What are your weightloss goals?!
How many pounds have you lost?
Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Replies

• Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm Matt, I'm 22, male, 6ft 1, about 360lb. I obviously have a lot of weight to lose, but I don't know exactly what my goal weight will be. I just want to be happy with my weight. So far I haven't lost a lot of weight (about 5lb) but I have got a good deal slimmer, it's just the scale doesn't want to budge. I'm sure it will sooner or later. I can't keep losing fat and not losing weight forever.

Geeky things - I'm a huge video game nerd and when I'm not playing games I tend to be talking about them online. I'm even a moderator on a large gaming site.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I love long walks on the beach! :bigsmile:

Ahem, I'm Brandi, 40, female. I work as a computer support tech (a real geek!), and gaming is one of my beloved activities.

I'm a PC gamer (have some old consoles and a Wii, but don't really game on them), love building myself a nice gaming rig every few years (and upgrading the heck out of it as needed).

I play mostly RPG's and certain FPSers, like the Battlefield series, Call of Duty, FEAR series, STALKER series, Dragon Age series, Elder Scrolls series, etc. Haven't played any RTS or MMOPG's like WOW.

As for weight loss, I became 60 lbs overweight in my 30's, started having some health problems, and realized I did not want to go down that path. Got serious about losing the weight 2 years ago and am at 48 lbs lost right now. I'm fitter at 40 than I was any time in my 30's.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm Whitney. 24 years old. 100% female.

Back in the old days I RP'd on a message board type board thingger. It was an addiction that was only squelched when my home board shut down. Now I play RPG games on the computer and PS3. I enjoy the Dragon Age games, Final Fantasy, Persona, The Witcher, etc. I'm getting into the Heroes of Might and Magic games and I play LORTO, my first MMORPG! I love little big planet as well... who doesn't?!

I hope to lose 45 lbs (before re-evaluating) and I have lost almost 26 now (the official week's weigh in is tomorrow and so the ticker updates then!).

Walks on the beach are pretty awesome. Can't deny that.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Hi, I'm Jovia
    Or JoviAllTogetha
    Or Jovialation

I am a femme fatale.
    I have not and will not larp.
    I am FAR too impatient for RPGs, but I used to hang out on a TON of role playing chatrooms on AOL (HAHAHAHA aol...oh god. I lolled typing that)
    I've apparently lost 36 pounds. I want to be a tiny little skinny mini, but really as soon as my bf complains that my butt is too small Im going to start maintenance.

I play mostly first person shooters and horror games...and a TON of board games.
    Board games count as being a gamer, yes?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Name's Edward. 25 year old male nerd.
    My tastes are mainly into RPGs, along with the occasional FPS if I really like it. Still have much love for the older consoles and games that went with them. NES, SNES, PSX, Game Boy, etc. (was never much into Sega) SNES is definitely my fav' console when it comes to classic RPGs. So much win in that library. PSX is up there for me too.

Other than that, I'm already at my weightloss goal. My focus right now is strength training and toning. I think I accidentally did too much cardio and lost a good bit of lean muscle and I looked scrawny. So now I'm going to correct that. Oh, and I lost around 65 lbs total so far.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Melanie
    love video games. own a ps2, wii and a laptop dedicated to games. i play mostly oblivion right now. consider myself a nerd. i'm currently a network support tech for local government. love programming and messing with viruses.

my highest weight was 280. i'm still carrying around baby weight (and then some.) my daughter is 13 years old. (yes not 13 months) ;) lol right now i'm down about 20something from that. i originally wanted to be under 200 but now i would like to lose a 100 lbs even. i'll be happy with 199 though.

im a girly nerd though. love china glaze nail polish and moscato wine. recently started listening to country music. love horror movies and mobster movies. :)
  • rhiannonchallans
    Options
    26yo female from Australia.

Receptionist by trade, looking to lose the last 5 kilos (then see where we go from there).

I'm a PC RPG girl all the way. Also love my DS (pokemon games are still cool okay?) and, lately, facebook games. All time faves are Guild Wars, Diablo1/2, The Sims, Starcraft. Bit too jumpy to play shootemup games.

I sadly don't have a lot of time to game anymore due to work/gym/life but you bet your sweet bippy when Diablo 3 comes out I'll be MAKING time. Who needs sleep, right?

Love long walks on the beach...mostly at night because I sunburn like a motherlover.
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenn, 24 and a female.

I'm a roleplayer (text-based stuff) and a gamer. My favorite genre of games are RPGs and MMOs, with my favorite games being Morrowind, FFXI, FFIX, and Dragon Age. Alas, I don't game too much anymore. I'm usually too busy with work or writing. But I'll definitely be busy this weekend with Skyrim coming out. :)

My goal is to lose 79lbs and I've apparently lost around 3 so far. I'm pretty hopeful at the moment.

Oh, and I'm not a walk on the beach kind of girl. I've always hated sand. It gets everywhere and in everything. XD But who knows, if I ever get comfortable in a bathing suit, maybe that will change. :P
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah. I'm female and I'm 34. I've five feet one inch tall.

I love RPG's and MMO's. I've played so many I've lost count and sometimes they blur together. I mainly play on PC but do Final Fantasy and Magna Carta 2 on the PS3 and the Fables on the xbox. I also have a Wii which doesn't get much use as well as the Kinect which is more of a party game thing.

I started with Wolfenstein and Doom, graduated to Diablo and never looked back. Guild Wars, WoW, Aion, LotRO, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Mass Effect, KotOR, Dragon Age I and II, Titan Quest, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Vanguard, ect and so on.

When Diablo III comes out I will become a hermit.

I can't play FPS because I get motion sick and I have no sense of direction. I'm always lost and I LOVE to organize my continually overflowing inventory at inopportune moments :D

I'm an auction house *kitten* and I love raking in the gold/kinah/credits, etc. If the guild needs money, I'm your girl :)

Oh, and I need to lose 20 more pounds (already lost 12, Yay!).

I like pink, priests, crafting, duping and huge two handed swords.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!
    Jason
    Male
    Offline and On
    Isnt that online RP?
    loose 110 total
    Walk, run, lay on it. The beach is good anyway you use it.

Our house has three Xbx 360's, a wii, 2 PS3's lots of PC games, And we also play some serious DnD campaigns ('Original Advanced rules" and 3.5)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yakisoba
    Old
    Meat popsicle
    Sure
    Nope
    Something
    A few
    Applesauce
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Who are you!
    Ann

Age?

Female or male?
    Female

RP?
    Yep, board, tabletop, book & computer (some of these in the distant past, some not so distant!) Oh - by book I mean the old Fighting Fantasy series - I suspect those at the tender age of about 9 or 10 were my introduction into this whole other world :bigsmile:

LARP?
    Yep, in the past.

To get down to a weight I feel happy with & be way more toned & healthy (pretty much like everyone else here!)

42lbs this year :smile:

Walk on the Beach?
    Definitely, but I get to paddle in the sea too.

I am one of the souls waiting for Skyrim & also SWTOR... Hurry up Friday (and please mr Postman deliver my game on Friday!)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    - I'm Julie. I'm 32, female addicted to gaming! While I don't RP, I have crash several RP weddings in wow and caused a "commotion".

- I enjoy gaming so much that I met my husband in WoW. We were in the same guild and well we eventualyl found out we lived in the same city and now we are married. :D

- No LARP here but I do know someone who does and last I heard from him, he was making foam swords for his battle, lol! :laugh:

- I've lost 21lbs and looking to lose another 36lbs!

- Feel free to add to send me a friend's request! I motivate lol :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can call me AJ. I'm 30, female, 2 kiddos. I wasn't much of a gamer until I met my husband. My gateway game was Animal Crossing of all things -- I got him a copy for a gift and loved it so much I bought my own Gamecube. Then I stole his PSX and N64 and all his games for those systems, and played his PS2 every time I was visiting him for the weekend. It was a rapid downhill slide into addiction. :laugh: Neither of us gets to play as much as we'd like now that we have kids, but we're introducing them to games so we can all play together. My 5-year-old is a wizard at Kirby's Epic Yarn. She's beaten it twice all by herself. I couldn't be more proud.

No RP or LARP for me.

I lost 28 lbs, gained some back due to medication, and now I'm on my way back down. The plan is to reach a total of 30 to 35 lbs. lost.

I live in a landlocked state. No beaches to walk on. :laugh:
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Who are you!
    I'm Bryan, grew up in Chicago, went to the Army for a few years, worked in tech as a DBA, got outsourced twice, moved to Florida, and now I work as a financial advisor.
    Age? 33
    Female or male? I can write my name in the snow.
    RP? I have in the past, haven't played in a while, really wish I could find a worthwhile game in the area, but no one seems to want to do any... heathens.
    LARP? Once, it was a Vampire game, it was scary. No mas....
    What are your weightloss goals?! I want to be fit, I'd like to have some sort of abdominal definition, and be able to complete the Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder next year. If we are putting a number on it, approx. 220 or lower at a healthy BMI.
    How many pounds have you lost? I'm down 18 as of Monday, I won't be weighing again till next Monday.
    Walk on the Beach? I do live in Florida, and I do enjoy having company on the beach. So if anyone wants to join me, let me know! lol
  • xjeanie
    Options
    Who are you! I'm Jeanie!

Age? 25

Female or male? Female

RP? I troll RP servers on World of Warcraft. I'm a bad person. But yes, I play MMORPGs (more specifically, WoW!)

LARP? *giggle* NO! I have seen videos from that...I can't even do that.

What are your weightloss goals?! I'm gonna be a skinny ***** again!

How many pounds have you lost? 23! It's gonna take a while, but I'll do it!

Walk on the Beach? Of course. I live on the Gulf Coast in Florida =]!
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber, 27, and I is girl.

I RP every week with my friends around the D&D table. Or rather, Pathfinder. I only larped once ever, but I go to Origins every year. :)

I'm 5' 10" and as of this morning 202.4. My goal is to be down to 170, which is in the 'healthy' range for my height according to the horrendously outdated BMI Chart. :) I've lost about 18 pounds so far, but I'd lost more than that when I joined my martial arts class.

I've never seen the ocean, so beach is :(.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Who are you! Jen
    Age? 31
    Female or male? Female
    RP? Used to spend many a night RPing with my friends. Not so much anymore
    LARP? Nope
    What are your weightloss goals?! I want to lose 61 pounds and then re-evaluate to see if I want to lose 10 more
    How many pounds have you lost? 29 Woot
    Walk on the Beach? sure I live in Fl beaches everywhere
    I have all the old school systems except a sega. My current favorite game to play right now is House of the Dead overkill on the Wii. SOmething about shooting zombies after a crazy day at work is soothing. Hardest game Ive ever played was actually a limited edition nintendo game called Dizzy people who play this game have been known to sit in the corner for hours later rocking back and forth. lol
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Teresa, currently 39 years old, and female.

I blame my geekiness on my dad who gave me an Atari 2600 when I was in 4th grade.... It's been a long and nerdy road since then.

My current biggest time waster is WoW. I love MMORPGs. Got started on the genre when a friend introduced me to EQ shortly after Luclin was added. Played EQ for years until WoW came out. A bunch of my friends migrated there, and I eventually did too. Tried EQ2 briefly, but did not enjoy it.

I like other types of games too, but really don't spend that much time on them these days. I'll do some puzzle and word games on my phone or on Facebook, but that's about it. Still haven't finished Borderlands.... Oh, and I'll play on the Wii occasionally.

I've never LARP'ed. But I do play in the SCA and occasionally attend Sci Fi conventions. So I do make costumes and dress up funny. :laugh:

I also have an old school pencil and paper D&D game that I play most Monday nights. We play by 3.5 rules. Our current set of characters are around level 15. I've also played several of the White Wolf games (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage) in the past.

I started my journey to better health and fitness in August of 2009. So far I've lost around 80 pounds. I'd like to lose another 20 or so and reach what's considered a healthy weight for my height. I'm much more fit and active than I was when I started too, and definitely want to keep improving. Just bought a copy of The New Rules of Lifting for Women and hope to start that as soon as my shoulder is fully healed. (Doing PT now, so hopefully soon.)

I'm not a fan of the beach. All that salt, sand, and sun really do a number on my skin. It's much nicer to walk in the forest. Unfortunately since I live in the middle of Texas I don't get to do that very often. There are some nice parks to visit, but not much in the way of real trees.
  • maiituu
    maiituu Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mario (insert Super Mario Jokes here), I'm currently in the Air Force going strong for 10 year now, I'm 28 y/o married, sorry I don't RP or LARP, but I've been curios to attend those events just to say I've done it. I used to be a closet geek (all of my friends never had interest in Anime, games or anything in the Geek culture) but I opened up when I moved to Japan where I finally found casual gamers. I used to play Wow and FFXI but I quit about a year ago, now I mostly play FPS mostly COD and F.E.A.R. I used to weight 225lbs and currently weight 184-188, my weight is fluctuating because I'm gaining muscle from my strength work outs. Geeeeeeeeeeek on!