Welcome to all!

Options
I am about to wrap up a 30 Day Shred started by @melgibson. I have found the group to be an amazing way to stay on track and follow through. I have never been so committed to an at-home workout, and I want to continue that!

Jillian Michael's Ripped In 30 promises a little more variety in the same efficient workout 3/2/1 (strength/cardio/core) style: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-video-5970

This group is open to all! Join us! We'll start on November 16.

Ideas are welcome!

Replies

• Peque1130deleted
    Options
    Hi there!

I actually just started Ripped in 30 yesterday. I finished the Shred on 10/28. I like Ripped so far...I can do the push-ups the right way!!! :happy:

I need to up the weight for a few of the workouts, so I will be going from 5lbs to 8lbs...I hope to see better results than I did with the Shred.

Good luck everyone!!

:drinker:
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Peque1130 : Welcome!

I do the same thing with the Shred -- some exercises I can do 5# and some 8#. Whatever it takes, I say!

I also am trying trying trying to stay caught up -- I travel a lot for work and it wreaks havoc with my diet/exercise. I was getting excellent results from the Shred the first couple weeks as I would do a Shred then about 300 cals of cardio. I need to up the calorie burn a bit more. The days I work on catching up, when I do 2 Shreds back-to-back I find I'm just worn out and can't get the extra cardio in. :( I love food and cooking and eating so I try to "burn and earn" a lot of exercise cals!

Glad you are joining us!
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    When I started the Shred, I also did the Butt Bible and Tae Bo...I was worn out by the end of the second week so I dropped the TB. I still had a good calorie burn with the Shred and BB. I started Ripped and I am burning less than 150 in a 30 min workout! I started a second round of BB on Mondya as well, I really, really, REALLY want a nice round behind lol. I am doing level 1, 20 minutes and burning less than 100 cals. Trying not to burn myself out again but I may need to up the cardio again, if not every day, then a few times a week...

I hope we get more members! :smile:
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options

I hope we get more members! :smile:

Look at the members -- we already have over 10! Considering we start a week from now, that's a good forecast of things to come! Be sure to use the "Invite" function in this group to invite your friends!
  • danginar
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 this week. Getting ready to do a workout right now.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ive been planning on starting the 17th so this is awesome! Thanks for the group!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    @danginar: let us know how awesome you're doing! We'll take the inspiration to burn it off! :devil:

@Saffyra: Welcome! Looking forward to Ripping with you!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This group feature is great :)

I've enjoyed shred so far, and can really see the difference in my abs and chest even though the tape measure hasn't changed much and my scales are only about 3lbs down.

I'm not sure that I can start Ripped on the same day as everyone else here. For those of you who know me (not many?), my life is slightly crazy - I work on one continent and have hubby and daughter living on another. And that's where my copy of shred currently is!

I'll hunt around on youtube for the workout (or parts of it) so that I can at least do some of it until I'm home on the 20th November. Or if anyone has links to any other websites, that'd be great!

Can't wait to get Ripped!!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I love to join but am a bit hesitant as I had my lil one 5 months ago and I don't want to do anything too intense just yet ... Is the intensity level same as 30 Day Shred ? If so, then I can do it :)
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I just started :)
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    I would love to be apart of this group! :)

I finish the 30 day shred started by @Faery7 and all of the ladies and gents from that group will also starting ripped in 30. I'm not sure when though. so ill just be in both groups! :) im super excited :D

Ive been doing the shred for 36 days straight now.. and will probably continue with level 3 until we start here on the 16th! :) cant wait
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm getting so excited on Ripped in 30. I have never been so committed into any workout routine before. Thanks to my co shredders it help to me stay on track. My day was never complete without 30 DS. I'll be doing my day 23 level 3 tonight.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to join in with this group!

I have the DVD on the way in the mail...I'm glad I didn't pay for it since I see I can get it another way.... I ordered it with my "points" from my bank, so it didn't cost me any cash.

I should receive it any day now, but I guess it doesn't matter if I can watch it from online. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this!!
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've also ordred the vid online and am waiting for it to come in the mail so I'm excited about joining this group. HOpefully it'll arrive before 16 Nov so I can jpin in.

Bring it on!!! :tongue:

Kathy
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I love to join but am a bit hesitant as I had my lil one 5 months ago and I don't want to do anything too intense just yet ... Is the intensity level same as 30 Day Shred ? If so, then I can do it :)

Just adjust to what you feel up to -- you'll still see benefits! Supposedly a little more challenging than the Shred.... You can do it!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    I would love to be apart of this group! :)

I finish the 30 day shred started by @Faery7 and all of the ladies and gents from that group will also starting ripped in 30. I'm not sure when though. so ill just be in both groups! :) im super excited :D

Ive been doing the shred for 36 days straight now.. and will probably continue with level 3 until we start here on the 16th! :) cant wait

@blackballoon -- Welcome! Tell us all about your Shred successes so we can motivate into Ripped In 30!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I started ri30 Monday but my plan is to do it 3-4 times per week and finish 30 days by the end of the year. Planning to ride my exercise bike 2-3 days per week too. Gl!
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why on Wed 11\16? I like to start my program on monday
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why on Wed 11\16? I like to start my program on monday

Some of us are finishing up the 30DS on 11/15 and want to just continue to the next program. You can use the first couple days to perfect your form! :smile:

I spent a few minutes with Ripped in 30 (what's the way to abbreviate that - takes too long to type!) and it's similar movements to 30DS but different enough that'll be a nice change. It's the same intensity but all the moves can be modified. Should be fun and effective!!
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ok Cool :smile: