Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    CW: 181 (good, considering cycle time)
    Newts: 10

Nothing else. Had to let my dog go. Wasn't really interested in logging and such.

I am very sorry about your dog. I know how much our furry friends mean to us.
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

CW: 203.5
    HP: 145
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Late Evening Check In!!

CW: 171.5 (still not able to really burn any goo with cardio so i'm pretty pleased with this number!)
    OWLs: Not a one
    NEWts: 35
    SPEW: 1
    HP: 310
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    checking in ( i know im a lil late but its before midnight so ill take it)

monthly calorie burned goal: 36000
    1/16 14797
    1/23 20719

owls: 35
    newts: 35
    spew: 1
    hp: 1230

had the stomach flu so didnt get to come on and encourage much this last week but all better so i will do my best.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Last Monday: 172.4 lbs
    CW: 172.4 lbs (no loss :/)
    Owls: 0 pts
    Newts: 30 pts
    Spew: 1 pt
    House Points 01/16-01/22 = 210pts (total thus far 670 pts)

I dunno what happened, but it said I wasn't a member of the group when I came to check in :sad: I never left and it didn't say when I "left group" or was removed or whatever it was! :( Well I joined again, I hope that problem doesn't happen again. Did this happen to anyone else?
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I dunno what happened, but it said I wasn't a member of the group when I came to check in :sad: I never left and it didn't say when I "left group" or was removed or whatever it was! :( Well I joined again, I hope that problem doesn't happen again. Did this happen to anyone else?

This hasn't happened to me...it would probably scare me into thinking I had been removed to low activity in the thread here. :embarassed:

Glad you're back now!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    i never realized just how long commericals lasted until today when i did jumping jacks through a set of them. would have been a killer if i wasnt used to it.

hope you are all kicking your goals a**

Kind of like how I never realized how many times I go to the bathroom every day. I did lunges every time yesterday and my legs are feeling it, I think I'll change it up today and maybe do jumping jacks instead.

I work in an office and I don't have a door, just one of those little Office Space style cubes. Most exercises are impossible for me to do on my breaks, but I have started doing calf raises while I'm at the water fountain, washing my hands in the bathroom, waiting for my lunch to warm up in the microwave. I'm shocked at the difference it's making in my muscle soreness!
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CW: 166.1 lbs
    HP:220
    NEWTs: 20
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good Late Afternoon all my fellow gryffs! i hope that you are all having a wonderful day! i know you are all working hard on meeting goals and just want you to know i am sooo PROUD of each and everyone of you!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Kind of like how I never realized how many times I go to the bathroom every day. I did lunges every time yesterday and my legs are feeling it, I think I'll change it up today and maybe do jumping jacks instead.
    Haha, finally proof that drinking more water than your body needs CAN make you lose more weight! :bigsmile:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Haha, finally proof that drinking more water than your body needs CAN make you lose more weight! :bigsmile:

Haha, pretty much. I like the whole doing some type of excercise every potty break. There's one step that leads from the main house to the hall where the rest room is. So now I bust out 50-100 steps each time, I think it's a good habit to keep.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

This hasn't happened to me...it would probably scare me into thinking I had been removed to low activity in the thread here. :embarassed:

Glad you're back now!

That's really weird, because I didn't even THINK about removing anyone! I'd never do that!
  • Nekoashi
    Options

I am glad to be back, and I know I wasn't removed, everyone here is awesome and there's no need for anyone to be removed :P It was just odd how I wasn't a member all of a sudden. I can't be gotten rid of that easy ;)

Glad you're back now!

That's really weird, because I didn't even THINK about removing anyone! I'd never do that!
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    opps my response got jumbled in :ohwell:

to save the trouble of deciphering it, here's that I said haha:

I am glad to be back, and I know I wasn't removed, everyone here is awesome and there's no need for anyone to be removed :P It was just odd how I wasn't a member all of a sudden. I can't be gotten rid of that easy ;)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Guys, I'm so disappointed in myself for taking so long to post this stuff. I have no real excuse except I've the the HARDEST time focusing on any one task lately. It's starting to become an excuse ("I just couldn't focus today, AGAIN. Blah, blah, blah...") It's true, but I can push past it. I have to or I'm going to go crazy being angry at myself.

ANYways. I'm going to post the belated results for weeks 1 and 2 in two seperate posts. I'm going to wait another day or so to give people to reply to reminder messages for week 3 before I post those.

The week is practically over, so I feel bad giving you hard core OWLs and NEWTs. I'm really sorry about that. You really have no idea how sorry I am. I'll think of something general that you can either do it, or don't do it for the points this weekend, and I'll post February Week 1's challenges too. Later tonight so I can't procrastinate any more this week about it.

Alright, stand by for the updates! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    January Week 1 results:

Links to the pics are here at the bottom: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

429794_605258052643_179201885_32449089_1349947444_n.jpg

Nekoashi is our weight loss Prefect from Week 1, and Kelsue35 is our O/N/S Prefect from Week 1!

Belated congrats to both of you!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    January Week 2 results:

Links to the pics are here at the bottom: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

425883_605258067613_2092132762_n.jpg

Veganbaum is our weight loss Prefect from Week 2, and TourThePast (by one point!) is our O/N/S Prefect from Week 2!

Belated congrats to both of you, also!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    JANUARY WEEK 4:
    (Starting after check-in between 1/20-1/23
    and ending with check-in between 1/27-1/30)

403578_605380497263_179201885_32449105_150763657_n.jpg

OWL (exercise): Harry Potter Workout Game ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403578_605380497263_179201885_32449105_150763657_n.jpg )
    To finish off this week, play this game! It's basically like a drinking game, but with simple exercises. Try to watch at least one Harry Potter movie before Monday, and play the game along with it. It doesn't matter which movie, pick whichever one suits your mood. If you don't have the movies, pick a day to continue the Break exercises from last week, with these same exercises. 5 OWLs for the week if you do the Workout Game and/or the Break Exercises.

NEWT (food): None this week. It's too late in the week to really get into anything. Sorry, folks! :(

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

Here's the blog link, too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/january-gryffindor-owls-newts-185091
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    FEBRUARY WEEK 1:
    (Starting after check-in between 1/27-1/30
    and ending with check-in between 2/3-2/6)

OWL (exercise): Arm Circles! http://www.fitlink.com/exercise?type=bodyweight&exercise=arm+circles

I know at least one of us is confined to mostly upper body workouts for the moment, so let's level the playing field for a week, eh? I would set a goal in seconds or minutes if you don't want to count them. Or you could set a number if you trust you'll pay attention to count. Whatever you prefer! I would maybe do this while you watch TV or are waiting in line or something like that. Look like a doofus...for Gryffindor! ;)
    Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Soda Challenge! Replace at least one soda/sugary drink/coffee/some other liquid weakness per day with an extra cup of water.
    5 NEWTS per each day you do it, 35 NEWTS total possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

Here's the blog link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/february-gryffindor-owls-newts-201348
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If you don't have the movies, pick a day to continue the Break exercises from last week
    LOVE the look of that game. Sod the break exercises, I'm doing the Harry Potter Workout Game with one of the books, I reckon it will work pretty well. :bigsmile:

I've been thinking it was about time I read them all again, what a great excuse. Maybe I won't read them in public though, if I'm doing this... :D

Only change, I'll swap the crunches for a few burpees, which will do me a lot more good than doing hundreds of crunches. :smile: