Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm Cheryl, 31, in Louisville. Live by UPS, work by the malls. Been doing this on my own since September.
  • skinnybitch0178
    skinnybitch0178 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in Brooks, which is literall 10 miles from Louisville. I am a nurse but now have a desk job. Ihave struggled with weight since the birth of my firts child. You can check my profile for the hows and whys, but the goal is healthy. I don't want to be super skinny nor to I think I ever would be. I just want to FEEL better. I want to be HEALTHY and if being healthy gets me thinner, trimmer and fitter...then thats an added benefit! So glad to see a group on here from KY. ;-)
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. I am Amanda. I live in Auburn, KY. I am a single mother of two boys, a full time employee, and I take 12 hours at school. My boys are my life. They are in a program called Young Marines of Southern KY. So every Saturday we have drill and pt. I try to walk while they are busy. I also walk on my breaks at work most days. I am dating a wonderful man, Kimo. We have been together for 3.5 years now.

I am looking to lose weight as I am a diabetic. I have lost 3 lbs and that resulted in a decrease in my insulin. Doc said if I continue to do good, and loose weight, then I may be taken off insulin. (motivation!!)
  • chalkoutline
    Options
    Hello all. I am David and live in Nicholasville, KY. I am 48 and married.

I have been "supersized" my entire life and been on the up and down weight roller coaster for most of that time. I lost about 25 pounds last year and have managed to keep that off. I'm on here trying to do a better job of tracking my food and exercise to try and break through to my goal weight.
  • mrseholley
    mrseholley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm Ellen and live in Metcalfe County KY. Yeah, down here you are known by the county you live in because the cities are so small. Our county has more cows than people lol

I joined MFP in April after 3 drs in 3 weeks told me I am overweight.

I've been active all my life and living a somewhat healthy lifestyle. I'm coaching girls high school tennis and walk/run at least 3 times per week after practice. One dr. told me he thought I was getting enough exercise so I should move into writing down everything I eat. I found MFP and this makes writing in a journal way better.

So, I guess I'm working with 3's right now because in 6 weeks I've lost 3 pounds. Not earth shattering but I guess it's progress.

I've started back running with the C25K plan (NHS healthcare podcasts are wonderful), and began the eating clean lifestyle. I feel like changes will come but just not very quickly.

I appreciate all the encouragement MFP gives me, I just wish there was a way to see quicker results without medicating myself.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Anita, 37.5 years old and I currently just moved back to Kentucky after 10 years. I am in Lexington right now but was born and raised in Ashland till 1995 when I left for Lexington and then eventually Miami, Florida. I recently became overweight with my 3rd child whom is 9 months old. I don't understand how to lose weight because I never had to before. I wish all of you luck on your weight loss journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tiffie1986
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tiffany and I am 25 years old. I live in London and just started this diet yesterday. I have a few health problems such as PCOS (which I have seen a few ladies on here have as well), I also have diabetes and high cholesterol. I do have medication to help with all of this and usually I forget to take my medications because I am so busy at work and home. My goal is to not only loose weight, but become healthier and hopefully my health becomes better. I also have psoriasis and it seems like almost impossible to do anything with that but seems to be getting a little better. My biggest problem with dieting is that after working all day I am so tired that I don't want to do anything once I am home. I know everyone feels that way as well and I am just hoping that I find some motivation to really get me going. I also smoke and hoping that with the diet I will quit smoking as well. I have cut back alot but wanting to stop completely. Wish me luck everyone and good luck to everyone else as well!
  • sunkistmommy
    Options
    Hello all,

37 years old and I live near Smyrna Lake in Louisville, moved here in 2007 from Tampa, FL... GO GATORS! lol
    I just joined this program today! yay me! and I have a long way to go, but I can do this!!
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie Been on Mfp for a good while now........... I have lost 75 lbs in the past 2 1/2 years , i feel much better but still have some more weight to lose and tone up.. Would love to have more friends to help me thru this........
  • ksaltsman04
    ksaltsman04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I live in Louisville also. In southwest Jefferson County.
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and I am so glad that I found it. I began having a struggle with my weight after I hit 40. A lot of things all together changed my activity level and the weight started to creep up. Then the last two years have been a series of very stressful events that have led to me gaining about 20 lbs.

For awhile, my mental picture of myself was still slim and I just ignored that crazy mirror. But I am ready to face the reality now so that I can change it. I work in international trade so I am on the road a lot and eat out and stay in hotels which can make loosing weight a bit challenging.

I am also a classically trained lyric soprano and I have a performance coming up in December that I need to fit into an evening gown for. The clock is ticking and I've got the motivation now to do this! No more procrastination, LOL!

This situation just got me moving and my real goal is to learn how to eat better and get as fit as possible for me so that I am strong and healthy and able to continue with the demands of my schedule.

I hope to be able to encourage and support all of you and it would be so nice to find new friends on here. Please feel free to add me!

Blessings,
    Nancy
    Georgetown, KY
  • UnionSue
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Susan from Frankfort. I work in Louisville and spend a lot of time driving. I am on the HCG Diet and taking the injections. I am on week 3 of that. So far I have lost 13 pounds and 24.1 inches. I feel I have hit a plateau so I am doing my Fruit Day portion of the diet to break through the plateau. I am recently off my Metformin. I want to be able to come off my high blood pressure medicine as well. I plan on following the HCG Diet with the Shredd Diet. I think it will allow me enough flexibility to keep loosing. I feel that logging my food has been very beneficial. I look at everything now before I put it in my mouth.
  • jmikeelmore
    Options
    Hi I'm Mike, 31, not very active in my daily life. Looking to go from Flab-2-Fab!
  • Expatgirl
    Expatgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm Cheri 45 Married Female in Breckinridge County, KY. Looking for positive motivation.
  • RedPandaJami
    RedPandaJami Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm from Lexington and looking to get myself back on a healthy track. I need all the new friends I can get!!!
  • katiehood2010
    katiehood2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am from Frankfort and have been "attempting" to lose weight for as long as I can remember. I am just finishing up my first 24 hours on a low carb plan. I am a carbo-holic :D
  • megg2991
    megg2991 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Megan, I'm in college and I'm tired of always being the "chubby friend" (that's the nice way to put it lol) I've been dieting since the first and have followed the Atkins diet about a week and have lost 5 pounds! I'd be lying if I said I didn't break it once haha. I could definitely use the support, like everyone else. This is hard, but who said it would be easy? Good luck you guys!
  • megg2991
    megg2991 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should try the Atkins! It's low carb, but they have chocolate bars and sweets, so it totally helps! :) Good luck!
  • jkels91
    jkels91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jim. I live in Lexington. Two years ago I weighed 350 pounds. I started walking, then jogging and weight came off steadily until I hit about 50 pounds. I slowed a lot after that and joined MFP about a year ago... I have now lost 100 pounds and ran my first 10k ever last summer. I still have a long way to go to reach my goals but I appreciate the opportunity to meet new people here dealing with similar concerns and the supports helps a lot. Wishing you all the best in your efforts; any and all are welcome to add me if you like.
  • Onefroggychick
    Onefroggychick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I'm a 29 yr old married mom of two boys. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I'm setting short term goals till I get there. I'm a member of my local YMCA and go everyday. Please feel free to add me.Henderson KY here.