Introduce yourself and your favorite firearms!

Options

Replies

• joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I carry. Glock 19 primarily and a Ruger LC9 on occasion. And I've been looking forward to reading "The Gravest Extreme." It's on my shortlist.

A great podcast to hear Massad Ayoob is the ProArms Podast: http://proarmspodcast.com/

They just had a really fascinating set of interviews with the deputies in Ohio that had to shoot the animals that were set loose from a few months back. Very scary stuff.
  • JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to get myself familiar with podcasts... as this isn't the first time its been mentioned (for various hobbies).

I'm always up for suggestions on reading material, especially the self defense type.

We've been talking about taking a professional class like Home Defense or Defensive Handgun. But our schedules never grant it.

One of these days......
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Definately make time for training. You'll pick up skills that will save your life and have a heck of a fun time doing it.

I'm a podcast adict. I listen to several for all of my hobbies and interests. If you use a smartphone, an app like Podtrapper will help you find and automatically download them. The best firearms and self defense podcasts in my opinion are:

Armed American Radio
    Down Range Radio
    ProGun Podcast
    Practical Defense
    Gunfighter Cast
    And sometimes The Survival Podcast (general prepper topics with self defense subjects often).

I hope you find some you like and I'm always looking for new suggestions.
  • JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definately make time for training. You'll pick up skills that will save your life and have a heck of a fun time doing it.

I'm a podcast adict. I listen to several for all of my hobbies and interests. If you use a smartphone, an app like Podtrapper will help you find and automatically download them. The best firearms and self defense podcasts in my opinion are:

Armed American Radio
    Down Range Radio
    ProGun Podcast
    Practical Defense
    Gunfighter Cast
    And sometimes The Survival Podcast (general prepper topics with self defense subjects often).

I hope you find some you like and I'm always looking for new suggestions.
    Awesome!! I have an iphone, so this should be easy to do. I need something to do (laugh) while on my breaks at work. Listening to this stuff will be nice for me. THANK YOU!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm Jan. I got my concealed carry permit in 2010 but waited on buying a handgun until the range we now belong to was finished being built. Hubby is not a real gun enthusiast but I told him I was applying for CC and if there was going to be a gun in the house he needed to get a permit and learn to shoot as well.

I have two firearms: a Remington 870 and a Taurus PT709. As far as a favorite...I'm still looking. Although I did shoot a Sig a while back that I loved but .40 cal. was too big for me. I've got my eye on the P229 next time around.

Love all the info I'm picking up in this group :).
  • AmysLeanIn13
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Amy and am from upstate NY. My husband got me addicted to shooting, just as a hobby of course! We live in the country so have the luxury of target shooting right in our back yard!

Currently he has a "few" different guns....

Remington 30.06
    Smith and Wesson .40
    Ruger 22
    .17 HMR
    AR15
    And others...too many to name. I just shot a friends Kimber 1911 pistol as well...very nice!

Recently for my birthday my husband got me the start to my very own AR15!! Like his, we're building mine. Right now I have the upper/lower reciever and grip. Many parts on order, but everything is on backorder these days, so its going to take time!

Here's a pic (sorry if I posted it wrong!).......

IMG_9655_zps4b2f8835.jpg

Looking forward to when its done!

Great group, thanks for setting it up!

Happy and Safe Shooting All!
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My name is Jess. I'm a 30 year old mom of 2, with an awesome Husband. As a family, we own several pistols and shotfuns, rifles and such. TODAY as a matter of fact-Hubby brought me home a Taurus .22 long barrel pistol!!! I'm superpumped to shoot it this weekend! He also got himself a Taurus .45. We let the kids should the .22 rifle and teach them gun safety to the fullest. Kids are 8&4.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Howdy all,

My name is Kurt, I'm from Wisconsin and we were fortunate to get the Carry Conceal law passed last year. I've been a hunter since I was about 5 years old. I would go with my Dad as he hunted, learned the ins and out of gun safety from him.

I now have a variety of firearms, including pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles.

My pride and joy is an Savage Arms 30-30 that was manufactured in 1899. That was my first deer hunting gun that my Dad got me.

I still love to hunt, as well as shoot trap and pistol competitively now and again. Typically go around to a lot of 'turkey shoots' in the area. Both my wife and I have or Carry Concealed Licenses, have taken make classes over time to keep on top of the game as it were.

We just acquired 20 acres of land away from it all for future retirement. Our goal is to put our own shooting range up at some point. But for now, there is an abandoned sand pit a few miles away that's perfect.

My motto is CANT (Carry Always Never Tell) where legal to do so :)

Edited to add: My favorite carry gun right now is a Springfield XDM 9mm 3.8" and my BUG is a Ruger LC9.

Thanks for the invite.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    hi im rex,
    1) 1850 double barrel shot gun and i love it

2) the marlin 30/30
    3030_zpse18ade19.jpg
    3)32 savage 1905
    32_zps26cb1abe.jpg
    4) 1874 sharps 4570
    4570_zps4fa43d6e.jpg
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My name is Samantha, and I'm 24. I was raised around all types of guns including rifles, shot guns and pistols. I was allowed to handle them since i was around 4 or 5 after i was able to recite the gun safety rules word for word. Never once did I have an accident or destroy any property.

My personal favorite is the Glock 19, but i have a G26 and access at all times to my dads G22 if necessary when he isn't on patrol. My other favorite, which i never had the fortune to shoot personally, was my brothers AR15 before he sold it.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Hellos!

I'm Jessy and I'm definitely still learning. It's only been 5 1/2 years since I shot my first firearm. Right now, I'm a pistol girl and really love the 1911 .45. Although I have a Glock 19 and am thinking about a 23 next year with my GSSF discount.

I told the bf that perhaps I'd be interested in trying one of his rifles. He lit up and started going on about making me my own AR. If he had a tail, I'm sure it would have been wagging on hyperspeed. Perhaps he will be able to sway me from my pistol love, but being in prone position really doesn't appeal to me... maybe after I've finished losing this weight and I have a perky skinny girl tushy. HA! ;)

On a random note, I'm also into primitive weaponry. Atlatl ftw. And just bought my first recurve bow.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mike. My favorite sidearm is my Glock 21. I carry it for work. I also have an AR-15 for work.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm John. I've been a gun nut my entire life. I have a few guns. Hard to say what my favorite is. I carry a SIG 229 in .357 SIG every day but it's definitely not my favorite.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I'm David from gun-hating Massachusetts where the local police chief gets to decide if you can carry or not. I am fortunate to have a high capacity license (everything but fully automatic).

I really like handguns that best, however; I have a Bushmaster and a Romanian .408 for long rifles. My favorites are the .50 cal Desert Eagle, the Glock .45 with a laser scope and for day-to-day carrying my Kel Tec .32. I also have a Glock .40 a Baretta 9mm and a Walther P-22 .22 cal. I also enjoy shooting my friends S&W 9mm and his Ruger single action .357.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My name is Eric and I am deaf. I love Glocks as I am in Glocktalk.com. I am a CrossFitter and Paleo/Primal.

I am also a prepper. That should sum it all up for me. :)

If you have to shoot at someone, always shoot to kill.
  • B1gH0g
    B1gH0g Posts: 361
    Options
    John here. I like all types of firearms. I also enjoy target shooting and hunting. I'd have to say my favorite firearm currently is my Ruger GP 100 6". It's fun to shoot. My friends that I shoot with, all ask me to bring it whenever we go to the range. As a matter of fact, headed to the range when I get off work today.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As luck would have it, I just had my gun log out for the renewal of my C&R license to help refresh my memory.

American Model 1917 Enfield in 30.06 WWI
    German Mauser 98K in 8mm WWII
    Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 7.62x54r
    Czech CZ52 7.62x25
    Isreali Mauser .308
    Czech CZ82 9x18 mak Second choice for conceal carry
    Spanish Star Model Super 9x21 Largo
    Finnish Mosin Nagant M39 7.62x54r with no drill scope mount 1.5" groups at 100 yds wit 50s surplus ammo.
    Russian Mosin Nagant Dragoon 91/30 7.62x54r
    Yugo VZ24 Mauser 8mm
    Russian Mosin Nagant 1891 7.62x54r
    Bersa Thunder 380SS .380 My primary conceal carry.
    S&W .32 revolver from 1930s
    Ruger 10/22 extremely customized tack driver. Sub 1" groups at 100 yds.

Plenty of ammo for each for a day or 5 at the range
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Very much a shooter here. Prefer pistols, specifically those built on a 1911 frame, and have several in the collection.
    Don't do a lot with long guns but do have a few, including a Ruger 10/22, Bushmaster AR in .223. and a nice old SKS paratrooper model.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    New to this group. I like Glock handguns and AR15 rifle platforms! Glocks are simple and always combat ready. I don't shoot much for sport (as in competitive shooting). I train a lot with my handguns and rifles in preparation for a combat (life threatening) situation. Glocks are great because when you pull the trigger, they go bang, as long as you maintain them properly.

My rifles consist of a Colt LE/Gov't AR15 with red dot optic, 2pt sling and Streamlight flashlight. It is my "house rifle". My other AR15 is a Smith and Wesson M&P15 MOE. It has an Aimpoint Comp ML2 red dot, tactical sling and Streamlight flashlight. It is my patrol rifle. I also have two scoped hunting rifles; a Remington 270 and Weatherby 30.06.

Other handguns I own and carry are a Ruger LCR, Ruger LCP, Glock 27, Glock 22 (my duty gun) and my favorite handgun; a Sig Sauer P230 .380. Love that gun!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Bill from Florida.
    I would say that my favorite was the old M-16A1 which was my issued weapon while serving.
    I eventually went to the A2 but, the three round burst, in my opinion, has something to be desired.

My favorite that I personally own (and still do own) is my old Police special S&W .357 Magnum. It was my Fathers pistol back when he was on the force.