Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Checking in!
    CW:135
    OWLS: 5 (I did The Order of the Phoenix, trust me, there were lots of spells cast in that one too!) My abs are still trembling
    NEWTS:0
    SPEW: 3
    HP:808
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in!
    cw- 161
    owls-5
    newts- 0
    spew-2
    hp-300
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    checking in

monthly calorie burned goal: 36000
    1/16 14797
    1/23 20719
    1/30 27230

owls: 5
    newts: 0
    spew: 3
    hp: 1270
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Its official Im now in training for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfPij5ABdo

I work for one of the major universities in Northern Ireland and part of my job is organising events for students. One of my team came to me and asked if we could organise a Quidditch tournament and showed me the above link. So its on for March/April! Now just to decide my position..........

Hope everyone is doing well so far this week, everyones arms getting a good workout?
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Its official Im now in training for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfPij5ABdo

I work for one of the major universities in Northern Ireland and part of my job is organising events for students. One of my team came to me and asked if we could organise a Quidditch tournament and showed me the above link. So its on for March/April! Now just to decide my position..........

Hope everyone is doing well so far this week, everyones arms getting a good workout?

AWESOME! This is so cool!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    GRYFFINDORS!

I need your input. At least Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff have started doing this, and I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to at least try.

Those Houses have started using a spreadsheet on Google Docs so that they can all go to a link, enter their own numbers, and save the Head of House more time for actually participating and thinking of challenges and doing normal life stuff.

You all know how hard of a time I've been having getting back into a routine and sticking to it. To be frank, the time it takes (and the motivation needed to start it each week) to record all your numbers and post all the results is daunting and a huge hurdle for me each week. I LOVE our little House and our group, but I think I need something to help take the load off a bit.

Now, what I'm thinking we try is this:

I'll set up a Google Doc spreadsheet where we will all go and enter our weights and House Points and OWLs/NEWTs/SPEW points for the week. It won't calculate the totals as a group, because I'll just do that real fast after all the numbers are entered. I'll still send out reminder messages when needed, but YOU would be responsible for entering your OWN stats into the chart.

Since everyone will be able to go in and view everyone's progress whenever they like, I'll stop posting the charts each week, and skip right to announcing the Prefects and stuff. The weekly challenges would stay the same (in the blog).

You would all still be MORE than welcome to keep posting in the Common Room thread to brag about the progress you're making or get support. Actually, if we implemented this system, all your update posts would count as SPEW, too. You'd just be entering it yourself so I don't have to separate the numbers from the SPEWing :)

What do you guys think? Do you think this would be something you're willing to do once we get the kinks out?
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely agree to that! It will be great to take some of the load off you :)
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Absolutely!! We have started doing that for the Twilight Challenge as well. It works just fine and saves a bunch of work for one person.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I know I suck at updating regularly and getting my numbers to you, but I promise I would give it my best!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, just tell us what we need to do when the time gets here ;)
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :)
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Perfect sounds good, if it helps you save some time im totally up for it.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I think it's a good idea.
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the spreadsheet is set up yet so im checking in here :)

CW: 150.8 (up .4lbs) :grumble:
    HP: 120

:drinker:
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I saw Woman in Black last night and it was really good and really scary. Daniel did a great job!! Harry has grown up nicely.
  • jls1661
    Options
    I saw Woman in Black last night and it was really good and really scary. Daniel did a great job!! Harry has grown up nicely.

I really want to see that! Glad to hear good reviews.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I really want to see that! Glad to hear good reviews.

I want to support him, but I don't love scary movies :( I'm glad he was good in it, tho! That makes me proud.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Also, keep checking in here for this week! I didn't want to start the google spreadsheet on such short notice. Next week for sure!
  • jls1661
    Options
    Weekly Check in

CW: 163 (up 1.5 pounds though I'm not really sure how)
    OWLS: 35
    NEWTS: 35
    SPEW: 3
    HP: 560