How tall are you?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• skykitten
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'11 and 6' I'm not entirely sure. Although it seems every guy I know that claims he's 6' is shorter than me... The only time I ever liked being tall was when I played volleyball in highschool, besides that I hate it. My boyfriend is just a hair shorter than me thankfully, it doesn't bother him at all but it embarrasses me. I have social anxiety so anything that makes me stand out (or above) is a massive negative in my world.I'm trying to hate it less, but it's not the easiest thing to do. I also hate having big feel (size 12) is incredibly difficult to find so I wear men's sneakers and men's flip flops pretty exclusively. Anyone think they can teach me to embrace my height?

Bless you, what a shame to feel embarassed about being tall. Personally I love it. It's a definite bonus in business and if I have an important meeting I make damn sure I stick on my high heels. It makes me feel confident and powerful and most importantly as I work in a very male dominated environment, it means I am at least as comanding physically as the men in the room, if not more so. No apologising for my height or trying to hide it for me! If you have it, flaunt it!

I can't help with the feet size thing I'm afraid as I am a size 6 - which could explain why I fall over, a lot! :-)

As I said in my other post, my partner is shorter than me even when I don't wear shoes so I don't even try and pretend I'm little. Tall and proud! He loves it too. Who wouldn't want to be seen with a statuesque, confident, engaging woman who's having a great time. :-)

x
  • wellylass89
    wellylass89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9'' and a bit...my identical twin sister is 5' 10'' and a bit. People tend to notice us walking down the street.

And yup, we wear heels. My boyfriend is shorter than me even when when I'm in bare feet so sod it, might as well throw on the Louboutins and style it out I reckon. :-)

I'm a twin and my sister is 5' 9 we get noticed when we are out and about especially on nights out lol xx
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    6'1"

I do like to wear heels but I tend to only wear 2-3 inch heels because I cannot walk in the high ones!!
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm pushing 5'10". I wear 4+ inch heels often that easily put me over 6 feet.

I'm the same, 5'10 and <3 my heels
  • SkinnieVeggie
    Options
    I'm 5'9" close to 5'10", and just recently started wearing heels. I'm 20. I always date men shorter than myself(tall ones are hard to find) which is why I never wore them :(.
  • alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'9 and love it!
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    6' even, and I've been known to rock 6" heels on a night out. I'm proud of my height.
    I have a t-shirt that says "No, I don't play basketball." on it aswell, haha!
  • bronnysj
    bronnysj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 2, already towering over everyone so heels are a no go for me!
  • kemit1976
    kemit1976 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and looking for friends.
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    6'4" and loving every inch of it ????
  • SeeTessRun
    Options
    I'm 5'8-1/2" and have a 35" inseam. Finding pants that are long enough is a headache.
  • thinandtrimmoma
    Options
    5'9" and wear both flats and heals. My boyfriend is about a inch shorter then me so some shoe make me tower over him.
  • lizardvincent
    lizardvincent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    6'1" Hated being tall in middle school/high school but loving it now that I'm in college! I like wearing heels and intimidating all the men. It's fun to see who will still approach a 6'6" girl...
  • goofygyrl21
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and love it. Hubby is 6'5" (I got blessed). Hated my height in elementary & jr high but came to love and accept me in high school. I just had a baby girl 4 months ago, can't wait to see if she will surpass all her friends.
  • VivaLaLizabeth
    VivaLaLizabeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'10! I never realize I'm tall until I see myself in pictures, then I'm like, "WOAH! IS THAT ME?"
  • jojoba29
    jojoba29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11'' - I love heels although it does make me feel a bit like the honey monster around my smaller colleagues :-)
  • bestbreakfast
    bestbreakfast Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and never wear heals. I have a nice collection of flats :)
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    pushing 5ft 10 1/2"!! HATE the heels I just can't walk on those D: unless they are 2 inches or less... oh well!
  • cwalk8000
    cwalk8000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" but am constantly accused of lying about my height because I look taller than that. I have measured myself many times. Always singled out by women becuase I am "bigger" than the majority and always singled out by men because I am "big" for a woman. Always feel like a freak in heels because I have heard the "WHOA" and seen the frightened look on people's faces one too many times. I have never seen myself as anything else than normal but I suppose I am just used to myself. But then again, I think tall women are beautiful and think they look normal also...

Just joined MFP today and would love some new friends and contacts! Looking for some workout buddies in my area too!