Being Single SUCKS because...

Options

Replies

• JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
    I mostly miss having a snuggle buddy - the cats just don't cut it in that regard. :laugh:

Seriously, just having someone to share life with - someone that always has your back...that's what I miss being single. :heart:

P.S. Tell Dev to stay off my side of the bed and why does it always have to come back to the "BACK"
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    But I really do hate first dates.
    Could we skip that part, please? ;-)

Ick...I know what you mean!

Still say ICK? :bigsmile:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    -the "you'll find someone, right?" statements....
    -friends/family announcing engagements/weddings/babies
    -being the single one at the showers/weddings (where you get the questioning about, "well what about you? are you seeing someone?" and the pain of having to answer those questions.
    -not having someone to share things with, not just big "holidays" like new year's or christmas or whatever, but just the little day to day moments
    -not having someone to comfort you when you do have a bad day - a hug and cuddle can do wonders when it comes to lifting up someone's spirits
    -the obvious "sex" answer
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

^^ This
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...of all the "oh poor you, you're single and 29" looks.

They're not as pitying as the "oh poor you, you're single and 40" looks! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Being single doesn't suck as bad as some of the dreadful relationships I've been in - but I do have to work quite hard on the "what's wrong with me?" mindset I can find myself in. The thing that sucks the most for me is the lack of interaction with someone who's a lover as well as a friend.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    romancing yourself isnt as fun as having someone to do it for you. Sorry, been drinking.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Where are you again??? I own my home, drive a Lexus, have a decent job.......

I can't find a guy with a job period!!!!!

I am in Wichita Falls, Tx...I am retired military and have 3 incomes and a job!

I'm currently active duty. Let's get married tomorrow haha.

Being single sucks because meeting people in the military is sheisty. Most of the guys just want a fling or a one-and-done type situation. On top of that, being a BAMF female most civilian guys think I'm kinda weird and doing dual-military means you never see that person. One of you is always gone or busy or something. WHooooo text message relationship :(

I miss stability of a relationship. Thats what sucks about being single. I like feeling like there is something in my life that is just SOLID. That one person that I can turn to or just ask for a hug. :) Someone I can trust and not worry about.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    - You have to deal with *kitten* because the 0.1% of the male population that are actually decent are taken,

- Can't randomly call a guy for cuddles

- DATING

- You feel awkward when all your friends bring their boyfriends to the pole studio class performance, and you don't have anyone to bring.

- You feel lonely :(
  • lesleyls
    lesleyls Posts: 24
    Options
    Its super hard for me because I have a 7 and 4 year old so I don't wanna bring all these different guys into their lives. I hate dating too btw lol. But it does get lonely on the weekends my boys go to their dads.

Miss kissing, cuddling, companionship, and falling asleep with his arm wrapped around me.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Ok... How many times am I going to read this thread and get to page two before I realize I've been here. Please, for the love of God, let it die already. Thank you for your attention.
  • lesleyls
    Options
    - You have to deal with *kitten* because the 0.1% of the male population that are actually decent are taken,

^^ this...if I get one more guy to ask for a sexy pic I'm gonna pull my hair out
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

^^ this...if I get one more guy to ask for a sexy pic I'm gonna pull my hair out

But your pic is sexy... so what's the issue? :wink:
  • lesleyls
    Options

But your pic is sexy... so what's the issue? :wink:

Hehe why thank you :flowerforyou: shoulda said nekid
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm a cuddle type person, really all I miss is having someone to crawl into bed with at the end of the day. The rest is easily found elsewhere
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks because of sex...well the lack there of.
    I also have a hard time finding that someone wants to be with me because they really like me not just because I have my own house, cars and and good paying job. :(
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    it sux cuz i dont have to be miserable when shes *****ing about something stupid.

also sux cuz i dont have someone to share my awesome house, 2 cars, and hella fun lifestyle with LOL
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Not having someone call to see if u made it home ok.

**** I realized yesterday that I hadn't received a call in two days.... might have to skip paying my CC bill for some attention!!
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Where are you again??? I own my home, drive a Lexus, have a decent job.......

I can't find a guy with a job period!!!!!

Same here. I own my house, have a company car and benefit from a good income (that I work hard for).... which for many men I'm told is emasculating (and by the way, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, so it's not like I flaunt it). Never thought financial independence would be a detriment to getting out of "singlehood".
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Being single sucks because...

I'm going to bed ALONE tonight.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

Well said.
    I'd add: having someone to be there for you (and you to be there for them) through the good and bad moments life brings. That person that knows your little quirks and loves you for them...