What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• 1982happy
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 140. I'm currently 155...
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    6ft, goal 165 and current weight 262 :( Long way to go!
  • Gratzi
    Gratzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a small frame. Currently at 155, which is fine for me...but I really want to loose a bit of BF%. I want to easily wear a size 10 jeans...right now they are snug in the hip/thigh area. A size 8 would be AMAZING!

I am 5'10" and my goal is 150 lbs. My lowest adult weight was 145 after a year of living abroad and riding a bike everywhere I needed to go.

The number isn't as important as the look. I think I have a small frame and I definitely carry all my weight at my waist. I would love to have a healthy waist measurement. I've never worn smaller than I size 12 pants, but I would love to lose this gut and get in a size 10. I'm not sure how to get there so I'l just keep doing what I'm doing as long as it's working.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 hoping for 165-175. The lowest adult weight that I know of (never paid attention to weight in high school, so I have no idea what I weighed) was 179. I think I can get there and lose a couple of extra pounds after. Currently at 188.
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5"10 and would be delighted to weigh 190....I am learning to love who I am today as each pound drops off me on this journey :)
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and a large frame. I want to be anywhere below 200. I can't remember the last time I was. A couple years ago my doctor said she would like to see me at 200. I was 215 at the time...now I'm 268. I will re-examine my weight when I get there.

It's so nice to not see everyone goal weight at 120, 130, etc.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I had no idea this group existed on here and this SO JUST MADE MY DAY ya'll!!! LOL

I am 6'2" and my goal is 199 (can't say 200, come on now lol) - but my aspirational goal is 185. The last time I ws 185 I was 17 and still thought I was fat as hell, so it should be a learning process along the way as to what I want to end up as! :smile: I have what I would call a medium frame, if not small - I just wouldn't know for sure bc I've been overweight practically my whole life.

How would you go about deciding how "large" your frame is??

I found this site quite helpful in determining frame size and a more realistic BMI / Weight for my height. Check it out: http://www.ehow.com/how_2346297_determine-body-frame-size.html

I'm 5ft 9" and aiming for 165 to 168 lbs which on the regular BMI charts only just gets me into the 'healthy' range but people start to tell me I look scrawny if I go any lower.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'11 medium, athletic frame (mesomorph) and my goal weight is between 175-180.
  • mjanemorgan
    mjanemorgan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im 5"11 and 153lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs, which does sound low but i'm small framed and not a muscular/athletic build at all, which is annoying as, even though bmi says i'm healthy, if i go much over 140 i end up looking too big/not toned (even though i am quite active and do excercise)

ps. i just found this on the internet and found it really helpful in determining my goal weight as it helps you assess you height/body type etc to find your ideal bodyweight, hope it helps, good luck all! :)

http://www.ehow.com/about_6454806_age-ideal-body-weight.html
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"-medium frame--currently 170 with a goal of 150-160 (I'll know when I get closer). My lowest weight as an adult was in college at 145 and I was not healthy then. I did weigh 150 at my wedding--almost 7 years ago-- and I got mixed responses (some said I looked "bony" while others including myself thought I looked great). I was working out and eating right and was actually quite healthy then. Prior to having my daughter (13 months old) I weighed 165 and I would like to be a little smaller than that. One of my non-weight goals is to get back into size 10 jeans, but I may not be able to accomplish that at 160, so we will see.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    im 5"11 and 153lbs and my goal weight is 140lbs, which does sound low but i'm small framed and not a muscular/athletic build at all, which is annoying as, even though bmi says i'm healthy, if i go much over 140 i end up looking too big/not toned (even though i am quite active and do excercise)

ps. i just found this on the internet and found it really helpful in determining my goal weight as it helps you assess you height/body type etc to find your ideal bodyweight, hope it helps, good luck all! :)

http://www.ehow.com/about_6454806_age-ideal-body-weight.html

I just looked this up and it confirmed me as medium frame with an average goal weight of 150. Guess my goal is in the right ballpark.
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2", large frame. My goal is 170. I have been as low as 160 but looking at pictures of my face I looked sort of gaunt at that weight. I feel good at 180, I feel great at 170 as long as I am toned.
  • Miranda_the_Phoenix
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and my goal weight is about 200-215lbs.
  • ekolson
    Options
    I'm 6'1" but small framed (my mom is 5'10" and maybe 120-125) I'm at 170 right now, which is the heaviest I've been since I've been an "adult" (I still feel so young!?) But my lowest/naturally maintained weight was 146. I want to get down to that again, but it seems soooo far away! I'd be happy with 150-155 I think.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I think my goal weight is 170 lbs. I guess I'll know when I get there. I'm not so worried about numbers as I am about looking and feeling my best. At 300lbs I never thought I would make it anywhere even close to 170 but now I'm FINALLY under 200 lbs and I'm getting closer every day :happy:
  • bltummy
    Options
    5ft 11 going for 126-112
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    6'0 and shooting for 180. Any less than that and I look sick -_-
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    6ft here, aiming for 180
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    5'9" SW: 220
    CW: 203
    GW: 170

My first goal is to get under 200 and just be overweight, not obese. When I get to 170 I might keep going, just slow down the pace. The lowest I think I've ever been at this height was about 145 in high school. I was swimming a couple hours a day and instructing water aerobics classes 3x a day. I didn't stay at that weight for very long. I think I'll try for 155-160.
  • tsimmsva
    Options
    5' 11"
    Started out at 198
    Now 183
    Goal 150 to 155