Upcoming races

Options
13»

Replies

• JasonandMichelle
    Options
    So here's a question for the marathoners:

I'm running the Woodlands Marathon on 3/3/12. A good buddy of mine is running his first 1/2 marathon on 2/19/12 and wants me to join (the Rythm and Blues 1/2 Marathon in Houston, TX). My training program has me running 12 miles the day of the 1/2 race.

Should I join and run with him, or pass and just cheer him on? I'm fairly new to all this and my race on 3/3 is my first marathon EVER.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    So here's a question for the marathoners:

I'm running the Woodlands Marathon on 3/3/12. A good buddy of mine is running his first 1/2 marathon on 2/19/12 and wants me to join (the Rythm and Blues 1/2 Marathon in Houston, TX). My training program has me running 12 miles the day of the 1/2 race.

Should I join and run with him, or pass and just cheer him on? I'm fairly new to all this and my race on 3/3 is my first marathon EVER.

You can run the half (no problem running 13 instead of 12). The only issue is pace. Just be SURE to run at the pace you would do your 12 mile training run (which is likley much slower then your true half marathon pace and likely slower than your goal marathon pace).
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Running my first marathon in Vancouver :)
    [/quote]

Nice! New course looks great.
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I several hometown 5k's but I am going for Pittsburgh half Marathon in may:happy:
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Doing a resolution run on New years eve. Only 5K. Going to be a cold one.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Just officially registered for a half marathon in Cook Forest, PA on march 31. I think I am looking forward to that more than my marathon. I'm curious to see what kind of time I can get.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've got my big update now that the previous races I listed are in the bank... registered for the San Diego Rock 'n Roll marathon this June. Now I need to figure out what other races I'll fit in throughout my training plan! I've also registered for the George Washington Parkway Classic (10 miler) - it's just such a pretty local run!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Jon convinced me to run a 1/2 Marathon last month that I actually PR'ed. 1:54:42 and I picked up a random, local 1/2 Ironman distance race in March. I'm also thinking about adding in a IM 70.3 Austin for my Birthday in October as well.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a Irish 10k today in the D.C. area because it promises access to the MCM in October. 10k is in March.