My least favorite comment

Options
1235»

Replies

• ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Since I am the tallest person in my family (dad 5'6, mom 5'3, siblings...short), it's always fun to hear "Where did you come from!?! The mailman?!?" Um, yeah...good one.

Too bad I did play basketball...

Or my favorite when someone would ask how much more weight I planned to lose and the response was "OMG, where would you lose all that weight from?!" I'm tall. I weigh more. Shut up.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I dislike when people tell me I'm skinny enough. "Where you going to lose it from?? Your feet?" Ha Ha funny! NOT!

I think because they aren't making healthier changes in their lives they want me to stop what I'm doing. Naw I'm not gaining all that weight back. I've made these changes for life.

And I'm a 195 lbs...is that skinny??
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My least favorite comment is what my daughter's boyfriend's father said to her when he first met her. (She is 6'4", her boyfriend is 6'3", her boyfriend's father is 6'5"). As she stepped out of the car to greet him for the first time, he said, "Wow, you're huge!"

Huge. Seriously? A 6'4" athlete who weighs 170.

An athlete who used to be a ski racer, but had to give it up because she was too tall-and-light for the task. Had to give it up because a strong wind would blow her back up the hill.

Wish I knew the father. I'm only 6' tall, but I do weigh nearly 200, and I would like to take him on and pop him one in the smackeroo!
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always got the basketball and volleyball comments too. Nope, I twirled flags, sorry. Through high school and college I worked at a local grocery store. We had these black mats behind the registers to stand on and almost daily someone would lean over the counter to see what I was standing on to make me so tall. Um, the mat was about 1.5 inches tall. So then I'd get, "wow, you really are that tall."

My other favorite was the "you're lucky you're so tall, you can carry the weight".
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Growing up in Arizona my HS was predominately mexican and navajo. I got called the jolly white giant almost daily. Amazingly Ive never got the basketball question. Ive always been kind of reclusive so anyone that knows me, knows me playing basketball is a joke! lol.

Edit to add: Ive never took offense to being called an amazon. First time someone called me that I was really young so I asked what it ment. They told me it was a tall, strong, gorgeous woman.