Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a spectacular disaster for me! Work stresses had me grazing from the candy bowl all day long and I was so busy that I never logged anything into my diary. By the time I got home, there was no way that I could remember everything that I had shoved into my mouth! But today's a new day and a new opportunity.

Peace!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a meeting in NYC - did surprisingly well this time - there just wasn't a lot of tempting food around. Won't be so lucky next weekend in Chicago - the last meeting that I went to for this particular company was a complete food fest. So, planning to try to squeeze in as much exercise as I possibly can this week before I leave. The challenge this week should help :-)
  • brittlynn8907
    brittlynn8907 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I never posted a food challenge!:embarassed: I personally need to focus on my water intake so one owl for every day you drink 8 cups of water.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ravenclaws!!

I have been at the biscuit barrel with a vengeance today, GRRRR. Have got netball training after school though so will hopefully work it off a bit...

Must be more dedicated!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    In bonus news, I lost 3lb this week, go me!!!

First netball training session last night (for those of you who don't play it, it's like basketball only slightly less movement, more restrictions on who can shoot, etc. A lot of fun though! 90 minutes of training was ace, absolutely shattered by the end of it though!!!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?... :-)

Off on a hike in a minute or two, fingers crossed I can keep up!!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?... :-)

Yeah - sad to say we might be seeing the end of our Hogwart's group. We might have more interaction if we use the news feed to keep in touch and close down the house. :sad:
    Sorry I've been AOL - just no time any more. Haven't logged or exercised all week! Hope you all are doing well. Looks like you kicked butt on your hike Lottee - loads of calories burned! :drinker:
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    I just got back from a business trip and didn't have internet access. I really hope this group doesn't end!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    I've also had a stupid week, no logging since tuesday, no exercise either, gah!

I don't know what to do about the group, there's still six or seven people logging weight etc every week, but no one in the forum! I guess we'll keep going with the group for now, and see what happens. I might start using the newsfeed more often.

As for challenges this week, I'm sorry I didn't sort them sooner so I'm going to do them and keep them simple this week...

Food: log everything
    Exercise: do 30 mins every day

These seem like things we need to get back on track with!

Winners this week were Brittlynn and me, fyi!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I like having the spreadsheet to track my progress throughout the month but I don't always have something to say (or the time to say it!). And I know that coming up with weekly challenges is... well... a challenge!

I'd like to keep in touch with all of the friends I've made here, and I think that the newsfeed may be the most efficient way to continue with that. My suggestion is to shift the chats to the newsfeed and use the spreadsheet this way:

* log weight
    * OWLs = number of days you complete your food diary
    * House Points = minutes of exercise

No awards or challenges, just the satisfaction of seeing how your week and month stacks up against fellow Ravenclaws. (And Lottee, I could take over maintenance of the spreadsheet again if you want since it was my creation to begin with...)

Thoughts anyone?
  • brittlynn8907
    Options
    I also like using the spreadsheet for tracking. I think azsuzi is right though. I don't always have time to post something here but I enjoy keeping up with everyone.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I like having the room here to chat. But you feel like it should be shut down, the news feed will work too.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Ok, how's about this...

This week, we contniue as normal, as that takes us up to the end of October and the end of the spread sheet. Then, we do as Azsuzi suggest, with logging in with weight, OWLs being how many days you do your diary (PROPERLY, no guestimating!!) and House Points for exercise minutes. The spreadsheet is super handy I think.

That way, we can still compete with each other, but there are no challenges, unless someone wants to post one for us all to join in with! We can leave this group open as well, but mainly comunicate though news feeds unless there's something we want to broadcast to everyone, when it might be easier to do it here.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    That sounds good to me - sorry to think its come to this though. We've had a good run with Ravenclaw though - can you believe its been almost a year and a half since we started the original Harry Potter challenge?

So, my weight was up again this week. I know that if I would just lay off the chocolate I would start losing again, but I get to mid-day and all I want is chocolate! Like Ron said, I need to sort out my priorities!

Love you guys!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't always have the time to post on here but I love the spreadsheet. :)
  • CivicSista
    Options
    I'm not friends with all of you yet on the news feed, but I have to let you all know- I registered for my first run, that is being held on Sunday!
    Run 2 miles, eat a dozen Kripsy Kreme doughnuts, and run 2 miles back. Am I crazy or what!?
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Ha ha ha civicSista that sounds mental!!! Good luck!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I'm not friends with all of you yet on the news feed, but I have to let you all know- I registered for my first run, that is being held on Sunday!
    Run 2 miles, eat a dozen Kripsy Kreme doughnuts, and run 2 miles back. Am I crazy or what!?

AHHHHH! I LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts!! Have one for me! :)
  • CivicSista
    Options
    The race got rescheduled for February. :( hurricane sandy scared everyone, and its a perfect day outside today.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Fingers crossed no one gets too affected by H. Sandy! Hope you're all ok!