Instruments...

Options
1235»

Replies

• PowerShelf
    PowerShelf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    guitar for a mere 4 years. been in 2 bands that made it to production in which i did vocals & guitar. will play anything, but ska and punk (+ anything celtic) is home territory :) bass on and off(never owned one), learnt some drum basics off my sis and own a jade flute and tin whistle.
  • KittyCatttt
    Options
    I've played the flute for 4 years and I'm just doing my grade 6
    I've played the piccolo for 2 years and I'm not doing any grades
    I've played the alto sax for 3 years and I'm just doing my grade 3
    I've played the clarinet for 2 years and I'm just doing my grade 2
    I've played the piano for 4 years and I'm just doing my grade 6
    I'd love to learn another instrument but I don't know what!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Vocals. Always sang, longer than I remember. More recently, joined a band last year as it was always something I wanted to do. Now performing once a week or so at open mics, our own gigs and at the university!
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Played guitar for 18 years now but these days I'm more of a singer. Passed my grade 5 vocals and grade 5 music theory just before Christmas.

Have played in bands over the years and am currently starting one with me as the singer for the 1st time. :D
  • jayneliz
    jayneliz Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Glad to find a group I can relate to. I have been playing piano for 42 years, since I was 5. I majored in music education in college, but have only taught piano lessons with that degree. About 10 years ago, I took up the harp. I am married to a fabulous guitar player. The fun of our relationship is that he plays by ear and I play mostly by music, so we push each other out of our comfort zones all the time:)
    Somehow I ended up as a church music director, lol. Trying to lead a choir and I am not much of a singer. I play in a trio: harp, harp guitar and cello which is too much fun! Play lots of events and stuff like that.
    Check us out at: http://www.youtube.com/user/musicallyyoursnc?feature=mhee
  • alyssamarie6389
    Options
    I started off playing the clarinet when I was 10, switched to the oboe when I was 12, and have been playing ever since (I'm almost 24). I also sing soprano/mezzo. Went to school for music ed as an oboe major/voice minor. I play in two community bands and am starting up a woodwind quintet with members from one of those bands. Love, love, love music!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Bagpiper here. Though I've heard them all my life as my cousins pipe as well, I picked them up in earnest maybe 20 years ago. Now I do mostly solo gigs but also compete wtih a band. Did a couple performances on stage with The Chieftains. Our band competed at the World Pipe Band Championships in Glasgow a few years ago and made the prize list, which was a thrill. Hoping to head back to Scotland again next year to compete again.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    piano - 26 yrs
    violin - 23 yrs
    clarinet - 16 yrs
    Irish tin whistle - coupla yrs
    uke - a little while
    guitar - 1 yr
    sing - a little while
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sang almost since I could talk, playing guitar for almost 15 years, drums for a few short years, i have a fendar jag, a few ibanez, peavy's , a vox, pearl drums, **** a lot of gear lol
  • anastasiabeaver
    anastasiabeaver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i do folk and blues. i call it flooze
    acoustic guitar , mando, vocals, diatonic button accordion
  • Karlynn1993
    Karlynn1993 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a trumpet player since I was 12 and have continued to do so now that I am 20. I am currently studying music at Queen's University, in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Any fellow trumpet players, feel free to add me :)
  • Karlynn1993
    Karlynn1993 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    error.
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I sing and play guitar. I'm not super great at guitar but I like to think I'm a decent singer. I have a few tracks up at soundcloud.com/mavila1978. All my lyrics are written by me and most of the music.
  • alyssamarie6389
    Options
    I've played the oboe for 12 years, been singing for as long as I can remember (but only studied privately for a few years in college), and can play the basics of just about any instrument (thank you, music education classes). I absolutely suck at piano and stringed instruments, but those are the ones I wish I could play the most. I'm also a karaoke junkie, and I'm working on some covers with a friend of mine to play at open mic nights.
  • vanella96
    vanella96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Flute for eight years. I'd say I'm pretty good at it. I think I'm going to try a movement from Mozart's Concerto in D next.
    Voice (alto naturally, but wide range to high soprano if needed) for about three years or so.
    Piccolo for two and a half years now.
    Alto sax for about eight months or so. Basically a beginner.
    Amateur at piano and clarinet.
  • gquesnelle
    gquesnelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Tuba, Bass, and Keyboards here. Pretty rusty on tuba, haven't had the chance to play one in 4 or 5 years.

Here's my "Portable" Rig now that I'm back in my hometown working for the summer.

r3edndcq6csq.jpg
  • GrandpaGroovy
    GrandpaGroovy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Guitar most of my life, I'm 60 now. Writing my own tunes for the last 3 years. Got tired of playing , or should I say copying others music, wanted to see what was inside of me. Have a small home studio in Ocean City, Maryland. Writing anything that comes from the heart, so far, so good.