Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was honestly reluctant to post in here.
    I have a fear of posting online, it takes a lot out of me to post what I've already posted.
    Names Lyssa. I'm 19, from Ohio.
    A list of my problems, ADHD. Bipolar. Depression. Eating disorder(I'm not sure what you would call it, I've been told so many things) Tiny bit of OCD. Anxiety. Everything's gotten worse.
    I'm going to be going to a therapist & that other person soon, I just have to take the papers up there.. Then I'll be on a waiting list.
    I dropped out of school, & I can't get a job because of my.. problems..
    Medications haven't helped me, only made things that weren't noticeable hard to ignore.. So I hope this time around I get something that helps.
    I just need people to talk to.. That understand.. And such.
    Not a long story.. Just some facts to introduce myself I suppose.
  • harrietsmama
    Options
    Hello, I am Heather and I have Bipolar and Borderline Personality Disorder. I have used EMDR, DBT and tried lots of meds. I am still tweaking my cocktail but doing pretty well. I have the major blahs, but no boohoos so while I can hang in this state it doesn't feel good.I am in physical therapy for a fall right now and I am really hoping to use the momentum of this work to get off the couch and get strong and healthy. I know the exercise will really help me emotionally too. The Borderline interferes with this in that I am at times feeling immobilized without someone holding my hand. I try to talk myself through that and sometimes it works, and others not so much.Great to meet you all, I hope we can be mutually beneficial.
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a girl in my mid 20's from Finland. I've been in therapy for over six years now, had such labels as moderate depression, anxiety disorder (with features of GAD and social anxiety) and borderline personality disorder. The main issue is anxiety, but links with BPD. I don't think I'd get the BPD diagnosis anymore, but I'm still very sensitive and easily over reacting to any stress or unpleasant things. At the worst times I don't deal with these things too well. I've been self harming in every way I have been able to think of, not severely, but I do have scars that will never completely go away. You have to know where they are to see them though, my arms are not filled with cut marks or anything.
    I also have eating disorder tendencies, though never been diagnosed with even EDNOS, as my eating problems usually last only a few weeks and then go away. They come back when I'm stressed, and go away when my life is easier. I'm here partly because of them, as I'm having some anorexia-like behavior now, and counting calories is a part of that for me. Also right now my anxiety level is really high, as my studies are very stressful at this point.
    Sometimes I have compulsive thoughts abouts hurting/killing myself or a loved one, even though I've never truly wanted any of that. (To make it really clear: I'm not going to kill myself or anyone else.) I'm scared of a lot of things, and sometimes I avoid stuff that scares me. For example, sometimes I don't use the subway and walk instead because I'm scared that someone will blow up a bomb or something. I also become really alert if I hear loud noises or someone looks suspicious to me - I'm terrified of getting in the middle of a shooting, thanks to what happened in Norway, all the school shootings and stuff. I still live a nearly normal life, so these fears are not super bad, but bad enough to keep me stressed most of the time.
    So basically I'm stressed, anxious and sometimes depressed. And really lonely, I've never felt like I belong anywhere and I think I've almost always felt like an outsider since I was 3 or 4 years old.
    That's me. I hope I get some support here, I don't think I'll be writing much, but I'll definitely keep reading this discussion board. If you want to add me, feel free to do so.
  • Birdee0123
    Options
    Birdee here. Awesome to see a weight loss group for people dealing with the ups, downs and sideways slides of mental illness.

The ugly truth:
    50 yr old female
    long term recovering alcoholic
    gained around 60 lbs when I quit drinking, which unmasked my MI symptoms and let the depression beast out
    lost almost 20 of that already (thank gawd for hypomanias)
    doc does a 2 step when I ask for her official Dx but has me on lamictal and atarax. Hmmm BP2 with anxiety much?
    I'm way past ready to stop being a fatty

How do I join the private group?