Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• liketheriver
    Options
    I'm Nile(yes like the river) I'm 27 live in Indianapolis.
    Favorite style games are
    RPG's: Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, etc
    Action: Assassin Creed, Uncharted, Far Cry3, Infamous
    Sports: FIFA, MLB the Show, NCAA football, Tiger Woods golf.

I'm married and have a daughter getting ready to turn 1, my weight has jumped up quite a bit over the last few years, so I decided it was time to kick myself in the butt and get healthy. and yes by being a gamer I will be using the Kinect at some point for a workout.
  • embracethefall
    Options
    Hey all. My name is Brian, and I'm 29. I love games of all kinds. Video, tabletop, heck even board games. I've been gaming since I was about 6, when I got an Atari 2600 (I think?). Hmmm....perhaps that's why I'm here to lose weight. ;) Aaaanyway, nice to meet you all and glad to be a part of the group. Drop me a line or friend me any time, and we'll all help each other become the dead sexy gamer studs/babes that we all know we are, haha.
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    41yr. old female gamer.

It all started Christmas 1979 when we opened the family gift...Atari!

I love RPG's...Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy I, II and III really got me hooked...my daughter is named Rydia...yeah, I'm kind of a dork. When Everquest came out I gave up my beloved systems for a permanent spot in a computer chair. I have been hooked on WoW now for 7 years. I quit once when Cata was released and tried out SWTOR, but now I am back to WoW again as one of the 10 people horde side on Elune :tongue:

I am using my play time as a reward for going to the gym. I no longer raid, because that always led to grabbing fast food instead of cooking.

Eventually I hope to yell back "Not true!" when people say only fat chicks play WoW :laugh:
  • SneakyBat
    SneakyBat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Heylo, I'm a 37 year old female from the UK. I played WoW pretty much obsessively (ok, very much obsessively) for more years than I care to remember. Finally managed to kick the habit about 3 years ago and moved onto the hideously bugged WAR (grrr Mythic!) when it was already dying, but still had much fun and met some awesome people. I moved over to LOTRO last year and I'm still there, hobbiting around. Also playing an Orcette on Skyrim and levelling myself up in rl, about time too! :)
  • SylentZee
    Options
    Hey, my is name Chris and I was always fat as a kid. I never really left the house to go play outside with other kids because I'd rather stay indoors and play video games. Although that changed during my teens, I still had unhealthy eating habits and so did most of my friends.

I decided to turn my obsession with games into a career and now work within the industry. Of course during college, I packed on extra weight, even after graduating. A couple of months after graduation, I decided to make a change. I found the MFP app online and decided to give it a shot. I've never regretted that decision and neither should you.

I have a TON of games, mainly X360 and a few PS3 (have a gaming PC but barely use it). I try to play everyday but if I'm not playing something, I'm normally watching a show or a documentary lol.

GT: Silent Hav0c
  • Katies9484
    Katies9484 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Katie. I'm 28 years old, and have been gaming ever since I got a Nintendo way back when. I have a ps3, and am currently playing Borderlands 2 and replaying Arkham City. Favorite of all time is definitely Zelda (the SNES version). Love to try Skyrim, but I know I'll get sucked in so I'm trying to focus on my weight rather than gaming at the moment. Gaming has certainly helped me gain weight, especially now that I'm out of college and not working as much. Hoping to kick the fast food/gaming habit. Current goal is to be in enough shape to cosplay at the San Diego Comic Con this year!
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stacey, and I'm a gamer.

I got my original NES at age 10 (still have it!) and have been hooked ever since. I'm old-school though... not much into XBox or PS3 or any of that. I play my NES on occasion, and I have a Wii, but I really only use it for Wii Fit.

I'm SHOCKED that I have not seen any mention of a MUD. I've been playing Legends of Terris off and on since I was 16. I'm an avid player now... have three different chars and play an average of a couple of hours a night (more when I'm off work). For those who don't know, an MUD is a mostly text-based RPG. Have no interest in WoW, cause in my opinion, no graphics means more use of the imagination. :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Dani here, gamer all my life.

Originally from Germany and now life in Florida, USA.

45 years old and started gaming on paper playing D&D with high school friends and on console playing Pong (in black and white, yep!). Went on to Atari and Nintendo, then left consoles and did only PC games for some years. Until Skyrim came out and we broke down and bought an XBox 360.

Big fan of MMORPGs (EQ, EQ2, CoH, and then WoW for the past 7 years) and totally looking forward to ES Online coming out!

Still hooked on Skyrim. Cause it's awesome.

Add me if you'd like. Always happy to help a fellow gamer achieve their weight loss/fitness goals. :smile:
  • 1fenix
    Options
    Fenix here, 50 year old gamer... young at heart and will never fully grow up!

Starting gaming when we could train dinosaurs to play polo... actually, gaming since computers had storage. Cassette tapes rock, no more punch cards or retyping code! Now I game with my teenage kids on the xbox. Mainly FPS and my fav games series: Gears of War, Halo, and Borderlands.

I've been "on and off" for my health. Now I just want to be healthy as I want to be that crazy 100 year old gamer!

Cheers, be healthy and have fun!
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wait, what?! There's a GROUP for us gamers? Gamers losing weight?! I thought we were supposed to all sit in dark rooms shoving hot pockets into our mouths? :tongue:

I'm Kat - I've been playing games since I was old enough to (pong was my first love). I played Ultima Online for about 10 years, and have taken up WoW in the past few years. Nice to meet you all and to find that there are far more gamers out there than I had thought :)
  • sncrdn
    sncrdn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hola! Joey here and I'm glad to see there is a group on this site for gamers.

33yo gamer... (both board/card games and video games) I like to play almost anything... I'm trying to lose the weight that I am pretty sure I put on by playing WoW so much (8+ hours was not uncommon) Needless to say, my WoW account is on hiatus. With all that free time I've been cooking healthier food and doing more exercise, but I'll always play games.

After a somewhat long affair with the DROD series (great if you like combat/puzzle type games) I've started playing a few action RPGs - (TL 2, Din's Curse, D3, considering Path of Exile) and looking for maybe another MMO type game that would be fun (and fun to play others) but doesn't demand a HUGE time investment (I can dream anyway right?) So if any of those types of games interest you or if you have any suggestions let me know! I'm a PC gamer at heart (had the C64 and not the NES growing up!) but also have a PSWii60 so I have a few options for multiplayer gaming.

Thanks for reading!
  • creepysteve
    creepysteve Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    22 year old male. 6'3 265 lbs working towards 225 lbs.

I have been gaming, mainly on consoles, for almost as long as I can remember. I started on the NES and have continued since. I have had most major consoles, the notable exception being 360. I like all kinds of games. RPGs, platformers, racing, sandbox, simulation, survival horror, action adventure, interactive novel, puzzle, rhythm...pretty much anything outside of straight up shooters (Shooter/RPGs like Mass Effect and Bioshock are great!) As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a nintendo kid at heart, but there's always room for any company. Some of my favorite games are Silent Hill 2, Fallout 3, MOTHER 3, World of Goo, Warioware DIY.
  • Pink_Pandas
    Options
    Hello! My name is Skye -- and I'm a pretty huge gamer/nerd. I started off with an SNES and went on from there. I play MMOs, FPS, Console, PC, whatever kind of game I really think is interesting. I'm also a pretty big old school gamer fan -- I modded my PSP in order to play old school SNES games (sorry guys -- atari just wasn't my time). Small thing started like Chu Chu Rocket, that lead to Final Fantasy, To Soul Calibur, to Mortal Kombat, to more Final Fantasy, ..then to Left for Dead, Team Fortress, Potral. I pretty much like all of them. :P Didn't think I would find a gamer group here but I am incredibly happy!

Btw my all time favorite game has probably got to be Silent Hill 2 and/or Katamari Damacy.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Howdy, howdy.

The name's Kevin and I'm 6' 2", 207lbs and knee-deep in my journey to 190. I started on MFP about 4-5 weeks ago, and have so far lost a total of 21.5 pounds. My goal for this attempt at weight loss was to not go 'extreme'. I eat less (but still have a cheeseburger or Del Taco here and there) and more healthy (when possible). I also walk, hike, lift weights and, on occasion, beat the crud out of myself doing Insanity.

I'm a PC gamer that dabbles in consoles as well. I try to, er, try all genres and games when I can, as to not become stale and on a rail when it comes to game taste. I'm a huge fan of RPGs and Action/Adventure/FPS. Some of my favorites include Skyrim, Half Life 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, The Witcher, New Vegas, Half Life, WoW, SWTOR, Zelda: ALTTP, FFVI, Red Dead Redemption, Tomb Raider, Portal, L4D... OK, more than some. I can go on and on, but as you can see I have a hard time picking a favorite... or five favorites... or even 10.

I grew up on video games after being introduced to Combat on the 2600... after that moment I was off and running.

It's great to see fellow gamers here on MFP! Very cool surprise...

I wish everyone the BEST on their road to health, fitness and long sessions of gaming!

Kev_
  • bship15_wechanged
    bship15_wechanged Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am Brent. 27 year old gamer. Got hooked with a NES I got for my birthday......nothing better then Mario and duck hunt lol. Now I have a PS3 and a XBOX 360. Play all types of games. Currently playing Mass Effect 3 and Black Ops 2 until MLB 13 the show comes out in a couple weeks.
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am Ash, 26, married and have a 13 month old. I am from Southern USA. I have played games since I can remember, but mostly am just into PC games now, mainly WoW. I play Horde and Alliance and have 2 90's, 87, and working on lvl'ing a monk as well. My main is a worgen druid and I raid with her.

I started gaining weight in 8th grade, which is when I stopped playing sports and some health issues arised. I have been "stuck" in weight since high school, fluctuating between 225-245 lbs. My highest was when I was pregnant, so I won't count that. lol

I am currently 230 lbs. My goal is to get to 160 lbs; but honestly, if I feel and look great above that I would be good! I am kinda stocky built so even when I actually was skinny, my weight was still more than "normal". I am also short...5'2"....>.>
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    23 year old gamer here going on 24. My name is Jesse (obviously do to my screen name lol.)

I started playing video games with my dad when I was really young on his old Atari 2600 and then I went to the NES. I eventually went to the snes, pc, and on and on up to the ps3, wii, and xbox 360. I play pretty much every genre except for sports. I play sports games off and on, but no were near as much as shooters, rpgs, adventure, or action games.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I play WoW :-)

Once I stopped grazing while I raided losing weight seemed much easier. That and actually seeing what I was eating on this site.

For the Horde!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Hi there... 24 year old male...

Been playing MMOs since I was 9. Started with the original EverQuest... my dad had a beta account, and I started once the game went live. I still have that account, my dwarf cleric's birthdate is Nov 2, 1999.

From EQ, we went to EQ2 for a bit (station pass), then to Star Wars Galaxies (RIP), from SWG, we went to WoW. Left WoW after the Cataclysm expansion... and went back to EQ. Still do EQ every now and then, but recently we've (my dad and I) have been briefly distracted by The Old Republic, but have been playing EQ2 a lot more as of late.

I also have a 360, but I typically use that for netflix or NFS:MW or Forza Horizons. I'll tinker around with Borderlands every now and then, and have been working up a way to talk my wife into getting BL2.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    Hello, 28 year old female.

Favorite games include: Skyrim, WoW, The Sims, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Civilization IV, City of Heroes (RIP), Sim Tower, Sim City, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart.

I'm hoping to connect with like-minded people to motivate me with my weight loss. I am currently 142 lbs at 5'6'', which probably does not seem like much to some, but I would like to take off about 10 lbs of that. I would really like to meet some chick friends who are into the same games that I am. Especially someone that has actually heard of VTMB.

I am married, mother of twin 7 year old boys.