Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hello Gryffs! After taking a break for the month of December (and my honeymoon in January!) I'm back and more motivated than ever!

CW: 163.0 lbs
    GW: 148.0 lbs

i just want to tell you OMG that pic of you in your wedding dress is BEAUTIFUL! you look amazing in that pic
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hello Gryffs! After taking a break for the month of December (and my honeymoon in January!) I'm back and more motivated than ever!

i just want to tell you OMG that pic of you in your wedding dress is BEAUTIFUL! you look amazing in that pic

I agree! Totally smokin!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

Congratulations and welcome back. LOVE your photo, what a gorgeous dress!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good evening Gryffs! I just got back from another walk with my hubby, and feeling good! :smile: I still have some time for some wii fit tonight too!

I hope everyone has had a great day and an awesome weekend :flowerforyou:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Congratulations and welcome back. LOVE your photo, what a gorgeous dress!

Yes! I agree, very pretty!! Welcome back! Where did you spend your honeymoon?
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    so its 3am here and i had fallen asleep watching a movie (at 9pm) so i am now awake and cant seem to go back to sleep. grrr i doubt anyone is awake but i wanted to stop by and say i hope you all have a great sunday! remember although you may feel alone in your "get healthy" journey, you are not!!! i know how lonely it can feel but i just remember all my great MFP buddies and my gryffindor family and it makes the loneliness go away!!

i am so proud of each and everyone of you for what you have already acheived and what i KNOW you will acheive in the future!!!
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Added 20 seconds to my planks today!! I am going to try to increase each day by at least 10 seconds and try to be at 2 minutes by end of week.

How is everyone else liking planks? Ready to lynch Bron?

Great job! Planks are hard! But I enjoy the challenge! :smile:
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my absolutley craptastic week totals.

CW: 167 (gained 4 pounds :sad: )
    OWLS: 0
    NEWTS: 0
    SPEW: 0
    HP: 0
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    This trip totally screwed me up. I went from reporting an awesome NSV of fitting into an old dress, to sabotaging myself. I kept trying not to be too hard on myself and saying that it's impossible to workout and lose weight when you spend 3 days straight in a car, but it sounds hollow. I seriously had tears when I weighed in today. Sorry for the pathetic rant, just feeling a little down today and defeated today (and maybe still overtired from the drive). Hope you all had a great week, I seriously missed you guys.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    This trip totally screwed me up. I went from reporting an awesome NSV of fitting into an old dress, to sabotaging myself.
    You do sound down, did you really eat an extra fourteen thousand calories? I bet you didn't!

Have a nice big drink of water, get a good night's sleep and check your weight tomorrow, it's probably just from eating sodium / putting back on the water weight you lost when you started dieting. I bet you'll have lost most of it in a few days. :smile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    This trip totally screwed me up. I went from reporting an awesome NSV of fitting into an old dress, to sabotaging myself.
    You do sound down, did you really eat an extra fourteen thousand calories? I bet you didn't!

Have a nice big drink of water, get a good night's sleep and check your weight tomorrow, it's probably just from eating sodium / putting back on the water weight you lost when you started dieting. I bet you'll have lost most of it in a few days. :smile:

I agree! All you can do is just keep going. Dwelling on the bummers doesn't help us move forward. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I didn't do yoga yet even tho that was my goal, so I'm going to hard core workout sometime today (and do some planks and yoga with it). I'm holding myself to it, and not making excuses because I'm not going anywhere today!

I did try this recipe for my NEWT this week. It was SOOOO yummy, and not really that bad. It's a new favorite of mine and Emily's!

Here it is:

Stuffed Flank Steak

1 flank steak, about 1 1/2 pounds (I actually found a cheap round steak that was cut thin and it worked wonderfully!)
    1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
    4 ounces sun-dried tomato- or herb-garlic-flavored feta cheese, crumbled (the stuff I found came in a 6oz package so I just used the whole package)
    2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs (I left these out and it was still delicious!)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Heat oven to 425. Place a rack in a shallow baking pan. Coat with cooking spray.
    2. Lay steak on work surface. Starting at a long side, slice steak in half without cutting through all the way. Open like a book and flatten to an even thickness.
    3. In a bowl, combine spinach, feta, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the beaten egg.
    4. Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Press spinach mixture onto steak, leaving a 1-inch border. Beginning on a short end, roll up to enclose filling. Tie steak with cotton twine at 2-inch intervals.
    5. Rub steak with remaining oil and season with remaining salt and pepper.
    6. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer steak to prepared rack.
    7. Roast at 425 for 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 135 on an instant-read thermometer. Remove meat form oven; let rest, covered, 10 minutes before slicing.
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    Good morning Gryffs! I just read an interesting post on mfp "What is your reward for reaching your final goals?"

I hadn't really thought about what mine would be, but I am curious to know what all of yours are :heart:
  • TourThePast
    Options
    WARNING - this serves two @ 385 calories each, but it's really only a starter and is not very filling - don't expect to have this and not be hungry afterwards!

My recipe is to put a 150g Camembert into a hot oven, still in its wooden box (remove any nasty cellophane but a good one will be wrapped in heavy greaseproof paper) for 15 minutes, adding a part-baked French baguette for the last ten minutes.

Serve by cutting open the top of the Camembert with a sharp knife, tearing off pieces of French bread and dipping it into the molten cheese.

NOTE - This is best served when you have a few friends round, so they can eat most of it and you can just enjoy a small taste. :bigsmile:
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Good morning Gryffs! I just read an interesting post on mfp "What is your reward for reaching your final goals?"

I hadn't really thought about what mine would be, but I am curious to know what all of yours are :heart:
    Since last February I've been keeping a list of "banned" food that I'd choose from as a treat once I reached goal weight.

Only trouble is, I got there just before Christmas and with the necessary meals out I struggled to even eat at maintenance so the last thing I wanted to do was deliberately eat high calorie food. In the end, I didn't eat any of those meals, it turns out I don't really miss them at all now.

The reward for reaching my goal has been to have a body that looks great, and to have somehow managed to develop a lifestyle that is centred around being fit and healthy - I'm the least sporty person you could imagine, but I'm actually enjoying it.

So my advice is to have a reward that won't change along with your healthier lifestyle, eg a facial if you like that sort of thing.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    WARNING - this serves two @ 385 calories each, but it's really only a starter and is not very filling - don't expect to have this and not be hungry afterwards!

My recipe is to put a 150g Camembert into a hot oven, still in its wooden box (remove any nasty cellophane but a good one will be wrapped in heavy greaseproof paper) for 15 minutes, adding a part-baked French baguette for the last ten minutes.

Serve by cutting open the top of the Camembert with a sharp knife, tearing off pieces of French bread and dipping it into the molten cheese.

NOTE - This is best served when you have a few friends round, so they can eat most of it and you can just enjoy a small taste. :bigsmile:

OR you just eat it yourself and work it off after ;) That sounds AMAZING!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Besides the slightly obvious 'new wardrobe,' I want to save up to have braces again. My dog ate my retainer (no joke!) after the last time and I couldn't afford to replace it then. I have my gap between my front teeth coming back, which doesn't bother me that much anymore, but my overbite is also coming back and it drives me CRAZY! I feel like my teeth are running away from me, lol.

What do you want to do for yourself when you reach goal?
  • Nekoashi
    Options

I love cheese!!! :love: This sounds awesome, and odds are if I am left unattended I will eat it all by myself lol :ohwell:
  • Nekoashi
    Options

Besides the slightly obvious 'new wardrobe,' I want to save up to have braces again. My dog ate my retainer (no joke!) after the last time and I couldn't afford to replace it then. I have my gap between my front teeth coming back, which doesn't bother me that much anymore, but my overbite is also coming back and it drives me CRAZY! I feel like my teeth are running away from me, lol.

I definitely don't want to make my goal something to do with food (bad food that is LOL!) I would have worked so hard, it'd be a shame to gain a few pounds back on :tongue:

So far I've thought about maybe wedding dress shopping for our formal wedding. I loved our little beach wedding, but we have so many family and friends that couldn't come due to our budget and restrictions of party size on the beach, we want to be able to celebrate at some point with everyone :smile: I loved how I looked in my ivory dress, but I would love to wear a white wedding dress when I am 135lbs :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

I definitely don't want to make my goal something to do with food (bad food that is LOL!) I would have worked so hard, it'd be a shame to gain a few pounds back on :tongue:

So far I've thought about maybe wedding dress shopping for our formal wedding. I loved our little beach wedding, but we have so many family and friends that couldn't come due to our budget and restrictions of party size on the beach, we want to be able to celebrate at some point with everyone :smile: I loved how I looked in my ivory dress, but I would love to wear a white wedding dress when I am 135lbs :)

I think that's a perfect reward! Plus, new dress! :)