Hi all!

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    The group will be what we make it. DrBorkBork has agreed to be a moderator of this group as well, which is great for us, because I know that she is a great Primal/Paleo resource.

:)
    Amy

Apparently I'm not that observant... but I'm Amy also... although I never "go" by that. Usually "AJ" or "Cookie". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    IMMACOOKIE - I love your pic :-)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    HA! Thanks! I have the assortment of "humor" avatars.... it's my "thing" I guess. :laugh: :laugh:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I nominated Grokette as a fellow mod.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    hi not currently doing paleo but am very intrested and impressed with the type eating plan.

just reluctant to give up my cheese. even though i would probably be healthier with out any dairy since i am actually lactose intollerant. anyway decided to join and learn more

hope you all don't mind
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Hi all - I'm glad to have found this group!

While I'm familiar with Primal Blueprint, I more directly follow Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution - which is primal/paleo in a lot of respects, but also includes the latest in longevity through nutrition research...I'll be happy to represent from that 'denomination' :)
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    My wife and I have been following a Primal lifestyle for 20 weeks (as of this past Sunday) now and I have lost 90lbs with a low carb, whole food diet and exercise. Looking forward to meeting and learning more from everyone here.

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Hey all -

I am here and happy that we have groups now. Hopefully this will cut down some of the negativity and arguing on the general forums.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    I am happy to announce that Grokette has also agreed to be a group moderator! :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    hi not currently doing paleo but am very intrested and impressed with the type eating plan.

just reluctant to give up my cheese. even though i would probably be healthier with out any dairy since i am actually lactose intollerant. anyway decided to join and learn more

hope you all don't mind

Paleo is dairy free.
    Primal welcomes full fat dairy and good quality cheeses in moderation :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Hi all..so I have been doing the whole Paleo thing since last Friday. I have lost 35 pounds since April..but the doc wasnt pleased with only 3% fat loss.
    I do have PCOS,IR,hypothyroid..so she thought Paleo would be a good thing..So far..I have lost 3.1 pounds. I am not sure what my final number is...it was 135...but with the need to lose 5-7% body fat..I will have to get back to you on that.

So far its ok..had a few headaches..and light headedness..

I will have to figure out what to do once I reach my goal fat loss percentage..cause I love cheese..(its my friend) and being East Indian..I love my dhal..so tweaks will have to happen

-Marlene
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    So nice to meet you all and be greeted with positivity! :bigsmile:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member

hope you all don't mind

Paleo is dairy free.
    Primal welcomes full fat dairy and good quality cheeses in moderation :)

hmm so i can do rimal and still have my cheese, though would love to cut it out, see how tummy does. but well i love me some cheese
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Howdy all, nice to see we have our own group
  • _Amy_Budd
    Yay! So glad to see so many open, friendly Primal/Paleo/etc. folks joining the group!

Amy
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I'm not strict - more of a 80/20 adherence. I like dairy and wine too much :ohwell:

Glad to see so many of us!

Pam
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    some good info mixed in here. Thanks for sharing some of the differences between Primal and Paleo.

THANK YOU! I think i'm going to start out 80/20. And see how the transition goes. I be mindful starting now, but will be more focused after the honeymoon.

WEDDING FRIDAY!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Hi everyone!

I've been eating primal for a few months now. It's quite difficult because I'm living with my carb-addicted family, but I'm making it work. I'm in maintenance mode and trying to gain some muscle, but I'm finding it very difficult to eat enough calories primally. It's surprising how full you get when you aren't loading up your body with breads, pastas and grains.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks for the invite Amy!

I am mentally and athleticly at my best when following PB/Paleo. I am pretty much at goal weight wise, but I am interested in getting my BMI even lower (I'm stuck at 21..would like to be around 18). I have recently recovered from a pulled hamstring that I have "nursed" for six weeks. I have slowly been amping my weightlifting back up.

I also love intermittant fasting. Anyone else work-out fasted? I tend to eat the bulk of my calories in the evening, however I try to mix things up to keep my body guessing.

Yay Groups,

Jules
  • _Amy_Budd
    I also love intermittant fasting. Anyone else work-out fasted? I tend to eat the bulk of my calories in the evening, however I try to mix things up to keep my body guessing.

Yay Groups,

Jules, I love the intermittent fast as well, and I also eat most of my calories in the evening. And I will work-out fast sometimes, depending on how I feel. Do you work-out fast for both cardio and strength training days, or only one or the other? I'm definitely interested in learning more about this.

And yes, yay groups! :)