Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am now officially engaged and have a super good reason to stay slim!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

YAY!!! congrats!!! :drinker:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    no change in weight this week....still 215 but let me think about my OWLS.....I can't find the thread that gives the list for how to gain points. Could anyone share it?

Pam
    Hi Pam. You can find all of the weekly challenges in my blog. I've added the blog info to my profile so you can find it easily. Just click on my user name and that will take you to my profile. You can then copy and paste the link to the blog. We are currently finishing up Week 2 and going into Week 3.
    Scarlettdawn764 - that is fantastic! Congratulations!!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

And on a separate note, welcome to all of our new Ravenclaws! Happy to have you with us! :)
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!! :drinker:

Checking in...

Pounds: 277 (down 1.4 lbs)
    House points: 210
    Food OWLS: 0
    Exercise OWLS: 0
    Spirit owls: 1
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think it might be the night he asks me THE QUESTION!!!!

EEEEEE i just got engaged less than a month ago I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!
  • kburns0709
    Options
    woooow i quoted the wrong post I'm sorry!!!

my weight for this week is still 178.4, I've had a hard time getting back on track! ill look and see what kind of owls i got!
  • kburns0709
    Options
    House points: 90

my OWLS for the week:

Exercise: 3 (lift heavier weights!)
    Food: 5 (no junk)
    Spirit: 2
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well I'm weighing in for the week at 134.8. Less than five pounds away from my "ultimate goal". After some consideration I've decided I'm doing a quickie courthouse wedding and spending all wedding funds on a Hawaiian honeymoon! Cottage on the beach, Pearl Harbor monument, volcano tour! This of course will require me at some point to be in a bathing suit. If that's not motivation I don't know what is lol.

OWLs:
    Exercise:3
    Food:2 (I have had a bit of a fall off on logging my calories. I will get back to it!)
    Spirit:2 (that may be a modest guess, but I have been very slacking this week)
    Total OWLs: 7
    House Points: 100 (my best guess. again, i didn't log much this week)

My goals for this week (due to my slacking this last week):
    Exercise: Just actually do and log some form of activity for at least 30 minutes, as I have really not been working out at all. I wonder if it's that seasonal slump thing Sue was talking about
    Food: Log my food EVERYDAY and keep under my calories, keep under my fat, keep under my carbs, get all my calcium, get at LEAST my minimum of protein if not more, and get all of my fiber. AND no junk food this week seeing as how I pretty much threw that to the side this week. Hope my goals are stiff enough penalty for the debauching I've done this week lol.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    checking with weekly stats. i haven't kept track of much of anything this past week, but happily i'm back on track.

weight 174.2 is a 2.6lb loss (after a 2lb gain last week)
    OWLS-didn't keep track
    HP-142
    this week will be better!!

new goals: food-stay below on sodium every day
    exercise-30 minutes a day (had been seriously slacking off this past week!!)

happy sunday to all :bigsmile:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    (from http://www.streetdirectory.com) ...it seems likely that we have a natural genetic inclination to store more fat as winter approaches. Many animals do this and it was probably vital to survival for our ancestors. Extra layers of adipose tissue on the body protect us against the cold. It is then used as fuel in the late winter and early spring when food stocks would historically be very low due to the now melting frost. Equally important we probably have a tendency to eat more in the fall, when food is plentiful after harvest time, to help this process along. And we may also unconsciously tend to choose fatty foods at this time.

The problem is, with ample year-round food supplies, we no longer have to use our stored "fuel" at the end of the cold season. To top it off, shorter days reduce the brain's production of serotonin, the mood-boosting brain chemical that helps suppress food cravings and overeating. So what can we do to stop the winter weight gain? I found a list of 9 tips that you might find helpful. I'm definitely going to give them a try! http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/03/winter-weight-gain/

^^^^^ THIS!!!!! I absolutely think I'm experiencing a seasonal slump right now- hence the need for the 60 minutes of exercise goal!!! I just feel like snuggling in to comfy sweats and a hoodie sweatshirt.

Today's Stats (Saturday/Sunday)
    Food (no snacking between 3-5): +2
    Exercise (60 minutes): +1
    Spirit: +1
    House Points: 102

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 4
    House Points: 102
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ravenclaws its been great, I am jumping over to slytherin because they're a bit light on people and it seems we have lots.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ravenclaws its been great, I am jumping over to slytherin because they're a bit light on people and it seems we have lots.
    We'll miss you tameko! Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws! Checking in.

Weight: 227.2 down THREE POUNDS! I don't remember the last time I was this low!
    OWLS: 8
    House points: 112

Not a bad week! Can't wait to start up this week!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws:

Forgot to check in yesterday. Work is crazy, and my stress level is way to high, then a hormanal imbalance hit, so i have been a hot mess for the past two days.

My results:
    Weight: 216.8
    House points: 695
    Owls:
    Excercise: 5
    Food : 5
    Spirit: 4

Have a happy Sunday everyone!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Morning Ravenclaws!

Sue, you are definitely right about the winter slump. I *am* a pile of blankets at the moment, and all I want is hot soup. Makes me a bit worried for how we're going to do come Thanksgiving and Christmas. We're having dinner at my aunt's place, so I think that'll help with the leftovers.

Yesterday I had Japanese food hibachi style- LOVE IT! And I got to have my usual with the right planning for the day. That fried rice... I could eat that nonstop if given permission.

I hope shopping exercise isn't cheating. I'm going today and was looking forward to the arduous workout of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, crouching, and waiting.

I have a confession to make since I'm all cozy:

I. LOVE. BREAD.

That's it, I said it. I could eat any loaf right when it's still warm. Oh so delicious. Could also pack half a loaf of bread toast-style and call it a snack. Now I eat mushrooms, celery, zucchini, sweet peas, bell peppers, etc... By making those into accessible ready to eat snacks at the start of the week, and not having my vice warmed up, I find myself forgetting how much I truly love bread. I think I can call that progress.

Question on creating your own exercise. It asks how many calories you burned... how are you supposed to know? How does one figure that out?

Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

I have a confession to make since I'm all cozy:

I. LOVE. BREAD.

That's it, I said it. I could eat any loaf right when it's still warm. Oh so delicious. Could also pack half a loaf of bread toast-style and call it a snack. Now I eat mushrooms, celery, zucchini, sweet peas, bell peppers, etc... By making those into accessible ready to eat snacks at the start of the week, and not having my vice warmed up, I find myself forgetting how much I truly love bread. I think I can call that progress.

Question on creating your own exercise. It asks how many calories you burned... how are you supposed to know? How does one figure that out?

Thanks! :bigsmile:

i love bread, too...like, seriously love bread. i went cold turkey at first, and now i'm introducing "better" breads into my diet. i like the extra fiber light style by pepperidge farm that's 40 calories a slice. IF i have white bread, it's the kind that my mom or grandma make, so at least i know it's healthier than the kind u buy at the store :bigsmile:

as for the calories burned, look up heart rate monitors on the message boards. you'll find some good info on there. if you're creating your own exercises, it might be a good investment for you. i LOVE mine!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    last week - 198.2
    this week - 195.8

week's loss - 2.4 lbs :drinker:

i ate OVER 2000 calories every day this week, and i lost 2.4 lbs! how did THAT happen?!? lol

exercise minutes - 450
    food owls - 7
    exercise owls - 1 (i kept forgetting!!:grumble: )
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    hey ravenclaws! my house points for this week are: 272