Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• BrannaPants66
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Breanna...
    More into Console Games (COD, Fable, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Okami, Assassin's Creed, N64, Xbox, Ps2 all that stuff, with the acception of Sims on PC (I love Sims!)
    I want to lose at least 20 lbs (150 to 130) But I'm sure I can lose more.... This is only the beginning...
    Weight Loss: Nothing yet ~ This is just the first day!
    Beach: More in the water hiding, than on the beach bouncing around you know?

PLEASE FOLLOW ME I NEED THE SUPPORT SO I DON'T QUIT!
  • AndrewXB9
    AndrewXB9 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hey,

I'm Andrew :)

I am 19 years young, i am of the male persuasion and i am from Scotland! Yes, i have a Scottish accent and yes, you won't understand me.

I study Computer Games Development! (I know, right?!) As you can see i am well in to games! I am also in to music (Mostly Rock, Metal, etc But i also like Trance, House, Dubstep and some 80's music!). I am HUGE in to Football (Soccer) and i support Rangers FC and i am a season ticket holder of 4 years. I enjoy going out and having a drink with friends and i may or may not have a gambling addiction.

As i said i am well in to my games (Still got systems like Atari and Sega Megadrive), i will list some of my favourite games: Halo, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Minecraft, Gears of War, Forza, Worms, Angry Birds, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, Football Manager, Civilization, Pokemon, Mario, SOCOM, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot... Yadda yadda i could go on forever!

My Xbox Gamertag is XB92AI, feel free to add me but please leave me a Xbox message saying who you are and please add/message me on MFP so i can match tags to faces!

Goals; Started at 227 lbs, down to 190 lbs. Wanting to hit 150 lbs!
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Josianne :3 . . . and I suck at introductions, forgive me.

I am a 21 year old female from New Brunswick, Canada. I work full time at Service Canada as a Client Service Representative(basically front desk). Whenever i'm at work I have to look at dressed up and wear this uncomfortable clothes, and remove my piercings (those judgemental ba******). Whenever I'm at home.. it's game time.

For many years all I did was work then come home to sit on my bum and play video games. I finally decided that it was time to change this up and lose this gamer weight I've gained in the past couple of years, heh.

I am a HUGE FFXI addict. I've been playing the game since 2008(?) and never have I stopped since then(I still play it daily). Before that it was Runescape... and omg, I wouldn't stop playing that one either... that is of course... until I found FFXI :3. I own an Xbox360, Wii, PS2, PS3 and of course a PC in which I do own a Steam account.. However I tend to play on the 360 more often. I like a variety of games... Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Fable, Black Ops(Modern Warfare), Smash Bro's, Metal Gear Solid, Half life, Portals, Left for dead... blah blah blah, the list goes on.

Feel free to add me on Steam or XBL. I spend a lot of my time there when I am done my exercises for the day! :P (You can ask me my username)

I started my journey at 150.2 and am now 140.2, I am looking to get to my goal weight... which would be around 120~
  • HBombzorz
    HBombzorz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Harrison.
    I am 6' 2" weighing in at 105kg and 18 years old.
    I've never RPed, but want to try it one day and LARP even more so!
    I want to get down to 90 kg and build muscle from then on but neither is going to happen very quickly if i don't get off my butt and do some excercise. I am a pretty big gamer so its been quite an issue ><.
    I`d love it if anyone wants to add me. Motivation is a lot easier get if there's someone else around, right?

My gamertag is also HBombzorz. Currently playing BF3, ssx, skyrim and I'll rarely turn down L4D2 :). Feel free to add me just let me know who you are xD.
  • LaxPoppa
    LaxPoppa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Wayne here, trying to lose the excess before I am too deep into my forties, 39 right now. Currently at 255 and will eventually be under 200. After that I will evaluate my actual target weight. I am into all sorts of games, but focus on MMORPGs. Play WoW mostly, but also have played Rift, SWToR and GW2 (just started) during the lulls. I am a pretty casual player currently 1-2 hrs most nights during the week. Used to be a hard core raider, but got burnt out. When not playing games, I am working (Nuke Engineer), playing sports (mostly soccer), watching sports (the kids), being as good a husband as I can and "living like Larry!"
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Who are you - Desi
    Age- 22
    Female or male - female
    RP - I rp on AIM, and have done so on some other websites but I like to stick to one on one. lol
    LARP - No
    What are your weightloss goals - 130lbs
    How many pounds have you lost - 49
    Walk on the Beach - I wish.. there are no beaches in my neck of the woods! lol

Hello everyone..

I'm a geek or nerd or whatever you want to call me, and I love gaming and computers and all that.

I like to play xbox, ps3, computer games, etc. I rp, and used to write fanfiction for final fantasy. LOL.

Favorite games? Ehh.. COD, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War, Assassins Creed Series, Skyrim, Fable, Minecraft, FF8, Command & Conquer (lol), etc. There's tons.

Tv Shows? Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Biggest Loser, Face Off, Mentalist, Psych, Castle.. I know it's a long list, but honestly I don't watch them up to date. Netflix is my best friend sometimes, or worst enemy. XD
  • FuncTioN64
    FuncTioN64 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Who are you? I'm Sean! Super Nerd! Lub geeking it up playing vids. I grew up playing the classics like Double Dragon and Contra. Now i play everything from Final Fantasy to MW3 to NHL12. Sadly though, saving the world takes a toll on the mid section and that's the reason I'm here. Time to shape up! Good luck to all and add me for motivation!

Age? 32
    Female or male? Male
    RP? N/A
    LARP? Star Wars (SWOTR) / Diablo 3
    What are your weightloss goals?! To drop to 5 - 7 % body fat.
    How many pounds have you lost? 5 or 6 lbs.
    Walk on the Beach? When i can direct myself to the beach... i'll go hit it... ;)
  • gingellc77
    gingellc77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all!,

I'm Colin from Bristol in the UK. I am a regular PS3 gamer and like any games (excluding Hannah Montana obviously!) PSN ID: gingellc77. I usually play FPS like COD, Bioshock, Resistance, etc but also like hack'n'slash like God of War and Darksiders. Constant gaming, junk food and lack of exercise allowed me to swell up to 120kg. So far i have managed to get down to 109kg with plans continue losing until i am below the 100kg target.
  • reneemlt2k
    reneemlt2k Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Who are you!
    Age?
    Female or male?
    RP?
    LARP?
    What are your weightloss goals?!
    How many pounds have you lost?
    Walk on the Beach?

You get it!
    Hello, I'm Renee from Arlington Texas. I'm a 33 year old woman who's been large all her life. I got into MMORPG and the internet when I was in college. I do a little RP in Second Life as a Orc/Elf hybrid. I'm a little LARP-curious, but at 300lbs I can't really run around in the woods in a bikini. I need to lose as much weight as I can. Right now my goal is down to 250. I just started with MFP so I havn't lost any yet.
    I havn't seen a beach in years, but if you give me a kayak I'll be happy.
  • kewtfase
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Jes, a 25 female from the midwest. I go by jessers or Gia, never really settled on a gamertag that screamed me. It took me over half a year to think of a derby name... Which I ref for, don't play. Just to get that straight. Rambling is an important part of intros, right? No? right...

I don't rp, and I defantily don't LARP. Maybe if I did I'd be thinner. I started in 180s, so I've lost about 10 pounds, but I still have about 50 to go. If I get to 130s by next year, I'm going to SDCC. :)

As for games... I mainly play WoW (yeah, I know... ew) but I also love Reach and Bioshock. I'm excited for Halo 4, unlike everyone else I know. Um... that's mainly it!
  • msjessielynn
    msjessielynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Who are you! My name is Jessica. Go by Jess, or Pacie (online)
    Age? 35
    Female or male? Female
    RP? Have, but not really my thing
    LARP? im gonna go with no
    What are your weightloss goals?! 55 lbs by spring
    How many pounds have you lost? 2, and im excited!
    Walk on the Beach? I would, good idea for tomorrow!
  • 13Gwendolyn13
    13Gwendolyn13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gwen
    Female
    5'4''
    Got about 20 pounds to lose.

Dungeons and Dragons almost every weekend with my friends, and I do cosplay and occasionally attack my friends iwht foam swords if that counts as LARPing XD
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Me? Who are you? My name is Erica. I'm 35, I started playing games on the awesomeness of the Atari... and yes, loved "computer" day in school so I could play Oregon Trail. I'm female, or at least I was the last time I checked. I mean, when I play Munchkin sometimes I'm forced to become a man, but I'm pretty sure that isn't long lasting. Yes, I RP, last table top gaming scenario was in Game of Thrones. No, there is no LARPing going on where I am, however, I am a SCAdian and that means I'm awesomer than a LARPer, yeah, I went there. My goal is to lose weight, yes. I haven't lost anything yet. I don't have a beach so no to walk on the beach.

Let's see, recent games I've been playing: Diablo III on the PC (before that Skyrim and Sims 3). On Xbox 360 I'm now playing Borderlands 2... oh yeah!!! Um, I don't really play much on the wii, that's more for my kids.

Pleasure to meet you all!
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My name is Tonya and I am a nerdy female in her early 20s. I'm here to work on maintaining health more than anything else. My nerdiness is pretty extensive. I am a crazy huge fan of the Final Fantasy games, but I am also a poor fan. With no computer or PS3, I am working on catching up with the series. I have VI and III left to go before I absolutely must find a way to own a computer. I figure, if I wait a few years, maybe I'll get lucky and the PS4 will play PS3 games. I am also a huge fan of books. My list of books I want to read is nearly as long as the list of books I've read. I thought vampires were cool before it was popular and have a number of young adult series that I am still following. In addition, I am currently making my way through The Wheel of Time series and hope to jump on The Game of Thrones after that. I also love anime and manga, although financial constraints have had a dramatic effect on my consumption. My all time favorite animes are DragonBall Z and Rurouni Kenshin.

If only I could build websites, I would be the complete nerd. ^_^
  • shmapril
    Options
    HELLO, I AM APRIL AND I LOVE ME SOME VIDEO GAMES I AM WORKING ON BORDERLANDS 2 RIGHT NOW WHICH IS MAKING IT HARD TO GET THE RECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF SLEEP ; /. I AM ALSO A HUGE FAN OF BIOSHOCK MY LEFT ARM IS COVERED IN BIOSHOCK TATTOOS AND I HAVE A FALLOUT HEALTH BAR ON THERE TO. I ALSO LIKE FINAL FANTASY GAMES 8 IS MY FAVORITE. I LIKE OLD NINTENDO GAMES LIKE MARIO AND YOSHIS ISLAND, ETERNAL SONATA ON PLAY STATION IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES TO. I REALLY LIKE ANYTHING ANIME TOO I SECRETLY WANT TO BE A ANIME GIRL. OK WELL THATS SOME ABOUT ME I KINDA JUST RAMBLE ALOT ABOUT THINGS SORRY. :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jeff... 27 years old. I don't really play games that much anymore just due to lack of time to play but I do occasionally when I have free time. The last games ive played were battlefield 3 and diablo 3 for pc and trying to finally finish the first assassins creed on xbox (jmc0806 is my gamertag on there) As for my weight loss I started at 345lbs unfortunately but I've lost 106lbs since January of this year and I hope to lose another 30 or 40 before I'm done.
  • CaitlinCrosson
    Options
    Hi im Caitlin im 21 years old i am 5' 5'' and i love playing my xbox 360
  • esjohnson03
    esjohnson03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm Erik... 32 years old and work for a BioTech company. Huge Wisconsin Badgers/GreenBay Packers fan... In my gaming life I've played WoW since launch but currently enjoying Borderlands 2 on xbox. A few past personal favorite games include: SWTOR, Uncharted Series, Assassin's Creed series, Call of Duty, FFVII, Star Wars - Galaxies (before they tried to make it WoW), the Total War & Civilization PC gaming series. (built my first custom computer earlier this year as well)

Never got into the LARP stuff but to each their own... Walks on the beach? Depends with who... but sure I guess!

Lost 40lbs already and looking to drop another 50-60lbs or so, but really just want to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

Pleasure to meet you all!
  • Losingamy
    Losingamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    24 y/o female. I'm a bit too shy for RP or LARP, but I play WoW and have for about 6 years. I also work for a video game company in QA. My job is very sedentary and demanding at certain times of the project cycle. I also enjoy RP games, such as Persona.

I'm 5'2" 215#. I have lost 45# since last September. I've been yo-yoing since February at my current weight. I've recently re-committed, and watching my caloric intake while working out like a beast.

My ultimate goal is to get to a healthy BMI, and be strong. My 'healthy' weight is about 130, but 160 would still be great.

Anyone in the Baton Rouge area - feel free to add me. I'd LOVE to meet new people.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm Mike; I'm a 32 year old male (if you can't tell) and I live in Maryland. I'm a data analyst for my local school system and an avid gamer. I've played video games all the way back to the Atari days, and have loved every minute of it. I've also played pen-and-paper RPG's since high school.

I mainly play RPG's and RTS, but I'm a pretty active Battlefield 3 player as well. I also play fighting games, but I'm pretty picky, sticking mostly with Mortal Kombat 9 and King of Fighters these days. My wife and I are currently addicted to Borderlands 2, after sufficiently stomping the first one to death.

My weight-loss journey has been...bumpy to say the least. At my worst, I was 310 lbs. Over the past several years, I've lost 80. I started MFP in February at 233, lost 33, and gained it all right back due to work stress and illness. I'm back on the right track, but it's a battle. My ultimate goal is to get back down to 180, my high school weight. Ideally, I'd like to see 160 within the next year or two.

Anyway, good to meet everyone!