Hey everybody!! Welcome!

Options
ansleya
ansleya Posts: 192 Member
I'm Ansley. I am from Omaha! Welcome to everyone all across the state!! I just wanted to get us all in one group and maybe we can share ideas or places that will be helpful to us! And we can chat about stuff!

So, post away!! Thanks for joining!!

~Ans~

Replies

• GoodIntentions
    Options
    From Lexington! Thanks to this wonderful state we call home, I tend to gain weight in the winter....and then have to bust my dimply bum in the spring to make up for all the damage I caused. Would like to avoid that this year, but seems like this may be my worst year yet. I have gained nearly 8 lbs in the last 2 months and am disgusted with myself. Would definitely love to have some new-found friends for support and motivation!! :smile:
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    Hey there fellow Nebraskans! I'm actually from Minnesota, but I've lived in Nebraska for the past 2 years, and am married to a native, so here I am! I live in Seward and work at UNL, hoping to move TO Lincoln within a few months (it all depends on my husband's job).

I gained about 50 pounds when we moved here. I didn't have a job, friends or any hobbies down here, so I feel into some pretty awful habits. Now that all of that has changed and I've come to love life in Nebraska I am determined to get back to the old me!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sarah, living in La Vista! I grew up in Bellevue, moved to VA for 2 years in high school, then moved back here.

I have a lot of weight to lose, and I'm looking forward to all the support and friends I can get :)
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! I'm Loree. I actually live in Missouri Valley, Iowa, but I work in Blair, Nebraska, and graduated from UNOmaha.

I pay taxes in Nebraska... Does that count? :o)
  • ansleya
    Options
    Hi, All! I'm Loree. I actually live in Missouri Valley, Iowa, but I work in Blair, Nebraska, and graduated from UNOmaha.

LOL sure it does!

Welcome everyone! I can't get our little sign to come up for our group. Grrrr Anyway, glad to see you all here. I've got clinicals this morning in Glenwood, Iowa! So I've got to scoot! Tell anyone else ya know about coming over here!

Happy Wednesday!

~Ans~
  • jennifer975
    jennifer975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jenny from Lincoln, and I've lived here my whole life. Just couldn't get away! :happy:
    I'm excited to get some local support and to give it of course!
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Hello!! I live in Omaha...grew up in Lyons. I'm a Wayne State Alum. So glad there is a Nebraska group :)
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello from GI! :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Sorry, I have to say this.. I hate Trev Alberts for what he did to the sports program there....... He should be outted for stripping those two solid programs.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Well, Technically I'm Missouri kid, but I live in that weird spot that is basically Iowa, Neb, and Missouri in the corner. 5 minutes to Nebraska, 6 minutes to Iowa from my house. We do our shopping and hanging out in Omaha, Auburn, and Nebraska City.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sarah, living in La Vista! I grew up in Bellevue, moved to VA for 2 years in high school, then moved back here.

I have a lot of weight to lose, and I'm looking forward to all the support and friends I can get :)

I love Stella's Burgers..... man I'm craving one of those now.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Sorry, I have to say this.. I hate Trev Alberts for what he did to the sports program there....... He should be outted for stripping those two solid programs.

I agree with this.
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey, all you Huskers!! I am from Marquette (yeah, thats a town in Nebreaska!). After college I lived in Dever and KC for a while, but have been back home for 13+ years now and lovin' it. Good to see all the Nebraska people here on mfp.
  • ansleya
    Options

Oh MAN Seriously?!?!?! Now I want one! lol
  • lizlashley09
    Options
    Hey I am orginally from the sandhills north of North Platte in a town that had hardly any people but I was very active through all the sports since there was not much to do. Though time, life and jobs I have now made my way to Bellevue, NE and going to nursing school with Ansley!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Oh MAN Seriously?!?!?! Now I want one! lol

MMM... Burger and some Lucky Bucket Beer.. (I prefer the certified evil!!!!) *BIG THUMBS UP!*
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Kearney. I lived in Lincoln for 8 years before moving here. I have family in NE but I grew up in Elizabethtown (Kentucky). I am glad to see a Nebraska group. I've never had a burger from Stella's, so I may need to make a trip.

I'm getting back into working out. Joined the Y and have been going regularly for a month. I enjoy variety with my strength training/toning workouts. I also like to run, do yoga, and join group fitness classes once in a while.

I teach yoga at St. Luke's Church in Kearney on Sundays if you are interested. No charge. Right now we meet 3:30-4:30. No class November 27. Starting in December we will meet 2-3 pm.
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I understand the disgusted feeling GoodIntentions. I try to remind myself that I am human and that I am always able to start new each morning. Keep up the good work.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I'm living in Kearney. I lived in Lincoln for 8 years before moving here. I have family in NE but I grew up in Elizabethtown (Kentucky). I am glad to see a Nebraska group. I've never had a burger from Stella's, so I may need to make a trip.

I'm getting back into working out. Joined the Y and have been going regularly for a month. I enjoy variety with my strength training/toning workouts. I also like to run, do yoga, and join group fitness classes once in a while.

I teach yoga at St. Luke's Church in Kearney on Sundays if you are interested. No charge. Right now we meet 3:30-4:30. No class November 27. Starting in December we will meet 2-3 pm.

Kearney is a great town. My son loves the kids activity center there. He have to drag from there kicking and screaming.
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Crystal from Lincoln. I've lived in NE all my life. Go Huskers!