Hey everybody!! Welcome!

Options

Replies

• crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jenny from Lincoln, and I've lived here my whole life. Just couldn't get away! :happy:
    I'm excited to get some local support and to give it of course!

Hey! We went to school together :)
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey I am orginally from the sandhills north of North Platte in a town that had hardly any people but I was very active through all the sports since there was not much to do. Though time, life and jobs I have now made my way to Bellevue, NE and going to nursing school with Ansley!

Tryon, perhaps? My sister and BIL used to work on a ranch north west of Tryon....loved visiting. The sandhills are so beautiful.
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! The Huskers game was great! It's windy and kinda cold here today. I guess it's gonna be cold all week:frown: I'm actually ready for some snow!
  • lorals05
    Options
    Hello everybody-glad I finally have some Husker fans to hang with on here!!! My name is Lori and I've lived all over the central part of the state. Was born in Lexington, grew up in Arnold, and now am living in North Platte.
  • ansleya
    Options
    Happy Weekend!! Welcome lorals05!

Is it cold where you guys are? Cause it is coooold here in Omaha! Brrr

Husker game: :cry:

Hope everyone is doing great!

~Ans~
  • lorals05
    Options
    Happy Weekend!! Welcome lorals05!

Is it cold where you guys are? Cause it is coooold here in Omaha! Brrr

Husker game: :cry:

Hope everyone is doing great!

~Ans~

Sorry it took me so long to get back-I don't get any notifications for group messages :)

Yes it was very cold. High was maybe 35 here. Wind seemed brutal, but maybe that's becuase we don't want winter to come ha ha.

Supposed to be a little nicer this weekend though!

Happy Thansgiving!
  • dawnrford
    dawnrford Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Where at in MN did you live. I lived in St Paul for a time growing up but have lived in Omaha the last 30is years. Still have family and friends there so go back as often as I can to visit.
  • dawnrford
    Options
    Hey there fellow Nebraskans! I'm actually from Minnesota, but I've lived in Nebraska for the past 2 years, and am married to a native, so here I am! I live in Seward and work at UNL, hoping to move TO Lincoln within a few months (it all depends on my husband's job).

I gained about 50 pounds when we moved here. I didn't have a job, friends or any hobbies down here, so I feel into some pretty awful habits. Now that all of that has changed and I've come to love life in Nebraska I am determined to get back to the old me!!
  • dawnrford
    Options
    ok...I must be a moron. How do you reply to someone specifcally? I thought I replied to one of you and I see my post just went to the bottom of the topic.
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think that reply feature is a little silly too. I notice some people start their post with the previous person's post or their name. Who knows if they notice or not.
  • dawnrford
    Options
    I think that reply feature is a little silly too. I notice some people start their post with the previous person's post or their name. Who knows if they notice or not.

I think I figured it out, though it's not easy. you click Quote then move to the end of the post and enter your response. it is pretty awkward.
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sara. I live in Omaha. Grew up in Bennington, went to Hastings for college. Nice to meet everyone. :)
  • dawnrford
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sara. I live in Omaha. Grew up in Bennington, went to Hastings for college. Nice to meet everyone. :)

Hi Sara. I live in Omaha too. What do you like to do to keep up on your fitness goals? I enjoy running. Nice to meet you and welcome to the group

1375796.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HI! I am a member of a gym, and I try to get there 5 times a week. My favorite thing to do is lift weights. I tried to enjoy running, but it turns out, I can't get past hating it. :) I still do it occasionally, in intervals on my long cardio days, but usually do the stairmill after lifting most days.
  • cmcravens
    cmcravens Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am from CA. and moved here last year. What a change. I am starting to adapt. I'm trying to lose another 50lbs, and very active. I go to the YMCA 6 days a week. I should say the most part, and I work and go to school full time on both. I love what I do, but its time for a career change, something stable and something that I can excell in. and yes I'm in Omaha. this city is nothing like where I have been born and raised in, It is much calmer and more enjoyable with out the snow that is......
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I think I figured it out, though it's not easy. you click Quote then move to the end of the post and enter your response. it is pretty awkward.

Thanks. I feel silly not getting it before. ;)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Nice to see all the Omaha people in here! I live by Neraska City, so happy the interstate is fixed from all the flooding!
  • vmcshannon
    vmcshannon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined this group today. I'm originally from Germany, graduated from high school in Bancroft, but live in Norfolk now.
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm Cindy. I have lived in Omaha my entire life, except for a year that I lived in Blair for work. But I'm back where I belong! I had mainly been in the industrial field of work, which has those long weird work hours, but after becoming a single mother, I needed more "banker" hours. So, I quit my great job, moved us back to Omaha and went to school for a year. Got my Associates in Applied Sciences degree (in Medical Office Management) and am now job hunting.

I have always been a little heavy. Now I'm just plain out of control. I've turned pre-diebetic and hypertensive. I have ostio-arthristis in both knees (usually my excuse for not exersicing....) and gout in the ankles. All this can be controlled---->if (when) I gain control of my weight.

My inspiration: My beautiful 2 Y/O daughter. I want her to be proud to show her mommy off. I want her to grow up self confident (no matter what size she is) and have the tools to control her weight, if she needs it.

It's great to be here.....friend me! :bigsmile:
  • ansleya
    Options
    Hello to Everyone that has joined! I, too, have been crazy busy! I go to school full time and I work part time, so I am always doing something.

I am in this group and in the Just Dance 3 group if anyone has the game and wants to join us!!

Is everyone enjoying the weather? I am afraid that since it's been so nice, we are gonna get dumped on eventually. :noway:

Gotta go dance now! Thanks for all of your posts! It is great to know that we are all over the state and going thru the same things :smile:

~Ans~