Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I didn't realize that I wasn't getting anywhere near my protein goal until this week! I definitely need to pay more attention to that.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! I haven't had time to even turn on my computer at home this week and don't have the spreadsheet bookmarked here - can someone put 159 in my weigh-in for the week? I really appreciate it!

Been doing pretty good food-wise this week. I had gotten out of the logging routine (I was actually avoiding logging because I didn't like where my eating had gone), but for the last two weeks I've logged every day. So - I feel like I'm taking control again, and that's a good thing.

Have a good day!
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! I haven't had time to even turn on my computer at home this week and don't have the spreadsheet bookmarked here - can someone put 159 in my weigh-in for the week? I really appreciate it!

Done!
  • azsuzi
    Options

Done!
    Thanks!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ah, I love that we can help each other out like that!

Protein goal is a good one, it's making me really think about the type of food I eat and not just the calories in it. Yay!

Azsuzi- I am going to leave the spreadsheet as it is, and then add an extra week onto Septeber so we get back on track.

Right, house stuff...

Prefects this week are... CivicSista and MomofJandA (for the second week in a row...) Well done you two! CivicSista- can you give us a food challenge, and momofJandA, an exercise one? Thanks guys.

Also congratualtions to Azsuzi, Brittlynn, CivicSista, me, MatchaMatcha, MomofJandA, and srp2011, who all lost this week!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Food Challenge:

Water! Get in your 8 glasses or more of water.

I never drink enough and can tell the next day.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Totally blew it today. Must stay away from the candy bowls - they set me on a downward spiral every time. :ohwell:
  • lottee1000
    Options
    I am in a coffee shop eating a muffin, bad sign for today...

Good challenge CivicSista x
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws!!!!

Ran my first half marathon today . . . I was really really really happy with my time and performance. I hd set out with the goal of under 2 hours and walk if I needed to. Well I actually ran the whole thing (although the last .5 mile I felt like I was going to die and I could see the finish line the whole time and I just kept thinking "don't give up now!") with a time of 1:48:59 . . . so a 8:20 pace. So I exceeded my goal. Of course at the end I actually had the "I can do a marathon now" thought (my husband might kill me :wink: )

Exercise goal . . . set a goal and every day you meet it give yourself a point (in honor of my half marathon goal and also very PERSONAL). So my goal this week is 200 bicycle crunches a day. Other ideas: 10 push ups, 1 more mile of walking, an extra 10 minutes of exercise, shaving time off a run, trying a new type of exercise, you get the idea. Make sure you tell us what your exercise goal for the week is!!!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw, how has everyone's week been going?

I gained a bit this week unfortunately. But to be honest I overate a lot. It was that time of month and that, plus uni stress had me going overboard :grumble:. I keep hoping that eventually I will get to a point where I don't stress eat, but obviously that's something you have to really work on.

I started my second round of Boot Camp this morning (at the delightful hour of 6am). It's a 6 week 3x a week course, and I enjoyed it. Kind of sore, but not too bad. I'm looking forward to getting fit/fitter again and toning up. :happy:

I'm starting to cook more and more healthily as well. Having extra lean mince, skinless chicken etc. Hopefully this helps to. I'm in my healthy weight range now, and only about 5kg away from where I'd like to end up. So it's getting harder and harder to lose. My BMR is 1253 cals, and my eating goal is still 1200... not much wiggle room there.

Good luck everyone for the coming week :flowerforyou:
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    I gained a little this week due to a wedding on Saturday and eating a bigger piece of cake than I should have! I'm going to make my exercise goal for this week is to walk an extra mile each day.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hiya Ravenclaw! With my statistics class out of the way (with a B!) I'll have the next three weeks to focus more on my health. Then a new round of classes start but hopefully they will not be quite as stressful.

My exercise goal for this week is to do some kind of exercise each day. I have been very negligent and lazy with exercise and want/need to get back into a good routine. I was reading an article today that said that stress and depression trigger a hormonal reaction that can actually cause your brain to shrink. With the depression and memory loss that run in my family, I know I need to do whatever I can to keep my brain healthy - and exercise is an important part of that as well as an excellent stress reducer. So, for me, this is a very good challenge - thanks Tori!

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

So I ate all my calories today by lunchtime :noway: . Got Chinese takeaway, and ate it all at once instead of half for lunch and half for dinner. Gotta get my portions back in check :ohwell: .

My exercise goal for this week is to train hard at Boot Camp. It's a tough class, and I'm usually panting all the way through, but then if I take it easy I will walk out and 5mins later I'm not tired any more. I think (for me at least) it's too easy when you're exercising to convince yourself that you're too tired/it's too hard, when you really have to keep pushing yourself to get the most out of it. So I plan to get the most out of it :smile:.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hey all, busy week but am enjoying it. My exercise goal is at least twenty minutes every day, I've got to get back into regular exercise!

Well done to our prefects this week, Azsuzi aaaaaaaaaaaaaandd... MomOfJandA! Come on the rest of you that's three weeks in a row! Challenges from you two please, MomofJandA- food and Azsuzi, exercise please, if you don't mind!!

Right, off fo r a swim, happy humpday Ravenclaws!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws!

First run this morning after the half on Sunday . . . I thought I would be sore but it felt great- even though it was more like an obstacle course out there with all the down tree branches and puddles.

Weight is up since Sunday morning- I'm thinking not enough water and lactic acid build up- or I just have been overeating and not watching my portions as closely as I should be :(
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Totally fell off the radar for the last couple of days - didn't log and didn't drop in to say "hi" to all my Ravenclaw friends! Life is SOOO busy now. We're understaffed at work and trying to hire, but in the meantime, there are only 2 of us to do the work of 4! Trying to stay on track, but I must admit that I ended up in the candy bowls yesterday :( Today, though, so far so good...

Have a great day everyone!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend - you must be since no one is in the common room! :laugh:

Exercise for this week: work those arms! Any exercise you want to do that will help strengthen and sculp.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws! Hope you're all well, started my morning with a run so am feeling very virtuous!!

Good arm challenge Azsuzi, I will have to think about what I'm going to do with them...

Will hopefully be down this week on weigh-in day, have had a good week i think!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    hey Ravenclaws!!!

First prefect business: Food challenge= log your food-every bite! (I have been getting really lax about logging and need to kick my own butt)

Personal "stuff"- had a 5K yesterday. Ended up starting almost 2 minutes after everyone else (long story . . involves a d***head policeman, no parking, and not showing up on the preregistered list even though I did!)- anyway ran a 24:05 by my personal timekeeping and took 1st place for my age group!! A lot of people came up to me afterwards and were like "wow great job! We didn't think you would catch up much less place! and how the hell did you keep THAT pace up the whole time?"
    I am really proud of how far I have come in my running- I might actually be "good"
    Thinking of doing another half on 10/7 . . . that would make 2 in 3 weeks though and I'm a bit nervous about it, however I have the itch and I'm sure I will do it.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Great challenge momofJandA! I've been getting sloppy about logging too so this will be a good way to get back in it! And congrats on your 5K win! You've come a long way since you broke your ankle last year!!

Starting the week off with a day off - but going into work anyway :ohwell: We are SOOO behind and in accounting, you have to get it done before month end. I'll be glad when we get another person hired!!

My weight is up again this week. I know exactly why (unnecessary snacking) and I know just what to do to bring it down (stop snacking!) but when I'm tired, it seems all I want to do is snack.

Have a good Monday everyone! To those of you not posting - where are you??? I miss you guys!! :flowerforyou: