Classes?

Options

Replies

• sarah_7626
    sarah_7626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SO hard to not eat while i'm studying. i'm trying really hard to break that habit.
    I'm in first year Social Work.
    How does everyone not sit and study and EAT!!!????
    That's all I do!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my third semester as a graduate student come fall.

I will be taking:

Thesis Hours - 3 credits
    19th Century British Literature (Seminar) - 3 credits
    Literature of the English Renaissance (Seminar) - 3 credits

Looking forward to the 19th century lit. course as it's being taught by a native Irishman, which means I'll be getting a dose of Irish lit which I have yet to study.

Also looking forward to the Ren. course as, before I was introduced to Medieval lit., it was going to be my focus and is with my thesis adviser.
  • RedRelish
    RedRelish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! My major is psychology and I'm just going into my 3rd year. Right now I'm most interested in developmental psychology and disorders. My classes for the coming semester are:

Evolutionary psychology
    Learning
    Memory
    Child psychology
    Children's literature

Looking forward to these classes for sure! Just finishing my summer semester now with 2 classes: personality theory and behavioural neuroscience.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think I've posted here before, but my course selection for 3rd year is coming up in a week, so why not post the new ones. I'm doing an honours degree in media/cultural theory.

1st semester:
    Italian for Beginners
    Designing and Critiquing Research Methods
    Information and the Public Sphere
    Politics of Digital Media
    Social Networking: Theory and Practice

2nd semester:
    Italian for Beginners
    Propaganda in Print and Visual Culture
    Exploring Consumerism
    Looking at Sensationalism
    Video Killed the Radio Star: Music Videos, MTV, and the Birth of New Music
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am going into my second year of college in the fall, classified as a junior. I'm majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, which is essentially Pre-Speech Therapy. I'm minoring in Sociology.

This summer I'm taking
    - Gender and Society
    - Social Psychology

This fall I'm taking
    - Introduction to Disorders of Speech and Language
    - Introduction to Hearing Science
    - Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech/Hearing Mechanism
    - Applied Phonetics in Communication Disorders
    - Intermediate American Sign Language

In the fall I'm also starting my position as a paid research assistant in my field. I'm very excited about that.

I'm jealous of everyone that gets to take fitness classes for credit! My school offers them but none of the times fit in with my schedule :(
  • wyldling
    wyldling Posts: 35
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Amanda and I'm a 21 year old sophomore that is studying Fisheries and Wildlife along side Zoology at Northern Michigan University. This fall will be my first year at Northern after transferring from a community college where I had no idea what I wanted to study after I realized that I can't deal with the level of stress associated with art school and put out good work. I'm a bit behind now and have a nice chunk of learning disabilities (number dyslexia, ADHD, testing anxiety, etc) but at least I know what I want to do with my life now at least. Just gotta take it slow. :laugh:

For Fall 2012 I'm taking...

Introduction to Biology: Principles & Lab
    Introduction to Biology: Diversity & Lab
    College Algebra and Calculus Preparation
    Beginning Yoga (for help with the anxiety)

And I'll hopefully be working close to full time. Really excited to take some biology and ecology courses in the next few years.
  • fastfoodaddict
    Options
    I'm hitting my Senior year as an undergraduate, majoring in History with a minor in Anthropology.

My classes are: Latin, Artifact Analysis, Museum Studies, and my Senior Thesis.

So far it seems like I'm going to be pretty busy.
  • SarahElizabeth416
    SarahElizabeth416 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and I am taking Chemistry + lab, General Biology + lab, Medical Terminology, an upper level spanish class, and World Music. It's 17 credits but I think i'l manage :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I just finished my B.A in linguistics and Arabic literature. Next year I'm starting a master's degree in translation studies and an associate's degree in proofreading.
    So this upcoming semester will include:
    -2 classes on literary theory
    -class on Arabic poetry
    -translation workshop
    -classes on Hebrew grammar
    -proofreading workshop

Going to be interesting, I suppose.
  • MissJaymeSue
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and in my Junior year. I have a major in elementary education and a minor in psychology. I'm looking at endorsements in reading, unified early childhood special education, english as a second language, and behavior analysis of developmental disabilities.

This semester I'm taking art integration, science methods, social studies methods, a tutoring class, behavior analysis, and early childhood curriculum. :)
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd year of a Ph.D program in School and Behavioral Psychology. I'm full time taking:

1: Multivariate Statistics and Neural Network Analysis
    2. Social Basis of Behavior
    3. Child and Adolescent Psychopathology

I'm also teaching an undergraduate Educational Psychology class.

It sounds kind of intense but I swear I'd do this whole program twice rather than undergraduate again any day.
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and in my Junior year. I have a major in elementary education and a minor in psychology. I'm looking at endorsements in reading, unified early childhood special education, english as a second language, and behavior analysis of developmental disabilities.

This semester I'm taking art integration, science methods, social studies methods, a tutoring class, behavior analysis, and early childhood curriculum. :)

Please do applied behavior analysis for developmental disabilities! This is my passion.
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first semester of PA (physician assistant) school. It is by far the craziest academic endeavor I've ever attempted, but I'm keeping my head above water (and even losing a little weight in the process) so far. Everyone told me that learning medicine would be like trying to drink from a hire hydrant, and they were right! Here are my 20 credits, in all their glory:

- Human Cadaver Anatomy
    - Principles of Clinical Medicine I
    - Medical Physiology/Pathophysiology
    - Pharmacology I
    - Professionalism and Ethics in Physician Assistant Practice I
    - History Taking/Interview Techniques
    - Clinical Procedures I
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore at a school in the Northeast, trying for biology major.
    I'm taking
    Organic Chem (Trying not to cry through the boring classes where I barely understand, probably hardest class)
    Calculus (Not too bad except for my teacher ugh)
    English Modern Lit (Really fun class actually the teacher is wonderful and into the subject)
    Evolution/Ecology (Meh just a lot of readings not to entertaining but teacher is amusing)
    Philosophy (Teacher is funny and wants us to enjoy the subject)
  • warsenic
    Options
    Hello there! I am Eloise but you can call me Ellie. I am 18 years old and i am a freshmen in College. This is my second semester. I am taking 2 sociology classes, a math class, a cardio class and i finished my fast track psych class in Oct.

What are you all taking? What year are you in? What are your college life dirty details :wink:

I'm a sophomore student, pursuing my BA in English as a Second Language Education and a minor in English. I'm taking:

Health and Wellness
    Children's Literature
    Civic Life
    World Literature
    Biology

I also tutor for several classes, and I'm a teaching assistant for a Math 101 class. At the rate I'm currently going, I will be done in 4 semesters, not including this one. So I'll be an early graduate in Dec. 2014.
  • I'm a sophomore majoring in dance! Last year I just went nuts for all of the food choices constantly available to me, but this year I am eating smart and working on my dancer body! Looking to make friends on MFP for motivation!
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first semester of Applied economics: Business Administration. I'm taking:

- Accountancy
    - Economics
    - Introduction to law
    - Math
    - French 1
    - English 1
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior taking 2 Spanish classes and 2 teaching education classes. Yepp, I want to be a Spanish Teacher XD
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and I am taking Chemistry + lab, General Biology + lab, Medical Terminology, an upper level spanish class, and World Music. It's 17 credits but I think i'l manage :)

Dude I was so close to going to that school! But I decided to stay home instead =P
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's been really interesting reading about everybody's college experience!

I should technically be graduated right now. When does anything EVER go as planned, though?! I started college at The University of Northern Colorado (UNC). My Freshman year, I was "undeclared" then my second year I decided to go for Elementary Education. I only did that for a semester before I realized that teaching wasn't for me, so I changed to Pre-Nursing. I continued with Pre-Nursing at UNC for a semester, then transferred to the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) my "Junior" year (I fell behind from changing majors) so that I could live at my parent's house and work because I couldn't find a job in Greeley and my financial aid didn't completely cover my cost of living. I did one more semester as a Pre-Nursing major then decided to change AGAIN. I began working for my parent's company while going to school, and I found it was something I really enjoyed. So now, I go to school part time at UCD for my degree in Business Communications and I work full time. I work from 9-5 Monday thru Friday (can you say PERFECT schedule?!) and I am taking 2 night classes of Advertising and Marketing. :) Being that I'm only going part time, I still have about 2 years until I graduate, but going part time was the best decision I've ever made. I NEVER stress out about school, it's very nice :)