Welcome to OKLAHOMA!

Options
juleseybaby
juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
Hey all! I noticed that the groups had come around and did a search but there wasn't an Okie group yet.

Troy and AuntSusie - since you two appeared pretty often on the Oklahoma Common room topic - I set it up so that you were moderators. Also - Troy - I set up for you to be able to edit the group.

I left the group as public so that other Okies can find us. I tried to add everyone that said they were from Oklahoma on that topic. If I missed anyone it was not on purpose!!

If you guys want to add anything to the description or make other changes just give me a shout.

Welcome to all Okies!!

Replies

• MartiJJohnston
    Options
    HEEELLLLOOOOOOOO!! Let's get this party started! :glasses:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi! OKC here. Hope there are lots of Okies!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    So as a mod, do I get to ban people or issues citations??? :wink: And do I get a say so in the fact that the OU symbol appears first??

Ok, just kidding. I will just bask in the knowledge that my beloved Cowboys are ranked #2 right now in the polls!
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!! Between tornadoes, earthquakes, snowmageddon, and the hottest summer ever....... I'd say us Okies are STRONG!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    And do I get a say so in the fact that the OU symbol appears first??

Ok, just kidding. I will just bask in the knowledge that my beloved Cowboys are ranked #2 right now in the polls!

LOL! That was what I found on the fly... if you find one that has OSU first we can sure switch one of them. And yes - the Cowboys are doing GREAT! :smile:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks juleseybaby!!!!! Finally have groups. Great work; it is much appreciated. You rock!!
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite jules, hello to everyone. It is so good to have local friends.
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Okies!!! :)
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! From south central Oklahoma--Durant. Any other runners in here?
  • Troy67
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    Live between Yukon and El Reno near Banner. Work at Integris Baptist Medical Center. Nice to see everyone here and hope more can join us.
    Smart, I am gradually trying to become a runner. Did the c25k regimen and now just concentrating on reducing my time each run. Today I actually did 30:12. Have learned that if I use my asthma inhaler 10-15 minutes before the run, I no longer feel that paramedics should be on hand. LOL

Troy
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    Live between Yukon and El Reno near Banner. Work at Integris Baptist Medical Center. Nice to see everyone here and hope more can join us.
    Smart, I am gradually trying to become a runner. Did the c25k regimen and now just concentrating on reducing my time each run. Today I actually did 30:12. Have learned that if I use my asthma inhaler 10-15 minutes before the run, I no longer feel that paramedics should be on hand. LOL

Troy

You've been improving in leaps and bounds with your time. You totally kick my butt for sure! I downloaded the Galloway 10k app today. I'm ready to amp it up a little, despite my slow time. I'll be running marathons by the time I get to goal! :-D

You should sign up to do the Warrior Dash with my sister and me next April. I think we're doing that one weekend, and doing the half marathon (gulp) at e OKC Memorial run the following weekend.

It would be awesome if all you Okies wanted to meet up and run!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I am a wanna-be runner! I did C25K a couple of months ago and could pretty easily run 4-5 miles after starting on the 10K program, but then stopped due to crazy work/school/internship/homework/family time schedule - it is amazing how quickly our bodies adjust to NOT doing it! I am having to start all the way over again! My body said "oh hell no!!" LOL
    So, let's kick some booty!! I live in the Moore area, work at Red Rock Behavioral Health Services in OKC, and go to school at UCO in Edmond.
    Nice to meet you all!!!

Susan
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ice is in the house!

So glad to see an Oklahoma group!

For you runners - I'm not a runner but I am an RN, so if you decide to participate as a group in a running event lemme know, I'll be on hand to hand out water and such!

Woot woot!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • bw7286
    bw7286 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello from Altus! It's nice to have an Okie group...so glad this got started. :smile:
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Oklahoma-my husband works at Tinker. I haven't met anyone yet and rarely leave the house but just started P90X. :)
  • Troy67
    Options
    Welcome to essjay75, bw7286 and Ice. Glad to meet some fellow Okies.

Smart, I will proably do the Warrior Dash that day. I figured by the Spring I would be up to actually entering some 5ks.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I'm new to Oklahoma-my husband works at Tinker. I haven't met anyone yet and rarely leave the house but just started P90X. :)

Did P90X.....loved it!!! Welcome to Oklahoma!!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Anyone else in the Moore area!? I live in Moore and recently started going to Moore Fit Body Bootcamp. I am loving it!!! GREAT workout!!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Mac and live in the Shawnee area. I teach at COJC and have five kids. My gf also has a daughter so in a way we are the Brady bunch. Hope to get to know some of you.

As for you cowboy fans, enjoy your ranking while you can. BOOMER SOONER!
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anyone else in the Moore area!? I live in Moore and recently started going to Moore Fit Body Bootcamp. I am loving it!!! GREAT workout!!

I'm also in moore.....I was wondering how it was!
    (and thanks for the welcome!)