Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Who are you! Hi my name is Cassi, I'm a stay at home married mom.
    Age? 21
    Female or male? Female.
    RP? Yep, text and I play WoW, and raid 3 nights a week! I play a Blood Elf Rogue on Llane!
    LARP? Nope.
    What are your weightloss goals?! I would like to shoot for loosing 20 lbs every 6 months. 3-4lbs a month doesn't seem so hard!
    How many pounds have you lost? 2 so far! But I just started.
    Walk on the Beach? Not durring our Maine winters!

I would really like to build a network of like minded friends on here so I can talk to people who are going through something similar to me!
  • marleebaby
    Options
    - I'm Marlee! Nice to meet you guys. 22 year old female addicted to gaming! I actually work at GameStop, I get to see alot of behind the scenes action, and talk about games all day to customers - it suits me very well. :)

- I love roleplaying games. I do not play WoW, though.

- My weight loss goals are just to get to a healthy weight and maintain it. I have about 50 lbs to shed. I haven't done a weigh-in yet, (this is the 6th day of my diet) so I don't know how much I've lost. I have been eating all-natural foods, I'm fast food free, (so proud!) and I'm really getting into eating extremely healthy & making fitness a part of my life. I actually have a motivational weight-loss tumblr : sheslightning.tumblr.com

- Skyrim is my favorite game ATM, like so many others :P
    In my apartment I have a NES, SNES (with over 50+ games, one of my favorite past-times is hunting down SNES classics) Gamecube, Wii, & PS3. I also have a Kindle Fire and I game pretty hard on there as well. Some of my favorite games: Any of the CODs, Oblivion, Dragon Age: Origins, Cooking Mama Cook Off, The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword, Super Mario Bros. Wii, & sooo many SNES games. Please feel free to add me if our interests are similar! ^_^
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    As the name suggests my name is Adam, im 28 year old husband and father of one brand new baby boy.

I dont concider myself a RP gamer but I play WoW and ToR alot and i have never LARPed.

Weight loss goals are to lose 65lb bringing me down to my goal weight of 190 by August 16th (My sons first birthday)

Little about me is i was here January 2011 and lost almost 50 lbs I was down to 210 and if i do say so myself looking good. That was about 3 or 4 months into my wifes pregnancy and i lost all motivation for even mantaning my weight were it was and ballooned back up to 255 im at today.

Games i play are WoW and ToR and just about anything PS1 or 2 that i can get my hands on i dont have an XBox or a PS3 but i do have a Wii (zumbas great)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Gisselle! Born and raised in the Bronx, New York! Of Puerto Rican descent. Lived there for 7 years of my life. I'm 24 - will be 25 in September! I've loved video games since I first had the SNES. Since then, my favorite games have been: Super Mario World on the SNES, Pitfall on the SNES, Goldeneye 007 on the N64, ALL of the Resident Evil games, and recently I love playing Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War and Dead Island. On the PC, I love playing The Sims 3 :) I can spend HOURS playing!

As for my weight loss goals, I started MFP at 162 lbs - before that, my heaviest was 180. Currently, I am 153, and my ultimate goal weight is to be 130 lbs. Toned and thin. Sexy in my own skin and super fit - obviously. I want to be able to walk up to my fourth floor apartment and not run out of breath.

As for my non-dorky side, I love movies, reading, writing, spending time with my family & the great outdoors!
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I'm going to follow you! I like motivation!
  • marleebaby
    Options
    I'm going to follow you! I like motivation!

Oooh, are you talking to me? If so, what's your tumblr?

Sorry for being off-topic.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Feel free to add me if you want a gamer/mfp buddy :)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Feel free to add me if you want a gamer/mfp buddy :)

sending request now
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Arynn, I'm 32 and a LOTRO geek :) I play on Silverlode, in the kin Brotherhood of the Balrog, my main being my minstrel Carysta. I've also played Age of Conan and Rift recently. I have a lot of weight to lose, and have been taking time to focus on bettering my rl self and not my toons lol. When I'm not in an MMO, I also like games like The Sims, and most puzzle/hidden object games (my mom got me hooked on the Jewel Quest series of hidden object games!). Outside of gaming, I love reading, and action/sf/adventure/horror movies, and I have a lovely cat named Kira who tries to catch my mouse pointer :P
  • KCherry
    KCherry Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hai Hai. My name is Kitty and I am 24 years old. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida with my fiance and my daughter Scarlet who is 4. I am in my last semester of nursing school and I am trying to get healthy for my family and to inspire my future patients. As far as my geek-ness goes I play console games on the PS3 and the Wii, currently crushing on skyward sword. I am also a member of the local cast for the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo! The Genetic Opera and I am a classically trained opera singer. I play both table-top and LARP games as well as chess,ect. I am into anime and manga too. I also cosplay and design costumes. I am an avid reader and I watch a ton of movies when I can find the time. :) Lastly, I am into historical recreations and renaissance as well as fire spinning.

Weight loss stats:
    SW 240lbs
    CW 228lbs
    GW 135lbs

Feel free to add me as a friend, can never have too many of those.
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Julie/Julesong and am a casual gamer but overall big geek. :) I mostly play WoW. I have a 360 and don't yet have a Kinnect although I will get one in the future simply for the physical activity games.

Big into scifi/fantasy books, writing, television, movies... especially Firefly. Literally I'm a huge Browncoat. :)

I forgot to mention that I'm a big fan of GeekGirlCon, which took place for the first time this last fall in Seattle. Lots of inspirational geeky women! I am hoping to get some health focus into the convention, show people that geek women can and ARE beautiful and not just quirky. :) If you'd like more info about the con, you can go to http://www.geekgirlcon.com/

I also forgot to post my stats...

> Who are you!
    Julie aka Julesong. If you see a Julesong online, it's probably me.

> Age?

> Female or male?
    Last time I checked, female. :)

> RP?
    Not much, but my husband plays lots of D&D. I mostly play WoW and some XBox stuff.

> LARP?
    Unless you count the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), not really. For the last 10 years my husband Mike (on here as Steingrim) and I have been Norse folk here in the Puget Sound area. Have lots of SCA friends, most of whom (now that I think of it) are overweight.

> What are your weightloss goals?
    I have been overweight pretty much all my life. There was a brief period in my teens when I was around 150 (130? I don't remember) but other than that I've always been overweight. I would love to be at least 140. I want to be healthy and live a long, long productive life with my husband (and hopefully someday a child). I would love for someone to tell me that I'm beautiful and/or pretty, which has *never* happened, ever.

> How many pounds have you lost?
    Thousands, I'm sure. But yes, in this latest installment of losing weight, I'm at just the beginning and have lost somewhere between 5-10 lbs (not sure because I didn't weigh myself when I began). I just got myself a gym membership and am looking forward to using it every day!
  • pumpkinmoccasins
    Options
    Hey! I'm Jessica, a 21 year old nerd :) I don't LARP or RP per se but I do attend multiple renaissance faires a year in costume/character, so that counts toward my geek cred even if it's not gaming :P

I play a LOT of WoW, but I also have a deep seated love for quirky/immersive first person shooters, so I love games like Bioshock and Borderlands (as well as less quirky but equally awesome games like Dead Space and Left 4 Dead). My favorite console would have to be Xbox360, but I'm in dire need of a new computer and will probably play more PC games once that happens.

My weightloss goals are a little vague... My husband and I are planning a backpacking trip in Scotland for our 5 year anniversary so I'm trying to get fit and hopefully losing weight will be a positive side effect of that. I would ultimately, however, like to lose 40 or so more pounds to get back to the thin me that I was when I was younger. I've been losing/regaining the same 20 lbs for a few years now so it'll feel very nice to finally break the cycle.

Edited to add: Feel free to add me!! I'm always looking for more friends with common interests <3
  • lizabeth1127
    Options
    Hi group. I'm Lizabeth. I'm 21 & a lady. I have high hopes of losing 40-50 pounds by summer. I started seriously dieting and working out Jan 1 after off and on healthiness through last winter. I'm proud to say there are at least 10 gaming consoles in my house at all times. I love my NES, Xbox, Wii, etc. but I'm a sega girl at heart. I play a little bit of every kind of game including but not limited to fighting, sports, first person shooters, rpgs & have recently been enjoying a variety of kinect games...I might like to dance, what of it.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow gamers and MFP'ers! :) ... and "Thanks" to Kapeluza for the invite ... I didn't even know this group existed! :)

My name's Michael ... 47 (Egads!!) years old and my main fitness goal is to really try and turn some of the "flab" into muscle. I'm actually trying to bulk up just a tad bit and have a bit more muscle definition in my upper body, which is kind of a challenge for me because (a) I've always been a "small" framed individual and (b) I have a really tough time eating the necessary amount of calories in a day to gain muscle. Nevertheless, I'm coming up on one full year of *consistently* doing cardio and weight training and I can honestly say that I can see some difference ... Yay! :) As for weight, though, I have no idea how much I weigh because my doctor doesn't have any wheelchair accessible scales and they cost WAY too much for me to purchase my own (which is pretty much the case for anything wheelchair-related).

As for games, my latest addictions include Skyrim, Assassins Creed (I've played through AC:II and Brotherhood and got Revelations for Christmas), Batman - Arkham City, and Battlefield 3. However ... I actually haven't even opened Revelations or Arkham City yet as I'm SO addicted right now to Skyrim. :)

I also enjoy some of the driving games such as Gran Turismo 5 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

Oh, and as for walks on the beach .... I'll roll along provided the sand is hard and very well packed, like at Daytona Beach or St. Simons Island .... but if it's that thick, sink-up-to-your-elbows kind of sand, I generally tend to try and avoid that. ;)
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    My name is Michelle. I am 23 years old and a single mother to a beautiful 3 year old little girl. I would like to think I am a female...considering I gave birth...? I don't role play (maybe behind closed doors) and I don't LARP. I would like to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and be a size 4 again, lol. So far I have lost 35 lbs and I am excited to burn the rest. I don't like walking on the beach, unless its in Dead Island :\ I am an avid gamer. I enjoy any FPS, RPG, RTS, etc. Not big on MMO's. The last MMO I played was FFXI. Games I'm playing now are: Zumba, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim.
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bryan
    Male
    Used to play a ton of WoW and had to quit to make room for gym time. Now I play Skyrim (but only on the weekends!)
    I've lost 46 lbs so far with 20 or so more to go.
    The Beach is alright not exactly Dicaprio's best film but I guess......oh you meant actual beaches....they're alright too.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Tim
    45 :''''( (how did that happen???)
    Male, divorced with 2 girls who game (they had no option growing up with me as their dad!)
    I'm trying to put on a bit of weight and get fit.

Gaming wise, I'm currently playing Skyrim and I've a lifetime subscription to Lord of The Rings Online (though I'm getting a bit bored with that now). Used to play LOADS of games and have been into them since 1981 when I programmed my own SPace Invaders (what a geek I was!). Played ever since via ZX81, Spectrum, Amstrad PCW, Amiga, N64, Dreamcast, DS, Wii, X-Box, PS3 and of course PC.

Fav games: FPS's, RPGs, Adventure Games, Strategy (though I suck at the strategy ones).

Skyrim is really sucking my soul at the moment...

Oh and yes, I did used to play RPGs, but in my defence, I discovered the original Dungeons and Dragons Basic and Expert rules in a toy shop in the early 70's and had no idea where picking those two booklets up would take me. I dont play these days, but still have all the stuff.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hmm, let's see, I'm a male, 32 years of age.

Strictly a PC gamer, the only consoles I have ever owned have been the Atari 2600 and NES and technically I had to share them with my sister (and she managed to take them once we grew up when I wasn't around to argue. I have a love/hate relationship with Steam, as it allows me to not have to travel with game discs but it blows when trying to play games offline which is often. I'm currently playing Football Manager 2011, Civilization 5, and Skyrim. Primarily FM11 though, Skyrim has already sucked my soul and I am having trouble playing it for more than 20-30 minutes now. Past favorites have included all of the Sim City and Civilization series, Everquest (which I was hopelessly addicted to) and Everquest 2, never was a fan of WoW but still managed to play it for 5 years just to play with friends. I also love EA Sport's NHL series. Though I haven't logged into any MMO since 2009. I don't miss MMO's at all now, which I am thankful of because everytime I saw "words" like "L33t" and "Roflcopter" a small piece of my soul died.

Genre wise I am mostly into RPG's, Sports, and Strategy

Weight loss wise I topped out 205lb in 2008, bottomed out at 136lb last Nov and currently around 148lb. My goal is to get to 135, this time without it being because I got really sick and couldn't eat for a week, and spent 2 more weeks eating pretty much only toast and bananas.

I'd rather make sand castles than walk on the beach. Actually I'd rather jump into other people's sand castles and wreck them but the police and other beach goers tend to frown on that.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Tabitha, 22.

Mostly a RP Gamer,
    I can't deny my love for pokemon stuck with me since I was 11. Lol
    But lately I've beem playing WoW & Forsaken World, and of course Harvest Moon on my DS and GBA. ^_^

I want to lose my tummy fat by summer time, so close to 25-35 pounds in 6 months but I think I can do it!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!

Artemis
    Female.
    RP'd in a WoW guild for a while. Can I consider being majorly into theater all my life the ultimate RP?

RPG's are my favorite genre of game. Final Fantasy nerd (except for the online one, bleh). My phone ringtone is even the chocobo theme. I rarely play FPS, but when I do, I usually find a nice comfy hole to snipe everyone from. My husband found that out the hard way when he and his friends thought I'd be their easiest kill. :3 I can't seem to give up my game systems from when I was a kid. So, I guess you could say I'm a collector of vintage systems. :P I am now mostly just playing Skyrim and my other Steam games.

According to my ticker I've lost 48, and I'm looking to lose another 30-35. I was hoping I might be able to get down to a size 6, but seeing as I have hips I think the most I can hope for is a 10. We'll see, though.

Walks on the beach? Love them. Miss them.