Classes?

Options

Replies

• kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am preparing for the last semester of my Masters in Music Education. I am currently writing my DIS. Some of my coursework will include Behavior Management, Conducting, Comps, and a Literature class.

I think my favorite classes I have taken throughout my career in school where my theory classes. After this degree I plan on pursuing further studies. I think my goal is just to be a professional student. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Might as well update this for the current semester. Technically I'm in J-term right now so I am only taking one class called "Law, Politics, and Morality." It's pretty fun.

Come February I will be taking my final semester of classes, my lightest load yet. I'm pretty excited about it.
    -Developmental Biology
    -Teaching of Science
    -Counseling and Communication
    -Weight Training
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see several law students in this group! Law school is a unique challenge when it comes to weight loss or getting healthy because our workload and general stress level are so high. I'm a 3L and interested in intellectual property, so my courseload is pretty focused on that:

Transnational Law (another term for International Law)
    Communications Law
    Advanced Intellectual Property practice
    Antitrust and Intellectual Property
    Music, Law, and Technology seminar

These classes may not make sense to anyone who isn't a law student -- but they're mostly a lot of fun =)

I am also a study-snacker! Baby carrots and popcorn are definite go-to snacks, and I also snack on frozen veggies. Yes, still frozen, from the bag. They're cheap, and you can eat a whole lot without racking up a ton of calories. Try peas, corn, or shelled edamame!
  • Tet005
    Tet005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey friends!!

My name is Taylor! I am a Junior biology major!
    I am currently taking:
    Protein Analysis
    Molecular Biology
    Cell Biology
    Research Class
    Biology Connections

JUST finished making my schedule for next quarter! (Does anyone else get super excited about this?!)
    I will be taking:
    Cancer Biology
    Immunohematology
    Intro to the Human Brain
    Statistics
    Technical Writing
  • EstherE123
    EstherE123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Esther and I'm a sophomore majoring in nursing. I changed my major in the middle of the fall semester, so I'm in my freshman year of the nursing program. This semester is kind of easy compared to the others I've had.

The classes I have are:
    Introduction to Biblical Interpretations
    Gen. Psychology I
    Microbiology
    Honors ID Seminar: Colonialism in Literature
    Core Concepts of Nursing
  • aa323
    aa323 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello new friends! I'm Alex, a senior (graduating in December) majoring in Management Information Systems. This semester is gross, all difficult or boring (which to me is worse than difficult) classes, and I only really like two of them.

I'm taking:
    Advanced Business Networking
    Database Development
    Financial Management
    Operations Management
    Public Speaking
    Health (exactly the same as high school health, too! yuck!)
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Petya. :)
    I'm studying Economics in English (it is my second language). I just started my second semester and I have classes in Microeconomics, Principles of Law, Labour Economics, History of Economic theory, Economic Sociology and Mathematics.
  • sannachi
    Options
    I'm Sani, and I'm 1st year nursing student. We have a bit different system here in Finland. Our school year is divided to 5 modules and I'm in the middle of 3rd module right now.
    The classes I have:
    Nursing Science
    Pharmacotherapy
    Rehabilitating Nursing Care
    Nutrition
    Anatomy & Physiology
    Microbiology & Pathology
    Maths
    German
  • repubgurl
    Options
    I'm a JD/MBA student. Right now I'm taking:
    - Constitutional Law
    - Business Organizations
    - Administrative Law
    - Criminal Procedure
    - Appellate Advocacy
    - Evidence

I will be picking up an MBA class at the end of the month. For some reason my school saw fit for the College of Business to be the only one at the school to operate on quarters rather than semesters.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I study media...
    This semester my classes are:
    Philosophy of Witchcraft
    Earth Sciences in Art and Culture
    Writing for Journalism
    Political Economy of Media
    Meaning of Technology

I get to take more specific electives next year and I can't wait!
  • forevereuphoric
    forevereuphoric Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a Political Science major with a possible certificate in Women & Gender studies.

Taking:
    Current World Problems
    International Relations
    Geology of National Parks
    Issues in Public Policy
    Human Geography

I've been putting off college algebra for years, I finally have to do it next quarter :(
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm majoring in Special Education k-12...second semester at my university. I'm currently taking:

Survey of Literature: Analysis and Interpretation
    Integrated Natural Science Applications
    College Algebra (yeah, I suck at math :laugh: )
    Diversity and Inclusion
    Testing
    Classroom Management
  • ebenoit1
    ebenoit1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the second semester of my Master's program in communication disorders. When I graduate & pass my praxis I will be a speech pathologist. I love this major & would recommend it to anyone trying to make up their minds; although it's getting kind of competitive. Taking:

Language Disorders in Adults
    Voice Disorders
    Early Intervention
    Clinical Practicum- Accent Reduction
  • AggieSigner
    AggieSigner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am in my 6th year (I believe), and this semester I am taking:
    Data Communication & Networking I
    Data Communication & Networking II
    PC Maintenance & Selection I
    Family Ethnicities & Subcultures
    College Algebra
    Unix.
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm jamie - i'm 42 and in my first semester of grad studies working toward my MA in english and communications, having graduated in december with a BA in both sociology and in english writing. i graudated with an AA in secretarial science about 100 years ago and worked for 20 years as a legal secretary. i wasn't feeling fulfilled, so i quit my job and applied to go back to college - a decision that has caused us to make sacrifices as a family, but one that i have never regretted!

i equally love english and sociology and could have mastered in either (or both!) but, unfortunately, the 4-year schools nearest me do not offer a masters program in soc.

i am taking 3 classes this semester: semiotics, book history and rhetorical criticism - i love 2 out of three, so i figure that's not bad. haha

years of working as a legal secretary and sitting behind a desk in a basement office proved very detrimental to my health - i slowly but surely gained about 100 pounds and have just begun the journey back to a healthier me. being in school and then coming home to a busy family makes getting exercise in a bit of a challenge, but i'm trying!!

ps: i found it interesting how so many of us have common areas of study - and how incredibly busy we all are! :)
  • WhimsicalOwl
    WhimsicalOwl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ashlee, I am 17 and a Junior in college. I switched my majors this year from Marketing to Secondary Education. So I am practically starting out like a freshman. I am getting my BA in mathematics with my secondary education certification.

So far my fall semester looks like this:
    INQUIRY APPROACHES TO TEACHING
    INTRO TO TRIG
    FRENCH I
    COMPUTER PROGRAMING

But I am also taking pre-cal this summer!
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Last semester of law school! Six more weeks!

- Federal Courts
    - Fourteenth Amendment Seminar
    - Criminal Justice Clinic (basically work as a public defender in misdemeanor criminal cases -- two more trials to go!)
  • Ashlyerin92
    Options
    I'm studying Psychology, Chemistry and Neuroscience :happy:

I'm taking:

Chemistry
    Physics
    Drugs and Behavior
    Advanced Statistics and Research Methods
    Human Sexuality (Soooo interesting!)

I also travel to present my neuroscience research on how a high fat diet impairs your memory. Check it out!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Bruggeman, Emily[Author]
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    37 year old college freshman. I am taking Old Testament right now . have 22 more classes after that.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    21 year old senior graduating with my BSN! Taking the NCLEX this summer and I will be a full fledged nurse.

Synthesis of Nursing
    Entry into Practice
    Leadership and Management in Nursing