How tall are you?

Options

Replies

• saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone- I am new here! :)

I am 6'0, and also wear 3-4 inch heels every day to work...luckily my family is all super tall, and my BF is 6'9 (look at my profile pic! haha). My doctor also refused to round up from 5'11 and 3/4ths for the longest time, but at my last appointment they FINALLY wrote it down as 6 feet!

I went to a high school with the best volleyball team in the state, and although I did not play and had ZERO athletic ability, at least I didn't stand out that much!
  • Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm 5'10... wear heels almost everyday... every height of heels... I even wear a 6 inch heel.. I love love love being tall and proud of it.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    I freaking love high heels, although I don't wear them terribly often. It's more because I've become very selective about the quality, and I'm not quite ready to start paying for it, so I only have a couple pairs. So glad to see other women embracing their height AND their love of high heels!
  • dirextor
    dirextor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall. I wear heels daily, some days four inches. I'm pretty much over the fact that I am taller than most men when I'm in heels and not a day goes by where someone doesn't comment or question the height.
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    5 ft 10 and wear heels almost every day:)
  • brittneyyvette19
    brittneyyvette19 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and I loooove heels... But only at home. I feel that my weight makes it hurt worse and also I've had guys comment that I shouldn't wear them... Now that I think about it, its probably because they don't wanna feel shorter than a chick, but I always jump to feeling insecure about my weight. I wish I had the confidence for it though! Maybe in a couple more lost lbs I won't feel so massive and like a spin top ready to tip over... Haha.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" here and I LOVE heels. I broke my foot October 2010 and haven't been able to wear them since. My doc says I should be able to wear them with no problem once I lose weight. I am using that as motivation...lol!

6' and I LOVE heels. But my ankles gives out on me so much! My doc also told me losing weight will help this! I'm with you!
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    5'11" and love it! Except finding long enough pants HAHA :)
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    im 5'11 and i looove my long beautiful legs..jeans look great on us!!..im not a heel wearer but i will wear wedges sometimes..
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and 3/4 of an inch (the doc refuses to round up). I guess that makes me the tallest woman here. At least so far. I never wear heels and I kind of hate it because those styles are so much cuter than what you can get in flats.

We're tied! I was 6 foot when I came home from a year in Australia, but 2 years later I'm back to 5' 11 3/4!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What I hate most is that apparently you can be tall OR you can be fat - apparently you cannot be both - according to the apparel industry anyway! They have finally just started making "tall" a mainstream sizing here in Canada.... but ever see any tall plus sized clothing??? I haven't. So you can get pants that fit, but they'll always look like capris. And don't even get me started on tights or pantyhose.

Agree so much. I can sometimes find pants that fit at Catherine's. And being tall AND fat AND pregnant? I had to special order a pair of adjustable sweatpants, and they were huge. Fortunately my tops all stretched to fit my belly, and I mostly wore shorts around the house. I telecommuted back then, thank goodness!

Tall Girl is here in Canada and they make clothes up to a size 18 or 20 pants, I think. Not sure what size you're looking for.
  • thechaosx
    thechaosx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi tall fellow tall ones! i'm new to forums but not to MFP :) Im 6ft2 eeek! X
  • hall1751
    hall1751 Posts: 5
    Options
    5'11" here! I still wear heels on occasion, too! But I definitely feel a bit giant-like when I do!

Me to, 5'11 and soon to be fabulous. Heels when I'm out with the girls and not when I'm with the bf. Tall ladies who love heels - it's all about the attitude to pull it off - and the best palce to practive believe it or not is down the supermarket isle with your trolley as it's long and no carpets!

xx

Vive longues jambes!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    today just keeps getting better..... sniff sniff.....someone told me " I feel sorry for people like you" like me??? what about me?? " oh honey your so tall, it must be hard for you to find men to date" HUH??? I am married and my husband is my height...."yes but it still must be hard to tower over everybody".... can I just open a can of red neck whoop *kitten* on her???? (ps she was only about 5"0" flat and I have on my 4" heels so I am 6'2" today so I probably scared her when I walked in---but still)
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    5'10" and I also love wearing heels. My wonderful hubby is only 5'5.5" but he professes to "love the view from down here." :happy:
    haha omg I found this so funny. My boyfriend is 5'4 an I am 5'8.
  • rkleine74
    rkleine74 Posts: 19
    Options
    6 feet even, and I wear heels occasionally.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    today just keeps getting better..... sniff sniff.....someone told me " I feel sorry for people like you" like me??? what about me?? " oh honey your so tall, it must be hard for you to find men to date" HUH??? I am married and my husband is my height...."yes but it still must be hard to tower over everybody".... can I just open a can of red neck whoop *kitten* on her???? (ps she was only about 5"0" flat and I have on my 4" heels so I am 6'2" today so I probably scared her when I walked in---but still)

I hope you stepped on her!
  • skay_
    skay_ Posts: 3
    Options
    6 feet here!
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6 feet tall! I have 65lbs to lose, I'm thankful for my height to help disperse all the extra baggage! :tongue:
  • pangsofbeauty
    Options
    5'9"! I seem to be on the short end on this forum! Love it :)
    I love heels IMMENSELY however I am suffering
    From a severe stress fracture in my right foot
    I have been out of work and unable to work almost all year :(
    Ya that doesn't make weight loss harder *eyeroll*