
    Options

Weekly:
    1. 72 oz water daily

Checking in

2. (*) and (*) !
    3. (*)

Nope. Not buying it. Are you measuring the smallest part of your waist? There is no way your waist is bigger than mine. I call a recount (or remeasure) :wink:

I have no idea, I've actually never measured my waist before and the gal at the gym did it for me when I started the challenge there. She was like feeling where my hipbones were and finding the spot from there... are you just supposed to find the skinniest spot & that's your measurement?
    ...I guess looking at some of the others, it does seem a little high :\
    I should probably just get a tape & do it myself then - agree to recount..er..measure :D
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Remeasure right under your ribs or at you belly button
    No way are you 33

Why is it so hard to eat veggies and hit my protein !!!
    Tomorrow is another day
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Pmag, you and I are in the same boat. What's your protein goal? Today I'm going to make a meal plan for next week and try for 30% protein.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I am trying to eat 1g per lb of body weight. It shouldn't be hard I just need more protein and veggies and less cake!
    I am going to have to rein in the cals soon because I don't need to compete at a higher weight class . I have until dec but I almost never lose . I was up two lbs at last check and I will weigh in tomorrow.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Bb you rock the hip thrust now I have to try again tomorrow :)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    I'm with you guys...I've been trying to up my veggies too! My whole family would benefit from it too!

I hit my protein goal (120-135/day) and nailed my calorie target all week...but didn't get much cardio in :(. It's the lowest priority on my list, so I'm ok with it.

I also dropped my carbs last week and will keep them low until my Carb nite (Friday, Halloween,how fortuitous!) I think a carb cycling plan will help me stick with my calorie goal without losing my thyroid function, insulin sensitivity, glycogen stores and strength gains. At least that's the plan ;). We'll see. :)
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    great job everyone. I am getting better about hitting my protein... I crave it now and hate days when I realize I haven't been getting lots. But pms and Halloween week are a dangerous game for me with candy!! ha!

Last week
    My weekly goals:
    1. Three days lifting Yep
    2. Log log log it all, daily Logged... but was over over over (stupid wine!) same as last week :( bad girl!!
    3. Cardio min 2x/goal 3x a week Yes, would like longer sessions

I work out at home but a great gym just reduced their costs from $70/month to $30! i pass it on my way home... and my friend works right next door. Joining this week so hopefully will be able to step it up a bit. My coworker lifts at lunch so I will probably join her... I am nervous because I have only lifted at home! Will take some getting used to!!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1. Lift 3x week
    2. FUN Cardio 2x week (choice of HIIT, running, kick boxing or swimming)
    3. Meal plan, healthy snacks with plenty of water, protein & fibre.

Okedokee...

Well, I did my lifting.

Didn't do any cardio other than the intervals at the end of the lifting sessions.

Hit my goals with water, protein & fibre.

Was going to measure again today, but it's hot, I'm downstairs in the aircon and the tape measure is upstairs :stuck_out_tongue: Things seem to be floating along okay though!

• allie_00p
    Options
    Alright,oso I finally went and got my very own tape measure like a big girl so the narrow part just under the ribcage/above the bellybutton is 29.5"

Did well on some goals this past week, tracked everything throughout the weekend, got my lifting and cardio in. The water seems to be my weak spot, I'll be better this week!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    So I am doing great on lifting and even on resting(although it makes me a little batty to do less cardio).
    I just have to work in more protein.
    I have not cut out Etoh.
    I will need to up my lifting goals so here :smile:
    Bp 80 x 1
    Dl 160x 1
    Squat 150x 1 ( this is the least realistic)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    DouMc wrote: »
    I am also in. I have been slacking off lately and need to get back on track. My weekly goals are:

1. Lift 3 times per week
    2. Cardio 3 times per week
    3. At least 100 grams of protein per day.

So last week I got reached all of the goals I set myself but unfortunately I also went WAY over on my calories so I think I will have to add in another goal:
    4. Do not go over weekly calories.

I finish NROLFW on Thursday so I will do measurements and take photos on Friday. Hopefully I will see some progress.

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    So I am.doing really well with my lifting goals and am getting in lots of protein (about 120g) on my 5/7 days. Water isn't a problem. I fully admit I am sometimes skipping one of my two cardio days cause I just find it boring :P My main problem is still bingeing; when I can stop, I lose inches while still feeling full and satisfied and even while skipping that cardio. But when I overeat, nothing else matters. I really wish the holidays weren't so close!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Sounds like we're all hitting our lifting goals, which is a good start!!

I too am cleaning up my eating some more. I've been tracking and hitting my goals and macros for months, but gained 5 lbs in the past 2 months :(. Sooo, I'm doing low carb again (must be my hormones because it really seems to be the only thing that works for me). I'm down a lb already which I'm sure is water, but at this point I'll take it! I'll be doing higher carb refeeds thrown in to see if that'll keep my thyroid and metabolism happier, and help my lifting.

I felt wiped lifting yesterday :(.

Measurements still about the same...but hopefully if I can drop 5 lbs it'll help my inches too.

And don't feel bad pudding, I'm reducing my cardio too. It wasn't helping drop weight and I don't enjoy it! I only do it to burn fat and am questioning if that even happens for me.

Hang in there girls! Keep trying and we will get there!! Slow and steady wins the race!