Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    bump so I can keep an eye on all you Slytherins :wink:
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Maintained at 171 pounds. Toning and strength training are working even though weight has stayed constant. I replaced all of my jeans, pants, shorts, etc. this week with 34 inch waist. And they are a little big on me. Yay!
    1110 minutes exercise minutes for 6855 calories burned. Not sure what this past weeks' newts and owls were. But will keep track of them from now on with the new spreadsheet.
    Got engaged on Friday to a fellow MFP member (timeforachange2011) and am moving at the end of June to be with her in Ohio. Planning on either a December or early next year wedding. Whee This site has been so much more than a weight loss resource.

Troy

Congrats Troy, that is amazing!

Well I managed my exercises yesterday, had a horrific weekend though, not so much the food but the drink on the Saturday (we went out for a friends birthday) was terrible! So many empty calories. I've decided not to drink wine or cider anymore as it's so calorific!

I love my new FITBIT though, has anyone else got one? (or anything similar?)

Happy Monday! :)
  • fefetwimom
    fefetwimom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yesterday was the worst day since i have started. my husband took me to a concert since it was free but it was a few hours away so of course we had to eat and we got burger king before. it cost me almost 700 calories. after we went for subway thinking it would be less. nope just as much. ugh. wont do that again. i am on the straight and narrow. and didnt do any of my challenges because i thought it started today for some reason. i posted my starting weight though
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Every day is a new day, my weekend was also horrific, but we have a full week to try and pull it back, so don't be too hard on yourself!
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    Can someone tell me where the house challenges are? I am kinda new to myfitnesspal in general and this is the first group ive ever been in. I would really like to participate. Thank you for your help.
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Can someone tell me where the house challenges are? I am kinda new to myfitnesspal in general and this is the first group ive ever been in. I would really like to participate. Thank you for your help.

They are here, we are on week 1.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/poorcopies/view/slytherin-weekly-challenge-s-april-2012-234277
  • racingthewinchesters
    Options
    Hey guys! I had a bad Saturday night/Sunday morning in terms of eating (started just binge-ing on granola, fruit and nuts. I suppose it could have been worse, really). but today I woke up feeling far more in control. I stayed within my calorie limit and scored 55 House Points, 2 OWLs and 1 NEWT for you guys! Those tricep dips nearly KILLED me, haha. Thank you! I'm going to have to reassess my daily calorie limit to try and prevent my body feeling such a desperate need to binge after a week of dieting, especially since I'm increasing my exercise so much. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Oh, and all of you can add me as a friend. I'd love to keep in touch more.
  • ljcruz
    ljcruz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Got 2 owls in and 42 housepoints
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    hey guys, kinda feel like a pointless checkin but I did 30 mins of exercise and no weight change last week. Midterms been getting in the way of exercise. Hope everyone else had a good week!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Hey all,

My arms are also battered after the dips and all the Wii boxing I've been doing.

I got a fitbit last week and it's SO good, I've already found myself taking the stairs at work more instead of the lift, to get my floors up. It sync's really well with MFP as well, score!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • christineandgeno
    Options

They are here, we are on week 1.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/poorcopies/view/slytherin-weekly-challenge-s-april-2012-234277

Tyvm
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    Seems like my week is off to a decent start. I am down 1lb so I have lost 30lbs since the beginning of my weight loss journey so far. Im so excited.
  • fefetwimom
    Options
    ok so from what i understand the way to figure out the points is to average with everyone involved. well since i'm not really keeping up with the challenges right now i'd say take me out of the equation. i wont compete this month i guess. i will still come and chat and ask questions from time to time but i dont wanna drag the average down when i'm not participating. i'll join the challenges next month once i'm farther along in my journey and more strict to the cause
  • trina614
    trina614 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my exercise or food was last week I was really bad about logging everything but I did lose a pound. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    ok so from what i understand the way to figure out the points is to average with everyone involved. well since i'm not really keeping up with the challenges right now i'd say take me out of the equation. i wont compete this month i guess. i will still come and chat and ask questions from time to time but i dont wanna drag the average down when i'm not participating. i'll join the challenges next month once i'm farther along in my journey and more strict to the cause

Technically, you're more than free to take yourself out as long as you say ahead of time. That being said, I hope you'll reconsider! In Gryffindor, I try encourage just participating in the parts that you're most comfortable with in the moment. If you're feeling off track, what better way to get ON track than to jump back in?

To me, the point of this group is NOT about being perfect, but about improvement. I would hate for anyone to think if they're not some sort of exercise maniac that they're efforts aren't meaningful.
  • racingthewinchesters
    Options
    Didn't sleep very well last night (couldn't stop dancing around madly to Juke Box Hero!) so today I've been a bit hopeless. I got 2 OWLs and 1 NEWT, but only 49 House Points. I was planning to do a second run but I'm really not feeling very energised. I'll endeavour to do more exercise (and revision for my university exams!) tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day. :)
  • poorcopies
    Options

You don't have to keep up with the daily OWL / NEWT challenges if you don't want, they don't count towards the figures, just loss and exercise mins, so if you are doing your own thing exercise wise that's cool too! Anyway, if you want to leave it a month then thats cool, but do still chat and stay involved that way if you want :)

Well done on your losses Christine & Trina!
  • fefetwimom
    Options
    thanks you guys. it makes me feel better. i am doing my own exercise thing and i didn't want to pull every ones averages down because i wasn't doing the challenges. if all i have to do is weigh in weekly and keep track of exercise minutes then i'm fine with that. i'm doing daily exercise so i always have that
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    So I got some news. Not only have I been sick the last few days so, I ve been picking at food, I twisted my knee yesterday on my deck. My doctor told me I cant workout at all, and am stuck in physical therapy for the next 3 weeks. I will still keep track of my eating but I wont be able to actually workout for awhile. Sorry Guys.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize we started new thread and wondering why no one posted last 3 days! Dummy me for not checking the main group page!!

No much happening here, raining all week. Okay today but very windy cool wind…going to walk by the river anyway…