Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the spread sheet idea! Checking in
    Cw- 162, I actually was lower on Friday, but the weekend and superbowl KILLED me!!
    Owls-0
    Newts-20
    HP- 420
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    checking in

monthly calorie burned goal: (36000 last month) 30000 this month due to it being shorter

owls: 0
    newts: 0
    spew: 1
    hp: 0

didnt log anything this past week due to being very busy with work (not an excuse because i did work out just didnt log it, so can t say how many minutes or how many calories i burned)

may this week be easier once i get all work caught up!
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Checking in!

CW - 164.5
    NEWTS - 35
    OWLS - 0
    SPEW - 0
    HP - 210

:-)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet on Google Docs is a pretty smart idea, no harder to enter them there than on here, and you do have an awful lot of other stuff to deal with. :)

Maybe post the link to Open Office software too, when you give us the Google Docs location, in case anyone doesn't already have Excel etc?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    On holiday, not sure about the scales I'm using, and I'm eating out a lot too so my weight's all over the place. Still below target weight though, and I'm sure a lot of the weight I've put on is due to sodium and swollen muscles - I'm doing a LOT of exercise here! :smile:

CW 118.6
    OWL 25
    NEWT 30
    SPEW 3
    HP 529
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! I know I let things slip a little this weekend too! But it is Monday and we got this! :-)
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor!
    Last Monday: 144.6 lbs
    Today: 143.2 lbs
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    Spew: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Jan 30th to Sunday, Feb 5th totalled 75 Minutes = 75 Points
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    CW: 181

Nothing else. Restarting c25k today so I will actually have some exercise. Thinking of starting spike calorie-ing tomorrow, having read up on it, to see if I can kick myself out of this horrible plateau.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I was a bit lazy over my birthday weekend, and I'm getting caught up tomorrow. Promise! :)

Here are the challenges for the rest of February: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/february-gryffindor-owls-newts-201348

Make sure to double check the dates on the blog!

WEEK 2:
    (Starting after check-in between 2/3-2/6
    and ending with check-in between 2/10-2/13)

OWL (exercise): Globe Jumps! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc
    Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Rainbow Meals! Eat as many meals with 5 colors of food as possible each day. Set a goal that works best for you.
    5 NEWTs for every day you meet your goal. 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Check in!

CW135
    OWLS: 10
    NEWTS :30. I don't drink much soda and never sugar soda anymore so I gave up dark chocolate almond milk. See how dedicated I am, that was painful! As soon as I get paid I am back on the chocolate almond milk.
    SPEW:2
    HP:919
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE! I KNOW YOU CAN ALL COMMIT TO GOALS YOU SET AND REACH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good evening Gryffs! Checking in :smile:

Last Monday: 171.7
    CW: 172.2 :(
    Owls: 0
    Newts: 20
    Spew: 1
    House Points 01/31-02/06 = 120pts
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    CW: 213.25
    OWLs: 3 pts (I did do some arm circles!)
    NEWTs: 0
    SPEW: 0 (sorry, very busy week!)
    HP: 43 (Tae Kwon Do on Saturday morning)

Eating got off track a bit this weekend - I stayed away from solid grains, but I did have two beers at the Super Bowl party I went to (and two cups of cranberry juice and rum) and ate WAY too much food. Had a much better day Monday!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hey you wonderful Gryffindors! Hope everyone had a good weekend, and here's to a great week :drinker:
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No loss for me last week :(
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    CW: 199lbs (no loss, but no gain!)
    Spew: 2
    HP: 60

Decided to give myself a break last week, lost 9lb altogether in Jan and have a mini target of 195 by the end of Feb so back on track this week.

Have a great week fellow Gryffs
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    CW: 199lbs (no loss, but no gain!)
    Spew: 2
    HP: 60

Decided to give myself a break last week, lost 9lb altogether in Jan and have a mini target of 195 by the end of Feb so back on track this week.

Have a great week fellow Gryffs
    9 pounds in January, that's amazing!! Keep that up and you will easily make your February goal. Must be the quidditch training. I wish they had a quidditch league for old people, I would join right up.
    Have a great week!
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yea i can definitely say the weirdest experience of my working week was trying to build a prototype Quidditch goal post. I will need to post some pics when they are completed and in place.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Happy Friday, Gryffindors!

I'm doing my best to have the spreadsheet set up sometime this morning. It would be awesome if you waited to post your stats (or at least look for the chart and post them again there) until the chart is ready!

Thanks so much guys. <3
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Headmistress interruption:

IF YOU REPLY TO THIS THREAD, YOU'RE ACCEPTED!

Please read the rules (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398364-inter-house-challenges-rules-info-s) before you ask questions! It's very likely they will be answered for you there. You're always welcome to ask more questions after!

Carry on... :)

Let's give this a try.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. You should be able to access it AND edit it from this link, with or without actually having Excel on your actual computer. You should only be editing information for yourself ONLY. If you need help with doing that correctly, always feel free to ask.

To decode my system a little bit:

The dates are always the last day of that week to check in, so the Monday. So for last week, check in was between 2/3 and 2/6, so the spreadsheet date you should enter under is 2/6. It will read 6-Feb.

HP stands for House points, enter yours there. O&N&S is a lumped sum of all your OWLs, NEWTs and SPEWs. If you'd still like to comment on how you did on them separately, feel free to post it again in the Common Room! I love hearing how you're doing even if I don't have time to reply to you all individually.

The % Lost column should update itself when you enter your weights. PLEASE DO NOT MESS WITH THIS COLUMN! I will copy your numbers into my master spreadsheet every week to calculate the totals (so I can omit people who missed weigh ins, etc, and make it simpler for you guys).

You're free to scroll to the right and enter a goal weight for each month. For February, if you've already posted one, it's in the chart now.

The total House Points and % Lost should also update themselves. PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH THESE COLUMNS, EITHER! If there's a problem, let me know and I'll double check it. Easy peasy.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFBBNFlUUjFPOUFmUjJRZ0R0RS04MEE

Go ahead and start entering your info starting in the 13-Feb column. Don't enter previous info at this point, I'm cutting it off so I can do the calculations.

Again, let me know if you have troubles or any questions!

I'm going to update the Gryffindor Blog later and repost that, too. Everything will be recorded so you can look back on it if you have questions.

Good luck to everyone finishing up this week! <3