Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I gained this week as well. I went on a business trip so there were three days of eating every meal out and I did not make good choices! Hopefully I can get back on track this week.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I lost this week woot!!!

Great challenges both- definitely things I need to work on. Don't forget to weigh-in today Ravenclaws!!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!!

Arms done for the day: 25 bicep curls with 15lb weights and 25 "real" pushups
    Run done for the day- although its really dark out there at 5am in the morning!!!
    Logging- done for yesterday and so far so good today!!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hiya Ravenclaw! We're out of the 100's (degrees F that is) here for the forseeable future - FINALLY!! Still in the upper 90's - but still better than the 100's - LOL! So maybe I'll feel a little more motivated to exercise. We'll see...

Did my arms last night. Almost forgot and got back out of bed just to work my arms! :laugh: The silly things we do.

Have a great day!
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    Hey everyone! The weather here can't seem to decide if it wants to cool down or stay hot so my sinuses are acting up. I really hope I don't get a sinus infection! I keep forgetting to work my arms... maybe today I'll actually remember once I get off of here.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Am so bad at logging at the moment!!

Right, prefects for this week are....

Azsuzi and momofJandA!!! Again!! Well done you guys!!

Challenges from you both please, I'll let you fight it out for who does which- whoever posts first can set either food or exercise, whichever they want, and the second one to post has to do whatever's left...

And, well done to me and THeWinged for being the only two who lost this week!!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    I AM SO BAD AT LOGGING!!!!

Am trying to get back on track but have ben useless for three days, MUST TRY HARDER!!!!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Wow, busy weekends for you guys I guess! Challenges anyone? If not, I am going to continue with the old ones because I really need to improve on both of those!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I have an idea for the challenges: since we're on our extra week anyway and we all seem to be slipping, how about we leave the food challenge the same but change the exercise challenge to be "do something every day and log it". So our 3 challenges are:
    Food: log everything you eat - 1 OWL for each day accomplished
    Exercise: do something and log it - 1 OWL for each day accomplished
    Spirit: drop in the common room and post something - 1 OWL for each day accomplished

Maybe this will encourage us to get back in the game and be more involved with our own and each other's weight loss/health journeys.

I must confess that I haven't been dropping in here as much as I used to because I was feeling like I was talking to myself. It's sad to see our little common room so inactive. We've had a good run over the last year and a half and with a little effort we can keep it going for who knows how long.

Our new healthier eating habits feed our bodies, our exercise feeds our souls, but the common room feeds our inner geeks. So come on Ravenclaws - let's show our Ravenclaw spirit!!
  • p0tt3rgl33k
    p0tt3rgl33k Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    (just saying Hi from Slytherin!)

I am probably starting it up FOR GOOD starting in October ~ tomorrow!!~ Hope to see some claws supporting their house!
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    Hey guys! It's been an extremely busy weekend for me! I haven't even had time to log my food but I definitely need to do that right now! I like the challenges for this week and I can definitely improve on those.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hi guys!

I agree with Azsuzi, so food challenge stays the same and exercise challenge is to do something, anything!!

Logging in today a tiny bit down, am pleased, but nowhere near my target for the month. Boo! I am going to kill this in October!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hiya Ravenclaw. Am up today thanks to many bad choices over the weekend. That all stops today with a new attitude going into October! I've been lazy about my self-discipline in eating and exercising. My weight is up about 10 pounds from a year ago and my clothes are feeling tight again. I am trying to keep in mind my reasons for losing the weight in the first place (other than looking better!) - lower cholesterol and blood pressure, more energy and a healthy brain. This isn't supposed to be about vanity - it is supposed to be about my health. So here's to a healthy October! :drinker:
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am SO in for HEALTHY OCTOBER!

I just got back from my 4 day cruise today. I plan on getting back on track :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Day 1 - food logged (actually under cals!!), exercised and logged and spirit posted! Happy Monday!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Now weigh 97.9 Ibs bit nervous about that.
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    I lost this week!

I was sick yesterday so I didn't log or exercise but I'm going to make up for that today!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Healthy October! Healthy October! Healthy October! I am in!!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Day 2 Oct - eating ok but don't know if I'll get in a full workout. I am, however, using the stairs instead of the elevator and have done some wall push-ups which I will count as exercise even though there's no cardio to log.

Have a great day Ravenclaw!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am in for Healthy October too! I've put on weight again, after I tried so hard to lose it. Today I've done pretty well. Went to boot camp and ate reasonably healthy.