Motivation and Support

Options
2»

Replies

• gvuletic
    gvuletic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and need to lose 65 pounds. I'm impressed that you lost so much already! How did you do it? I'm sure you'll lose another 5 pounds sooner than I will!!:happy:
  • Synryo
    Synryo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I'm 19 and I'm 5'1. I started out 142 (my heaviest ever >=[ ) and am down to 135. 25 pounds to go until my goal weight. I hate that being so short makes every pound seem like five. Us shorties really have to work a lot harder to look normal! Would love any extra support from people in similar situations =)
  • Mauigirl62
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 61 years old and 5 feet tall - I hit my highest weight EVER last year (178!) and managed to get down to 172 but was stuck. So I joined MFP in January and have already lost 3 lbs. and am under 170 for the first time in a couple of years. I am doing pretty well keeping to my 1200 calories (it so sucks that we short people get such few calories!), mostly by giving up wine! Yes, I used to drink every day. I figure my liver will be grateful as well as the rest of me. At any rate, my biggest problem is motivation to exercise. They always say to find an exercise you enjoy - well, I don't enjoy ANY exercise, not even walkin my poor dogs. (They take forever and it really doesn't give ME any exercise when they stop and sniff every tree). I went back to a "gentle yoga" class I used to go to, which meets once a week, but I know that isn't really exercise in terms of burning calories. It's good for me, though, as it helps my balance and muscle tone and gets me into the right mindset for healthy living. Hopefully I will get more motivation as the weight comes off and I feel more energy.