Wonder products!

Options
Laura_beau
Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
What are your favourite low carb products- care to share?

ie: Low carb breads, sauces, sugar subsitutes, flavourings, pizza doughs/substitutes.

Any good stockists, stores or websites?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Josephs Low Carb breads.... They have pita, lavash, tortillas all made with Oat, Flax and Whole Wheat combined.. and they are actually VERY good!

They are a company out of Lawrence, Massachusetts and its VERY easy to find these products just about anywhere!

http://www.josephsbakery.com
  • Bearpie
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles...

Not fond of the Tofu versions: http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

But like the brand JFC version of the noodles: http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/jfc-white-shirataki-noodles-16-0-oz
  • cramernh
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles...

Not fond of the Tofu versions: http://www.shiratakinoodles.net/

But like the brand JFC version of the noodles: http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/jfc-white-shirataki-noodles-16-0-oz

Im the opposite, I LOVE the tofu version - especially when making a beef stroganoff or a Czech style chicken paprikash...
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Diet Coke! Can't live without a fix about 2-3 times a week. It's like my sweet treat every couple of days for being "good"! I know the theory that it's not that good for your insulin levels etc, but come on, a girl's gotta live!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Spaghetti squash- great for making spaghetti bolognese!

Not as low in carbs as shiritaki (I'm yet to try those but will do soon)- but a great texture and base for sauce.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Smokin Joe Jones Sugar Free Barbecue sauce, the art on the package will have you laughing. Good bbq sauce though.
    Bella Vita marinara sauce. I missed my Prego marinara and this is an excellent substitute.
    Toufayan Low carb pita and La Tortilla Factory tortillas.
    Walden Farms 0 cal, 0 carb, 0 nearly everything maple syrup. I use it as a marinade so I can't tell you how it is on anything else.
    Baskin and Robbins sugar free cookies and cream hard candy. The sugar alcohols don't upset my stomach and they're super tasty. Helped me a ton with Halloween this year

I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head but I purchase most of these products off of netrition.com. I get the pita and tortillas from the grocery store.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Atkins Carb control bars....They really help me in between meals or as a snack at night. Some are like a Granola bar others are more like a candy bar. Loaded with protein and fiber!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash- great for making spaghetti bolognese!

Not as low in carbs as shiritaki (I'm yet to try those but will do soon)- but a great texture and base for sauce.

Aren't you in the UK? I always thought Spaghetti squash is and American thing? Where do you buy it?

Daisy
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    Josephs Low Carb breads.... They have pita, lavash, tortillas all made with Oat, Flax and Whole Wheat combined.. and they are actually VERY good!

They are a company out of Lawrence, Massachusetts and its VERY easy to find these products just about anywhere!

YES YES!!! I can get them at my local wal-mart and love the Lavish's. I cut them in half and it is my fav!!!!
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    Anything Atkins just about!! The peanut Butter Crisp bars are wonderful!!! I used to like the shakes a lot but they are not as good as they used to be....

I love Body Fortress Super Whey protein powders, the Vanilla and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavors are wonderful. I am currently experimenting with protein recipes so keep a look out in the recipes for those....

Sugar Free Dark Hershey's Chocolate mini's. So hard to only eat one!!!

Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha creamer!! My current to die for cup of coffee :)
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese! You can make bread, pancakes, cover MiMs, dip celery. OMG cream cheese is wonderful!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    @ Daisy80 - It is generally an American thing- it's VERY difficult to find one in the UK. Some independant greengrocers or farm shops may sell them in season.

My mum has an allotment and I asked her to grow me some..... and boy did she! I got about 20 of the buggers! I'll ask her to do the same again next year.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    @ Daisy80 - It is generally an American thing- it's VERY difficult to find one in the UK. Some independant greengrocers or farm shops may sell them in season.

My mum has an allotment and I asked her to grow me some..... and boy did she! I got about 20 of the buggers! I'll ask her to do the same again next year.

Thanks for your reply! I would love to try them. I might ask my green grocer if he can get hold of some. They sound great!

Cheers!

Daisy
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 149
    Options
    Unsweet tea with stevia

trader joe's 3 cheese marinara with spaghetti squash
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options

YES YES!!! I can get them at my local wal-mart and love the Lavish's. I cut them in half and it is my fav!!!!

i have heard of them, but never have noticed them in any stores around here. might just have to order me some of the pita
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think for nutrition Almond milk is amazing, but i just bought some to try the other day and I spat it out. UGH. If I can find some yummy coffee drink to make with it, MAYBE I will give it a shot... Someone give me some non-gross uses?
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jello is kind of a godsend in helping with giving me a sweet or 2. No word on if it'll stall me, but I like it.
  • cramernh
    Options
    I think for nutrition Almond milk is amazing, but i just bought some to try the other day and I spat it out. UGH. If I can find some yummy coffee drink to make with it, MAYBE I will give it a shot... Someone give me some non-gross uses?

I know many people who use Almond Milk for making sugar-free puddings, use it for making their protein-breakfast smoothies... Im not a fan of the Almond milk, but LOVE LOVE LOVE - the Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk.. DAMNIT that tastes like candy to me! Makes a GREAT smoothie with frozen strawberries and French Vanilla Designer Whey protein powder!
  • starfires
    starfires Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A lot of the low carb products don't seem to be available here in the UK so my lifesavers are diet coke and Atkins bars (which I can't find in supermarkets for some reason and have to go all the way to bloody Boots for). I really want some DaVinci syrup though, it sounds like it'd be divine in my morning coffee!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    A lot of the low carb products don't seem to be available here in the UK so my lifesavers are diet coke and Atkins bars (which I can't find in supermarkets for some reason and have to go all the way to bloody Boots for). I really want some DaVinci syrup though, it sounds like it'd be divine in my morning coffee!

Starfires- Here you go :

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/

This website is great and sells a lot of the low carb products that are available in the US, including every Da Vinci syrup flavour under the sun!!

The also do the Joseph's Pitta breads, Lavash flatbreads & tortillas and the 'Flat out' Flatbreads.

As well as sweets, chocolates, peanut butter, jam, honey, sauces, and low carb spice mixes.