WOD

Options

Replies

• snkeller24
    Options
    11/25/2011

Split Jerk was the skill - not my RM but my last single was 80. Need to focus on dropping faster.

WOD

5 Curtis P's
    50 Double Unders (150 singles for kids like me 3:1)
    50 Butterfly Sit Ups
    4 Curtis P's
    40 DU
    40 Sit ups
    3 Curtis P's
    30 DU
    30 Sit Ups
    2 Curtis P's
    20 DU
    20 Sit Ups
    1 Curtis P
    10 DU
    10 Sit ups

14:51 with 45#, singles, and ab mat ... COULD'VE gone a lil heavier - originally thought they were over head lunges but they're front rack; could've thrown 15's on instead of 10s. Goal was to finish under 15.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today was a ***** of a workout.

LEFTOVERS
    75 each
    Leg lifts
    Elevated pushups
    Fran (just once through, I used 35lbs for the thrusters, jumped for the pullups)
    Toes to bar
    Overhead weighted lunges
    Very fast side box jumps
    kEttlebell swings (25lbs)
    Ring rows
    Situps

I actually started on V and got through 15 on Fran before she called time. I wish I'd been able to finish.

I was feeling kinda wussy on Fran because I did only use 35lbs, but I was 35 minutes in and feeling pretty beat. Looking back on it, I think I was only one of two or three women in the class that used more than 15lbs. for the thrusters. I also could have used more weight for the KB swings, but I couldn't find the 30lbs KBs when I was looking and I wasn't sure that I wanted to go with 35lbs with that long of a workout. I probably should have, though, because my form is so much better with the heavier weight.

It was a killer workout: one of those that just leaves me feeling wiped out but like I can do anything. <-- this is why I love CrossFit
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    !Missing it around here and around my box. You know how crossfit is like a family...

Anyway, arm is mostly healed, doesn't hurt anymore, and I'm ready to get back Monday. Can't wait!!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    today i learned how to do hanging power snatches...can do more weight next time but did well with the mechanics. doing it at YMCA and don't have the bumpered plates and dropping is frowned upon
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just found this wod, and I think it would be a good one for tomorrow.. Hopefully I can breath better tomorrow..pushups today with a runny nose was far from attractive =)

3 rounds for time:
    15 OH Squats
    15 L-pullups
    15 split jerks
    15 ghd situps
    15 hang cleans
    15 back extensions

This should work off all that Thanksgiving Turkey =)
  • Elewood24
    Elewood24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Our box had a Thanksgiving day WOD where family members were invited. We had about 115 people (many of which were tiny tots). Still it was a huge undertaking. We worked for 18 minutes amrap, :90seconds on, :10 rest for each of the following:

Rowing
    Push-ups (hand release)
    box jumps
    sit-ups
    slam balls
    kettle bell swings
    burpees
    one-armed dumbell press
    squats

Fun time. Obviously the kids did not participate.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to post this, but some days I get so f**king pissed off at CF. Today was one of those days. Did Lynne, which was fine, but oly class after left me frustrated to the point of tears. Why, oh why can't I get certain lifts? Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
  • cheri0627
    Options
    I don't even know where to post this, but some days I get so f**king pissed off at CF. Today was one of those days. Did Lynne, which was fine, but oly class after left me frustrated to the point of tears. Why, oh why can't I get certain lifts? Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. For a while, it seemed like every time I'd lift, I was doing better and better. Then I had a long streak of not even getting close to my PR.

The lifts are hard, and the form so particular and exacting. It takes a while and lot of hard work. Eventually, it'll just click and you'll get it.
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    From Yesterday
    Crossfit Total

85# squat (40# PR)
    50# press (10# PR)
    155# dead lift (40# PR)
    Total: 290

Feeling awesome... not bad for only 3 months at crossfit.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Started my first day at CrossFit Music City after the tiresome move from Tuscaloosa to Nashville.

WOD
    300 m row
    20 push press (135/95)
    300 m row
    15 push press (135/95)
    300 m row
    10 push press (135/95)
    300 m row
    5 push press (135/95)

Score: 9:17 (65#) – Didn’t look at the people’s scores on the whiteboard before I started, and miscalculated my weight. Probably should have done 85#.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    From Yesterday
    Crossfit Total

85# squat (40# PR)
    50# press (10# PR)
    155# dead lift (40# PR)
    Total: 290

Feeling awesome... not bad for only 3 months at crossfit.

40# PRs on 2 lifts! way to rock it girl! that's is AWESOME!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    today is rest day...thank god!

yesterday

5 rounds

5 hanging ring ext (i don't have rings so i did assisted with trx straps and it worked pretty well)
    5 forward rolls
    5 backward rolls
    10 sots press with 15#
    in 13:20

you wouldn't think that sounds so bad but the forward/backward rolls really messed with my equilibrium while doing them and i am so sore i can barely move today. when was the last time you did forward or backward rolls? i would guess it was 4th grade for me!!!!
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    From Yesterday:

WOD
    3 rounds
    10 Deadlifts (275/165)
    50 Double Unders

Score: 4:14 Rx’d+ (175#) – Ended up doing 175 because Rebecca (my new training partner at CrossFit Music City) and I both can’t add. Using 35# women’s bars is really throwing my math off, so I ended up above Rx weight.

Skill
    Pullups – 12 min amrap, rest 30 sec. everytime you come off the bar

Score: 48 pullups – RIP!!

Olympic Lifting Class
    Snatch 3-3-2 [3-3-3-3]
    Strict Press 3-3-2 [3-3-3-3]
    Back Squat 3-3-2 [3-3-3]

Stacey Greenway is the Olympic Lifting coach at CrossFit Music City. Honestly, he's one of the big reasons I picked CrossFit Music City to train at. I know how much good technique can improve your lifting and overall CrossFit wheelhouse. Stacey had me work on my snatch technique for almost 40 minutes, going over every point of performance. It was amazing how he could watch me and see exactly what I’m doing wrong and correct it in the moment. My brain is as tired as much as every muscle of my body from thinking about and engaging every muscle in every lift.

I’ve never really worked on strict press – always done push press and push jerk. I did the sets using 50#. For the back squat, Stacey had me focus on using my hips like an elevator – truly having them going straight up and down. I was doing 135, but Stacey had me drop to 115 to really focus on keeping my chest up on the way up. Great hint that he gave me – just like in front squats you shove your elbows up to keep your chest up, works for back squats as well.

LOVING this O-lift class.
  • cheri0627
    Options
    Stacey Greenway is the Olympic Lifting coach at CrossFit Music City. Honestly, he's one of the big reasons I picked CrossFit Music City to train at. I know how much good technique can improve your lifting and overall CrossFit wheelhouse. Stacey had me work on my snatch technique for almost 40 minutes, going over every point of performance. It was amazing how he could watch me and see exactly what I’m doing wrong and correct it in the moment. My brain is as tired as much as every muscle of my body from thinking about and engaging every muscle in every lift.

I’ve never really worked on strict press – always done push press and push jerk. I did the sets using 50#. For the back squat, Stacey had me focus on using my hips like an elevator – truly having them going straight up and down. I was doing 135, but Stacey had me drop to 115 to really focus on keeping my chest up on the way up. Great hint that he gave me – just like in front squats you shove your elbows up to keep your chest up, works for back squats as well.

LOVING this O-lift class.

I love O-lifting! It's my favorite class. (I love it so much I got myself a nice pair of shoes for it.) We'll spend a whole hour working on just one lift, alternating lifts each week. I love it. My trainer is the same way. She can see me do one lift and point out something little that I'm doing wrong and offer great suggestions on how to correct it.

I never thought about keeping elbows up for the back squat. I may have to try that. It seems like every time we've gone weighted squats in a class lately it's been front squats.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I think I would need to see a BS done in that way to understand how to do it. As it is, I find the arm/shoulder position very awkward and uncomfortable on my shoulder - driving my elbows forward would hurt! but, I'll try it with a low weight in my home gym... Strict Press is tricky! When you are struggling to press that weight over your head, it's natural to want to dip and press it out! I think our box was planning to offer an O-lift class with a Russian Olympic lifter starting January. I told them I was interested.

I'm only 4 days from getting cleared to go back. I did some lifting in my home gym last night and it felt good! I had no pain or pressure (only when I did leg curls)
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Last nIght's WOD:

15 Turkish Get Ups (35/25) -right
    30 KB Swings
    15 One-Armed OH Squats - left
    30 KB Swings
    15 One-Armed OH Squats - right
    30 KB Swings
    15 Turkish Get ups - left

Score: 14:49 rx'd

This morning got in my wod early since I'm traveling right after work

WOD
    300 double unders (900 singles) as fast as possible
    w/ 5 burpees every minute (so when the clock hits a minute, stop jumping and do 5 burpees for resuming jumping)

Score: 7:43 rx'd
  • snkeller24
    Options

WOD
    300 double unders (900 singles) as fast as possible
    w/ 5 burpees every minute (so when the clock hits a minute, stop jumping and do 5 burpees for resuming jumping)

Score: 7:43 rx'd

Doesn't even sound fun, especially since I'd be doing singles - but that seems like a great time that you got
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Yesterday's WOD going back to CrossFit Tuscaloosa

50 Wall Balls (20/14)
    40 Burpees
    30 KB Swings (53/35)
    20 Box jumps (24”/20”)
    10 HSPU
    20 Box Jumps (24”/20”)
    30 KB Swings (53/35)
    40 Burpees