Everyone's numbers/routine

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    A multi, iron, and calcium. CLA and L-Carnitine. Whey protein. Resveratrol and a glucosamine/chondroitin blend. Zyrtec. :smile:

I am still in fat trimming with an eye on changing some aspects of my shape. I want to build up my delts and glutes, so I don't look all shrunken when I'm done. That is my next phase, after I get my BFP down some. I am using some of the principles of The Abs Diet book (Men's Health), plus stuff my hubby and I like. We are both former AFAA certified personal trainers, but let our certs lapse for different reasons.

I do weight some of my ab exercises, because I actually like my abs slightly muscular. I've had a lot of people in the gym warn me against doing it so as not to bulk them up. Uh huh.

Feedback is so WELCOME. Please let me know if I can tweak this, or if you see something that needs changing. So here is my routine:

M,W,F
    Start with an ab circuit (15-20 reps, one set):
    Decline bench crunch (arms extended overhead)
    Hanging leg raise (no straps, legs fully extended and brought up to hands)
    Weighted obliques (on back extension bench) 10 lbs
    Swiss ball Pikes w/push-up
    Weighted back extension 15 lbs

Then, a total body circuit designed to keep my HR raised (12-15 reps, three sets):
    Incline bench fly 20 lbs
    Assisted pull-ups (Assisted with toe on bench, to keep from swinging while I do as quickly as possible. Palms in, so I guess I mean chin-ups? Never can remember. I can do about three unassisted.)
    Dead lift/upright row combination 35 lbs
    Squats/standing military press combination 20 lbs
    1-2 min of either jumping rope or BOSU

Then, 45-75 min of cardio of choice.

T, TH
    two-point plank (60 sec/side) or Swiss ball plank (90 sec.) 3 sets

Then, 3 sets of circuit:
    Bicep curls/”clock lunges” combination-15 lbs, 8 reps per side
    Alternating-leg dead lift-25 lbs,12-15 reps per side
    Again, with the jump rope

Same cardio

Saturdays are just a shoulder circuit with front (15-20 lbs)/lateral (12 lbs)/rear deltoid (12) raises with jump rope at the end. Then...cardio. Mostly because Saturdays are game days for my boys.

Sunday is rest.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm 5' 9" and 156 lbs. Headed to about 145, with a Bod Pod test coming up next month to see where I am with body fat. I'd like about 18% I THINK. Still feeling my way with this.

I am able to bench press 70 lbs (not counting the bar), and I can leg press 300 lbs for 8 reps in a seated position. Never tried to max my squat before, so I am not sure about that. I am more of a stickler for form than 1 rep max. Whatever I can get up while maintaining good form and getting fatigued by the end of the rep is where I tend to land.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

Not trying to be argumenative, Id love to hear some advice, even if it is critical. getting a free BF test this afternoon to see where I am at. its just an electronic one, but I don't feel like spending $30 for a caliper test.

Hey Nick,

Where is Brook Park? I live in Plymouth, MN.

I actually agree with the previous advice. Based on stats+avi, I think you should consider bulking. If not now, then soon.

Brook Park is about halfway between the Cities and Duluth by Mora and Pine City.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be off topic but....

Aww... Lots of Minnesota peeps in this group! I'm from Minneapolis, myself. Just moved to California this last June. Feeling kinda homesick lately.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be off topic but....

Aww... Lots of Minnesota peeps in this group! I'm from Minneapolis, myself. Just moved to California this last June. Feeling kinda homesick lately.

Hahaha. I moved here FROM California.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Not trying to be argumenative, Id love to hear some advice, even if it is critical. getting a free BF test this afternoon to see where I am at. its just an electronic one, but I don't feel like spending $30 for a caliper test.

Hey Nick,

Where is Brook Park? I live in Plymouth, MN.

I actually agree with the previous advice. Based on stats+avi, I think you should consider bulking. If not now, then soon.

Near Hinckley.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My main Supplements are: Whey protein, Glucosamine, Fish Oil, Multi Vitamin, and a banana everyday.

With everything other than crunches, I do 3 sets of 15. Right now, since I have no spotter/buddy, I start with the higher weight and work down. I only test my max every 6 months or so.

Monday: Arms and Chest; Bench, Extensions, Curls, Pectoral Flies
    Tuesday: Off (Play Magic the Gathering with a friend)
    Wed: Back and Abs; Deadlifts, Rows, Lats, Planks, Weaighted Crunches
    Thursday: Off (More Magic)
    Friday: Legs; Squats, extentions, curls, inner/outer thighs
    Saturday: Off
    Sunday: Off

Everyday -
    - Some sort of cardio. Until the snow/ice comes, I try to do cardio outside as much as possible. In the winter, I have to do treadmill.
    - 200 crunches on stability ball

Goals: Burn away (a lot) more fat. Lift heavier and heavier. Goal (fantasy?) down the road is to compete in body building.

Totals:
    Bench:150
    Squat: 400
    Dead: 225
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Excellent squat!!

I bet you could deadlift alot more then 225. :) your squat says you can. ;)
  • Ukgold66
    Options
    Supplements CNP Protein

i,m trying to gain back what i,ve lost over the past 10 years since i stoped lifting weights.i workout 4 times a week and cycle 2 times a week about 20 miles each time.
    Mondays. Chest(bench+incline also Dbell press) and Arm (EZbar+Dbells)
    Tuesday.cycle
    Wednesday. legs(leg curls squats deadlifts) and calf lifts
    Thursday OFF
    Friday back and shoulders (Seated DBell Presses.Side DBell Lateral.Seated Dbell laterals.Dbell shrugs.
    Saturday.lower and upper back
    Sundays OFF

i started this about 30 days ago where i weighed in at 178lbs.since then i have gone up to 190lbs.
    i would like to put on about another 20lbs

right now i,m

bench 3x12 127lbs 3x4 180lbs max 1x 190lbs
    squats 3x12 150lbs 3x6 195lbs ( i know should be more waiting on my new rack)
    dead 3x12 195lbs 3x4 295lbs

i eat about 4500kcal a day some days its hard work lol.
    just a quick question to end this should i take more than 2 proteins shakes a day
  • grantacconda
    Options
    Seem to have posted this in the wrong area before...

Just joined this group. Im from Aus and use Kgs instead of lbs...

Height - 6ft 2
    My Current weight - 103Kgs
    My Goal Weight is - 93Kgs

Im stripping atm. Have about 20% bodyfat currently.

My lifts are;

Bench - 120Kgs
    Squat - 130Kgs
    Dead - 190Kgs
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but thought I would join. I just started UD2 so I am doing two volume workouts a week, then one heavier full body workout, stopping short of failure, and then one full body power workout a week. Loving it so far. Trying to cut bodyfat and maintain or gain strength.

Calorie breakdown is Monday-Thursday 1500 calories, Friday 3600, Saturday 4500, Sunday 3000.

All workouts I do one exercise per muscle group. One working set. Lots of Mike Mentzer, dogg crap influence.

Just did my first full body power workout Sunday and here are the numbers:

Dumbell bench: 100's for 18
    Weighted dips: 135 for 8
    Weighted chins: 45 for 7
    Upright rows: 115 for 8
    Squats: 210 for 15
    EZ bar curls:120 for 12
    Dumbell millitary: 75 for 9
    Bent rows: 225 for 14
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

For supps I have fish oil, and just started an EC stack. I thought about creatine mono (have some sitting in the cabinet too) Just unsure if it will do me much good at the moment.

Goals are just to lean out as much as I can until December, and then I plan on starting a bulk. I might reevaluate that depending on my body fat %

i know your post is from a couple months ago, but creatine is a great supplement when you're trying to lean out because it helps keep your strength up while you're in a calorie deficit.
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Mostly used a 4 day split but I'm about to start an HST routine.

6'4, 218
    Bench 260 x1
    Squat 270 x1
    Sumo Dead 365 x1

I know my leg numbers are a little low relative to my bench but my legs are big naturally so I don't really push them as I'm into aesthetics.
  • dane11235813
    Options

just a quick question to end this should i take more than 2 proteins shakes a day

depends on your goals. if you're trying to gain weight you could ADD in two protein shakes a day with all your other meals.
    if you're just looking to up your protein then you could make 2 shakes 'meals or snacks' in your daily plan. 3 real food meals and 2 protein shake snacks.
  • dane11235813
    Options
    here's my numbers. not that great for what i weigh. right now i'm considering training for a sprint triahlon, so i need to cut back on my lifting

supps....protein, creatine, sportpharma multi and joint supp, fish oil, BCAA during workout.

bench....haven't done bench in about a year. i'll do incline with 110 lb dumbbells X 6 for my last set
    squat.....have been doing front squat mostly maxed out at 275 lbs the other day. no idea what my back squat is these days
    deadlift....410 lbs
    power clean....i''ve done 225 lbs before, although last time i tried this weight it was an epic fail. 205 lbs was no problem. 225 lbs might as well have been 225,000 lbs.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    5'7" 174lbs. Been on a calorie deficit fsince I joined. Been SLOWLY losing weight for the last few years. ie.. lose 10lbs, then sit there for months. Join here and lose another 6 lbs very, very slowly.

BCAAs and whey protein

I don't have 1 rp numbers so:

Bench. Only got up to 185lbs for two sets of 6 reps.
    Squat. Always nursing a knee so I the best I do is 255lbs for 8 reps.
    Dead. Got up to doing 315lbs for reps of 4 but I keep losing my danged grip.

Note: I never bring my old thick belt to the gym so those are w/o a weight belt. But it looks like I need to start bringing it with me. Along with wrist straps.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    255x8 is no joke.

do you do an alternate grip on deads? use chalk? both helped me a ton.
  • 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I train on monday, wednesday, thursday, friday (or saturday) currently and do 2 warm up sets and 2 working sets.
    mon: squats/ calf raises
    wed: bench press (incline and flat)/ flys
    thurs: deadlifts/pull ups and chinups
    friday/ saturday: DB military press/ shrugs

set 1: 50% 1 rep max (10 reps)
    set 2: 70% 1 rep max (8 reps)
    set 3: 90% 1 rep max (4-5 reps)
    set 4: 90% 1 rep max (3-5 reps)

I only go up to triples at the moment, not tried a 1 rep max as yet.

Been training solidly for 2 months ( have trained on and off for 3 years, not consistently).
    -started at 17.5 stone - 40% bodyfat approx,
    -down to 10 stone (did not lose weight healthily and now im suffering for it as im skinny fat as lost alot of muscle)
    - been at around 13 stone 15% bodyfat for 2 years or so.
    -currently 185lb 15% bodyfat.
    -aiming to cut around 8lb slowly within the next 3 months and then to start a clean bulk after the summer.

Supplements: omega fish oil caps, CLA, whey isolate, glutamine, creatine (currently off for 3 weeks)

My lifts:
    Deadlifts: 4 x 242 lbs
    squat: 5 x 198lbs
    bench: 4 x 165lbs

Would like to start working towards my 1 rep max but have had neck injury problems in the past and want to build a solid base first.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Supps: Glucosamine, MSM, Chondriotin, Live52, ECA, Tribulus, Erase, Assault, Beta-A, BCAA, Creatine, Fish oil, CoQ10, Animal Pak, Prenatal.

Routine:
    Monday: Dead-Lift and assisting muscles
    Tuesday: Bench and assisting muscles
    Wed: Rest
    Thursday: Squat and assisting muscles
    Friday: Pendlay Row and assisting muscles
    Saturday: Oly lifts, Dynamic Lifts, Rock climbing, Snowboarding, Vanity
    Sunday: Rest

Goals: Now in cut phase, looking to lose 20 pounds in the next 3 months. Doing it very slow to protect gains.

Totals:
    Bench:265
    Squat: 335
    Dead: 455
    Snatch: 185
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Here's an update. I've made good progress. Loving the hell out of this!

Before (11/08/11):
    squat: 190 x 5 x 3
    bench: 150 x 5 x 3
    deadlift: 235 x 5 x 1
    (overhead) press: 85 x 5 x3 (i think.. don't have my notes here)
    power cleans: can't remember... still getting the form down.

Current:

squat: 235 x 5 x 3 (best was 245, but due to injury and form problems brought it down and now working back up)
    bench: 177.5 x 5 x 3
    deadlift: 295 x 5 x 1 (300 right around the corner baby!)
    ohp: 97.5 x 5 x 3 (i have broken 100 before, but somehow i lost strength here?)
    power cleans: 120 x 3 x 5 these are very sloppy at this weight. i need to take it down a notch.