Exactly how tall are you?

Options
1235»

Replies

13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    Exactly? 5' 10 1/4'' but my ID shows that I am 5' 11''. lol I used to be 5' 10 3/4'' but my weight has compressed me a bit. lol I've always been self-conscious of my height because every girl I met when I was younger was shorter than me, but I am beginning to enjoy it now. I just REALLY wish that my feet were smaller. Depending on the style and brand of shoe I wear anything from a size 10.5 to a 13. I am hoping that with weight loss my feet will get a bit smaller because a loss of a couple shoe sizes would be fantastic. :smile:
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and a quarter or so. Is anyone out there the only tall person in their family?? I am taller than my parents and my brother.
  • shellbee381
    Options
    Yep...Me ...5'101/2"...since age 15 or 16. Mom is 5'4" maybe less. Dad is same as me about 5'10" to 5'11". Bro the shorty, 5'8"!
    He's also 5 yrs youngr and always wanted to be taller than me....still never happened LOL!
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5'11" and I also love it :) Not at first but now I truly am embracing it.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10 and 3/4 so I just say 5' 11". It was hard growing up as I was 5' 9" in the sixth grade and always the tallest girl in school. I don't notice my height as much now unless someone is a lot taller than me or a lot shorter than me.
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'11 :)
  • bharris78
    bharris78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 tall on the dot.

I was just measured at the doctor. The nurse (a shortie) had to stand on a chair. Oy vey.

That's solo awesome!
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    6-footer. Shortest in *my* family. Hubby 6' 4", oldest son 6' 5" and youngest son 6' 3"....actually never thought that day would come! :) ME? The SHORTEST?! :)

I was average all through school (actually kind of a runt) til I turned 12 or so. Shot up to 5' 7 and grew all through high school. Graduated early at 5 101/2. Went on growing in college. *Hated* the Bball programs listing me at 6' 2 or 3. Shrug.

Not going to lie....it was harder when younger. Guys just didn't seem interested in a tall thin girl. All my friends were *way* shorter!! Then, I got "okay" with being the tall one....made some friends on the college team that were actually *taller* ....met my hubby (significantly taller) and the rest is history. :)

NOW, I LOVE being tall. SOOOOOO glad that's how God made me! :)

BTW, do *you* notice how nice it is to see taller, older women when you're out and about? I LOVE that! I always try to share a special smile with them...thinking...."It was probably harder on you than me growing up, but look how "common" it is NOW!"
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    6-footer. Shortest in *my* family. Hubby 6' 4", oldest son 6' 5" and youngest son 6' 3"....actually never thought that day would come! :) ME? The SHORTEST?! :)

I was average all through school (actually kind of a runt) til I turned 12 or so. Shot up to 5' 7 and grew all through high school. Graduated early at 5 101/2. Went on growing in college. *Hated* the Bball programs listing me at 6' 2 or 3. Shrug.

Not going to lie....it was harder when younger. Guys just didn't seem interested in a tall thin girl. All my friends were *way* shorter!! Then, I got "okay" with being the tall one....made some friends on the college team that were actually *taller* ....met my hubby (significantly taller) and the rest is history. :)

NOW, I LOVE being tall. SOOOOOO glad that's how God made me! :)

Speaking of the secret smile... I always try to smile at tall women and girls just to say "hey tall sister" and they seem to avoid looking and being around me!! Please don't anyone do that... I think it suddenly brings out some of our insecurities to see another tall woman?? Are some of us in denial? Has anyone else noticed this? It makes me sad and then I start to feel insecure..Sigh...terrible cycle
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    BTW, do *you* notice how nice it is to see taller, older women when you're out and about? I LOVE that! I always try to share a special smile with them...thinking...."It was probably harder on you than me growing up, but look how "common" it is NOW!"

I'm one of those older taller women, and I LOVE to share special smiles with all tall women. Oh yes, it was tough back in the 50's - mainly tough because as a tall girl I had to be my own seamstress (they didn't make clothes for tall girls), and I often had to wear men's shoes on my size 11/12 feet!!!

So here is one of my favorite seamstress stories. In middle school, the girls had to take 'home ec'. Well, I could already sew a lot better than the teacher - I could make suits and coats, etc. Our first project was an apron. I bought white material with a fruity print, trimmed it with a green ruffle and top-stitched the ruffle in white. The teacher gave me a B on the apron. I asked why. Her answer, "You used white thread on your green ruffle." "So?", I asked. She answered, "If you had made a mistake, it would have showed". There was no answer to that logic - so I walked away and accepted my B.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have always loved being tall! My husband is 6'3 - and my 4 year-old daughter and 5 year-old son are off of the charts when it comes to their height. Can't wait to see how tall they are when they're older! I am the tallest woman in my family, but there are a lot of us over 5'8. As far as the men go, they are anywhere from 5'9 to 6'7.

My first roommate in college (we didn't know each other - just randomly paired by the University) was 6'1. I think we scared the other girls in the dorm! Lol! We were the Amazon women and I loved it. Great times!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a six-footer.

was 5ft. 9 in 9th grade
    5 ft. 10 in 10th grade
    5 ft. 11 in Junior year

Didn't get to 6 feet until I was about 40, which I still can't figure out, but I was measured last summer at a cool 6 feet.

Maybe I had short nurses too!

My husband is not quite 5, 10.

My daughter is 5, 7

My dad and brother are both 5, 11.

Mom has shrunk down a lot but used be around 5, 6. Sissy has too. She used to be about 5, 9 and is about 5,8 now.
  • MThornburg74
    Options
    I am 6'3"! I used to hate it, but then started playing basketball and loved it!! I was able to earn a full scholarship to play basketball in college...a huge help since I am the 3rd of 7 children and my parents really appreciated not having that expense.

I have two gorgeous little girls.... just beautiful. My 7 year old is 4'8" tall and my 2 year old is 3'4" tall. I know that they have the stigma and struggle ahead, but I constantly tell them how gorgeous and beautiful and perfect they are so that they can build their confidence now.

Love to hear about everyone in this group....good luck with your weight loss and fitness goals. I am working it!! I just want to be healthy again and get to the point where my girls can see a tall, confident, "in shape", and healthy Mama as an example and role model for them. :)
  • JNJN25
    JNJN25 Posts: 60
    Options
    I am 5'9 and I love it!
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 maybe 6'2.
    My 14 year old daughter is 6'3. Can't. Wait to see what my son will be.
    Their dad is 6'4
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    6 feet on the dot since I was about 15
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Topped out in 7th or 8th grade.
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and love my long legs but I do wish I were a couple inches shorter. I hate taking pictures and towering over all the other girls in the picture!!