Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm from Walnut Grove, AL in Etowah county! I'm in nursing school at Wallace State in Hanceville, AL! Working to lose around 90 pounds!
  • aleeciafryer
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Aleecia from Montgomery, AL. I am 28 years old and mother to 3 beautiful daughters (3, 6, & 9 years old). Today is my 1st day on this site & I am hoping and praying I am able this year to lose weight and tone much needed areas.
  • msjessc
    msjessc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm from Walnut Grove, AL in Etowah county! I'm in nursing school at Wallace State in Hanceville, AL! Working to lose around 90 pounds!

Too Bad you aren't closer to Southside. :(
  • amandadbenson
    Options
    Roll TIde! I got tired of the lose weight/gain weight roller coaster and opted to have the gastric sleeve surgery on 11/12/2012. I went through six months of research, dr check ins, nutrition counseling, psychiatric evaluation, blogs, googles, etc. I feel like I made the best choice for me. I have lost a total of 58 lbs as of yesterday! My doctor wants me to lose 48 more, but we will see if that feels right for me. I really do not want to look like one of those malnourished child posters. I have more energy, enjoy shopping for new clothes in smaller sizes, and talking with other people who have gone through the WLS process. We all need encouragement for those ups and down days! I live in Valley, Alabama which is very close to Auburn. However, I bleed CRIMSON!
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rachel and I live in the Boaz area. I have lost 9 pounds since the 1st of January and it is coming off slowly but I really don't mind. After years of losing and gaining, I am figuring out what is best for me. I have put myself on a 1200 calorie a day eating schedule. I don't like the word diet. It is a lifestyle change that I am making and at 50yrs, it's about time. My husband is very supportive and that helps tremendously. My biggest problem is my job at school has me in a chair most of the day. I am making myself get up and MOVE! Looking forward to being in this group.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    hey! I'm from Birmingham! I'm 24. I love music and dancing! if you want, add me! :) I'm looking for people who are highly motivated and need a friend! :)
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Hello kendall! You live in my area. How is the weightloss going?:smile:
  • rach2531
    rach2531 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi~ My name is Rachael and Im from the Albertville area in Northern AL~ Would love some motivating friends from around my area. :)
  • bamalady1967
    Options
    Hello I am not new here just havent been using it. I am from Pell CIty and I am a single mom with 3 still at home. I need some buddies for this journey.....

Please add me!
  • kristendabbs
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristen 26 yrs young mother to 3 littles under the age of 6! Im living in Prattville. Trying to lose around 100lbs and tone up! Good Luck Everyone!!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristen 26 yrs young mother to 3 littles under the age of 6! Im living in Prattville. Trying to lose around 100lbs and tone up! Good Luck Everyone!!

Hey Kristen,

I am 27, living in prattville as well.Looking to lose 20lbs. Thinking of joining the Y. If you ever want someone to work out with , especially on the weekends ( as I am horrible at it) message me !

Brenna
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Hey Kristen,

I am 27, living in prattville as well.Looking to lose 20lbs. Thinking of joining the Y. If you ever want someone to work out with , especially on the weekends ( as I am horrible at it) message me !

Brenna
  • clbowen86
    clbowen86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Crystal from Dothan. I was on MFP a little while back, but kind of got away from it. I'm back now and I'm ready to see some results! Anyone from the Dothan/Houston County area on here?

ROLL TIDE! :)

PS
    Sorry...didn't mean to reply to a message! I was trying to post on the board..oops. :-/
  • CarlaPhillips22
    CarlaPhillips22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm from north Alabama and trying to find people I know and/or people I have stuff in common with. I am a stay at home mama of 2 under 3y...after being a single working girl. 1 of my kids is prone to febrile seizures. I'm tired all the time so as much as I'd love to exercise more...I'd rather nap or watch an hr of noncartoon tv while they nap lol.
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Yeah!! I finally found the Alabama group!!! My name is Jenna I live in Trinity Alabama just outside of Decatur and Huntsville. I am 40 years old (till next week) and on a mission! Looking for like minded people who are about getting healthy and enjoying life. I have been over weight most of my adult life and I am looking to change that! I started my current mission November 18, 2013 and have lost 18 thus far. I look forward to meeting some more people around here! Add me if you wish!!! I would love the add'l cheering section and you too will get the same :)

Happy New Year
    Happy New US!!
    Jenna
  • sherrygaither
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sherry from Alpine, AL. I hope to lose 50 lbs that I gained over the past nine years since I got married to my wonderful husband that loves to cook. I am new to this scene and have purchased a Fitbit that I should be receiving tomorrow. Hopefully with the combined MFP, Fitbit Flex, the Wii, and a support group like this, I will be able to reach that goal.