Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there~ :3

My name is Kendal. I'm a 21-year-old college student, originally from Ohio, but currently living in Kentucky.

I play mostly on Xbox (gamertag: inlandgoose) and my DS. Some of my favorite games are Bioshock, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon Pearl/SoulSilver/Black, Black Ops, Halo, DDR, Silent Hill, Legend of Zelda, Arkham Asylum, etc. I also have a World of Warcraft account, but it's currently deactivated (got bored with it a few weeks ago, figured I'd save the money). Some of my other interests include anime, manga, gothic lolita fashion, and cosplay.

As far as weight goes, in the past two years I've lost about 50 pounds. My current goal is to lose another 15 or so, but it's constantly a moving target. I have an eating disorder, therefore it's difficult for me to say just what my ultimate # would be.

Anyone with similar interests, please feel free to add me. :3!!
  • mike_devo
    mike_devo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Mike, I'm 22 graduating senior from South Jersey. I usually nerd it up with my online game Dofus. If I'm not there, then I'm on duty(GT: The OG DeVo). Miss the good old Halo 2 days..

My weight goal is to be 10 lbs heavier, trying to build muscle.

Feel free to add! :)
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Mike, I'm 22 graduating senior from South Jersey. I usually nerd it up with my online game Dofus. If I'm not there, then I'm on duty(GT: The OG DeVo). Miss the good old Halo 2 days..

My weight goal is to be 10 lbs heavier, trying to build muscle.

Feel free to add! :)

i long for my halo 2 days. things were much simpler+happier back then, haha. XD
  • mike_devo
    mike_devo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "i long for my halo 2 days. things were much simpler+happier back then, haha. XD"

I KNOW! I miss the big team battles.. having all my friends on, owning everyone.. that's the major thing I hate about duty.. WAY less skill
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Flavia, 24 from Delaware. I play World of Warcraft mainly, looking forward to Diablo 3. Playing on my Kindle some of the sillier games, do Farmville on FB even though that's not really a "gamer" game. I'm a big MMO fan, played EQ, Rift, etc. Keep coming back to WoW though.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Age?
    30 Year old Geek!

Female or male?
    Female

I absolutely love gaming in all its forms (XboX, PS, Wii, PC and Board)

What are your weightloss goals?!
    I am maintaining and toning :). Yay!

How many pounds have you lost?
    I have lost about 20 pounds total

Walk on the Beach?
    Absolutely!

I also enjoy comic books (although I wish I had more time for it!) and other geekery.

I was so thrilled to find out that there was a gamer group!
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    How ya all doin?

Name: Debs / irvinedbs from wet aul Northern Ireland
    Age? 37
    Female or male? Female
    RP? Fallout 3 - used to read the books too
    LARP? Never tried
    What are your weightloss goals?! To get my calorie intake under control and loose 14 pounds for starters
    How many pounds have you lost? This is my second day on MFP so....
    Walk on the Beach? Love walks on the beach, but where I'm from it rains most of the time so not quite the same sorta feelin!
    Love, love, love gamin - anytime, anyplace, anywhere!

:wink: x D
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Brandi, i'm 23 and female.
    I'm a pretty active gamer, I use to be a lot more into it but then i joined karate and don't have as much time anymore. Main games i enjoy are X-box - Halo(1,2,3), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dynasty Warriors, Metal Gear Solid 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Fusion Frenzy. Play Station - Pretty much every other Metal Gear game, Final Fantasy 7. Almost any Wii game. Any Zelda game!
    I really enjoy anime, i like to go to conventions and dress up. My next outfit that i am working on for next summer is a Twi'lek from Star Wars!

Weight loss goal is to get to 140 - 145lbs

So far i have lost 5lbs!
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    My name is Tiffany, I'm 28 and female.
    RP? YES!! lol I loved the Final Fantasy Series, Kingdom Hearts Series, Oblivion etc,..
    LARP? No, but I would like to give it a try!
    My weight loss goals are to finally have a baby, and to have confidence in myself (it's hard to with the PCOS)
    I've lost 14 pounds so far...I've done it before but always gain the weight back :(
    I'd love to take a walk on the beach! (Never been there before)
  • schexter
    Options
    Sup people!?

Brando here... 26 year old Male
    LARP? Hell no.
    RPG? Been on WoW since BC was released, and quit just as soon as I found about the panda invasion. Pandas... Really Blizzard?
    I now am a dedicated musician, student (going for a BS in computers, husband, father, and even more so a PS3 gamer. Currently on my game rack: Batman: Arkham City, MW3, BF3, and Skyrim.
    My weight is currently up at 245lbs. I used to do P90X until I took an arrow to the knee. lol. Na but truthfully, I am fresh off a foot injury and need to get back at it. With the foot still being tender, I'm going to just modify diet and do low impact cardio (gazelle) until my foot is back to health. I hope to get down to about 180 by my birthday in April, but not gonna stop there. I hope to lean out at about 165 and then maintain and tone. Hopefully no later than June. I started a week ago, and I've lost 5 lbs already. Man I'm hungry as !@#$ lol.
  • mrssmitty86
    Options
    let's see here :)

My name is Jess, I'm a 26 year old female.
    Hmmm RPG or LARP? Not so much. I'm more of a 1st Person Shooter kind of gal. Right now I'm playing Call of Duty MW3. And just finished up Alice Madness Returns. Yeah I know not really an avid gamer, but hey I try lol ;)
    I won't list my current weight on here, but I need to lose a solid 150 pounds to be smack dab in the middle of my healthy weight range - so that's my goal. I just started here on MFP, so I haven't lost any weight as of yet, but here's hoping to a healthy lifestyle change ;)

Walk on the beach? Believe it or not, I went there once and wasn't a fan. lol
  • Demwitted
    Options
    I am 28, and I love board games. My favorite game is Agricola, but Empire Builder is a close second. The games I am most likely to win are 7 Wonders, Masons, Innovation, and To Court the King. Someday, I will win Ticket to Ride. My husband and I have a pretty good collection.

I was introduced to board gaming by LARPing friends. I LARPed for about 4 years, but have fallen out of it. There was too much drama at every chapter we tried. Plot teams also played favorites like crazy. We'd show up, play hard, and donate stuff and we never got any love. After grad school got more serious for both of us, we decided that the financial and mental commitments were no longer worth it. I do miss it sometimes, but I do not think I'd ever go back.

I need to lose about 60-70 lbs, but not in the next 9 months as I am unexpectedly with child. It was sort of planned, but I honestly thought I was too fat to get pregnant and that it would not happen until sometime after more weight came off. My current goal is to gain a healthy 15 lbs over the course of the next 9 months. I've already lost more than that, so it's not so daunting a number to add back to my total.... other than the fact that there will be a small human to take care of when I'm trying to re-lose that weight.

Anyway, I should have a good baby bump going by our next board game con. I want to get one of those shirts that says ____LOADING :)
  • jakeschafer
    Options
    Who are you! Hey my name is jake
    Age?18
    Female or male? I hope you can tell im a guy ha
    RP?no
    LARP?no
    What are your weightloss goals?! To be 180-165lbs
    How many pounds have you lost?like a pound or two
    Walk on the Beach? Haha who wouldnt!
  • Firebird_Rising
    Firebird_Rising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm Mike, a 29 year old cubicle jockey. LOL

My gaming slants towards Nintendo systems (looking forward to playing Skyward Sword soon), and casual gaming on my PC (I'm a huge sucker for the "Humble Bundle" game collections - there's a new one out now, go check it out!). I also have a tendency to hang on to my past systems and revisit them from time to time (First gen Game Boy, SNES, PSX, PS2). I've never LARPed, nor am really into RPG's (I enjoyed Super Mario RPG back when, but I don't think that REALLY counts LOL).

My two other major geeky interests are Star Trek, and Transformers, but there's no need to go into those here. :-D

I recently had an epiphany about my health (detailed in my profile) and am embarking on a journey to whip myself into shape. I have no illusions that it will be a short process, but this time I'm willing to see it through! :-)
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Who are you! Hi, I'm Amanda.

Age? 24

Female or male? Female

As far as games go, I tend to play MMORPGs. Big ones are Final Fantasy XI, WoW, and Rift. Thinking about trying SWTOR. I still play FFXI.

I don't LARP.

What are your weightloss goals? I'd still like to lose about 15-20 lbs, but my main focus is building strength and becoming more fit instead of skinny fat. I started my strength training and nutrition regime in earnest about a month ago.

How many pounds have you lost? I've lost about 8 pounds since I started mfp. Since I've been doing strength training though, I think I've probably lost more fat and built more heavy muscle. Woohoo!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow geeks. My name is Chad. I'm a 34 year old married father of 2, and avid gamer since HS. I've always dug Nintendo console stuff, paper and dice RPG's, and tabletop minis wargames, as well as some of the more "gamer-oriented" odd card and board games (Cheapass Games, Last Night on Earth, etc.)

Currrently I have a stalled Shadowrun campaign, a Dresden Files campaign in the fetal stages, and the same for a Game of Thrones campaign.
    On the Wii, I'm on Skyward Sword
    I'm an Apple nerd, so my computer gaming is basically all Blizzard lol. I'm on WoW for at least the next year (lol) and will be playing D3 when it drops. I won't run an emulator just to play a game, so lots of other games are out for me.

I worked in the game industry for quite a few years, first at FASA and then as a writer for several other game companies (Crocodile Games, Privateer Press, Dark Age Games, etc.), and I'm thinking of putting my feet back into it but I have very little extra time as it is.

Since I decided to turn my health around, I've dropped just under 80 pounds. It has taken me about 2.5 years.
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Hi I'm Lauren

Age?
    I'm 32 years old

Female or male?
    I'm female

RP? No
    LARP? No
    I am a huge fan of the GTA franchise, (Almost anything that Rockstar puts out.) Left 4 Dead and Sims

What are your weightloss goals?! At least 85lbs

How many pounds have you lost? Just got started, I haven't lost a thing.

Walk on the Beach? If there was one nearby.

You get it! I think I got it.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Nadine! I'm 24 and from Australia and spend entirely way too much time playing games. I don't do PC gaming because 1) I have a Mac and 2) Aforementioned Mac is about 6 years old. 2GB of ram? Yeah, I got this. Needless to say, most of my gaming is done via consoles. I have an Xbox 360, Wii (don't judge, Mario Kart is the jam), and 3DS.

Right now I am pretty obsessed with Skyrim... it's insane! I have no regrets lol. I am pretty open to play anything though, my games range from Banjo Kazooie, Fruit Ninja, and Dance Central to Lego Harry Potter to Dragon Age etc. The only thing I am not hugely fussed on is FPS... and that is only because I am terrible at them. I do love watching people play though!

Weightloss goals are basically to lose 15-20kgs, aiming for 20 though. I'll be setting myself little mini goals so that 20 doesn't sound AS daunting. I've lost around 15kgs or so already by myself, but I only recently joined MFP because I love the social aspect :)

And yes, I love walking on the beach.

PS - I posted my gamertag in the other thread, feel free to add me if you have an Xbox!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm Becca and I'm from Boca Raton, Florida (or Jax, FL for school. UNF! SWOOP! haha). I'm 19 and a sophomore in college and female, haha.

My game of obsession is Guild Wars (Even if it is dying) and currently there is 'Wintersday' going on which is like Christmas in game for 3 weeks.. and I get to obsess over Snowball Arena, which is where I get to throw snowballs at people and steal presents for my Avatar!! :)

I reached my goal earlier this week --> 130lbs.
    I want to maintain between 125-130.
    I'm just happy I found my collar bone for the first time EVER!! :)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    1) I have a Mac and 2) Aforementioned Mac is about 6 years old. 2GB of ram? Yeah, I got this.

eh, my iMac only has 2GB of RAM and I'm able to raid in WoW ;)